News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - 2018 [Continued]  (Read 55081 times)

mantidactyle

• View Profile
    • PokéPlayer
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 06:27:06 am »
Currently made a major finding in OoT, and restored a beta gem hidden within the ROM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImrojQT7K0

All 6 arrows are fully functional, and the additional magic arrows were customized to work. The beta arrows do exist, but also the charge colors and data does show that there are 3 unused arrows with their own damage effects to enemies. Though not all enemies do receive damage, but do get hit/hurt by the arrows in some way (I'm guessing Stalchildren heal from Wind and Dark, but I'm unsure).
There is a bit of information about that on tcrf
http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time#Enemy_Damage_Charts

I really want to see this project succeed, your updates make me want to play this :P

Airikita

• Running through my mind is hell...
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 12:13:48 pm »
There is a bit of information about that on tcrf
http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time#Enemy_Damage_Charts

I really want to see this project succeed, your updates make me want to play this :P
I use a better source:
http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Zelda_64:_Damage_Charts

Although there are inaccuracies with the list. I have found other means to enable/disable detection of damages, including a bit that determines friendly fire between Gohma Larvae.

July 11, 2014, 06:01:42 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I have seen there has still been some confusions as to Epona's size in ZEY compared to MM (not here, but other chat rooms), so here's a pic to clear any confusions up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/MMandZEYEponaComparison_zps84ab7b4d.png

The size was fixed earlier, and Epona is not imported from MM, she is the Young Epona that already exists in OoT resized. I figured I'd do this pic to be sure there wasn't any confusions as it seems my Young Epona mod has some optical illusions in the screenshots.

On another note, I was going to work on the hookshot for Young Link, and then a glitch in Epona came up (which I thought I had fixed -.- I blame Nintendo for borking the camera code).

She has also been modified to clear wider gaps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjkaWE6Kk0

EDIT:
This is the new bow, so it could use a good name. I picked out "Hylia's Bow" but it doesn't seem to fit with the OoT theme... nor does it fit Zelda's Eternal Youth. If someone has a better name, feel free to suggest one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:01:42 pm by Airikita »

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »
Winged Bow? Roc's Bow? Cupid's Bow? Cherub's Bow? Heavenly Bow? Aether Bow?

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\\\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »
Winged Bow? Roc's Bow? Cupid's Bow? Cherub's Bow? Heavenly Bow? Aether Bow?
By the theme of it, Roc's bow might just work. It's not colored like Roc's feather, but I could change the arch to be blue or red to go with the theme.

July 16, 2014, 11:30:07 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
New sword added:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/LinksNewFireIceSword2_zpsa6c2b7e7.png

I was almost close to overdoing this sword, but I restrained myself. Almost got into a pretty unique design. I will say it was inspirational to modify this fire/ice sword, where it will do ice or fire attacks depending on which spin attack is used. You can light torches with the red spin attack.

I could make it have a shorter handle, and make Link hold it one-handed, but it didn't look as nice smaller, and it looks like a sword that he should carry with both hands.

I was so close to not putting this in my mod because I had just created something new, but it was something that was meant for ZEY, and I kept it toned down. Here's what it looks like in MilkShape:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/Custom2HElementalSword_WIP9_zps46eeb4ab.png

It's a decent size too, 0x17D8 in length.

Video of Fire/Ice Sword in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yT8cd7ARY

July 18, 2014, 10:24:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
3 glitches fixed for ZEY today:
--------------------------------------
- ISG (infinite sword glitch) fixed for talking to NPCs or signs, and fixed for using actions (such as picking up bombs)
- Swordless on Epona no longer possible (however dismounting Epona results in the Deku Stick going to the B button, but that is fixable as well.
- Quick Draw and Action Swap are no longer up for abuse
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:24:38 pm by Airikita »

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 12:22:38 am »
EDIT:

New arrow items being added in as we speak:
-----------------------------------------------------------

I think the allotted text is perfect, as I'd rather keep the 3 arrows short and sweet. Works out nicely.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:31:41 pm by Airikita »

Ferry_Andrews64

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »
Can someone teach me how to add my own custom title logo? I'm only 14 and I am currently making my first mod.

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »
All 6 tunics are now equipable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZemKzDtMzc

Eventually the final 3 will allow bonus defense, but for now it's only a tester until I can get the tunics to read from a different save data spot for new flags, since the tunic flags overlap the boot flags. The real hurdle is making the new tunics obtainable.

July 30, 2014, 07:50:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
No more delays in ZEY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLHehf8apE

Also the pause menu fix is different, as it removes the mess that the original fix causes, but it's not a work up from the original fix, but a complete retooling of it. It actually ignores the counter, the counter doesn't get changed, it just avoids loading the overhead, and I even opted out the function that loads debug display list commands (00 command, not even 01 - F3DEX2_VTX).

This optimizes the display list in the GDLT and makes even more space for what appears on-screen. A significant reduction in any lag when the Stalchildren spawn near the dense area of Hyrule Field while Epona is in the picture. Any overload and weird display errors were removed with the removal of the debug GDLT commands, and I could easily remove the pre-rendering procedure for the GDLT, which bloated the GDLT so much it was throwing errors..

EDIT:
Using Direct64, you can see the blurs don't show:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/airikita/CleanPauseMenu_zpse38c5e7c.png
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:19:10 pm by Airikita »

Rotnflesh

• No game? No life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 02:44:41 pm »
Is this mod still in the works? I've trolled RHN for awhile but never made an account to post with because I didn't see something I really wanted to talk about. This mod, however...I've played every FF and Zelda game (non-GB/GBA) and I would love to play this one.

Any status update?
Show me a woman who doesn't feel guilty, and I'll show you a man.

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.” (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 07:50:41 pm »
I too hope this is still in the work's, even it's on the back burner for now or something. I've always wanted to see an OoT hack like this, and would gladly play the hell out of it.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

aliud22

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 10:28:00 am »
Man, I just started to surf the web looking for OoT hacks and I found this topic. Mind = blown. Awesome. I created an account just to say that. Keep going. I wish you good luck.

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 03:55:12 pm »
I do have an update. I took a break from last time for a while, mainly because of college.

From the time I stopped modding, I had a mess to clean up, but I managed to fix the read-out for the equipment, and set up the menu so that the white and gold tunics would not read over the Kokiri and Iron boots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8-loI3Q1s

As shown, I have also managed to do a few other things with the equipment menu so that there is free-roaming, mainly to avoid issues with the normal cursor scrolling which was badly bugged by the original code with my new settings.

There is still the matter of allowing the tunics to work the way I want them to, but this was the main hurdle to get over for the meantime.

Credit to CloudMax for his origional free-roaming item menu code, with some modifications to work with the equipment menu.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »
That.... looks amazing. >:D

You're doing a wonderful job!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 02:47:25 am »
I def wanna play this if it's ever completed someday. :)

Question - you seem to done alot of romhacking for "zelda's birthday 2" when i watched through a whole bunch of your past videos but...is it true the author of that...cancelled the project ?? :( I couldnt really find any info anywhere about this.

I googled and came across only 1 random forum somewhere where the author mentioned sometime mid-way 2014 that he's not working on it anymore. Dont know if it's really cancelled/true. :( do you by any chance know ??

I played the first zelda birthday hack and liked it alot. wanted to play this 2nd one someday :|

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 04:06:08 am »
Yeah, the ZB2 project was cancelled due to the modder going through some life-changing matters... I can't say much on it, but it's pretty severe. If he has given up completely on it, I might use the horses in my mod.

Although, since ZEY tends to be for child Link only, they may not fit in. I might put them into a showcase room as a bonus, idk. Maybe I'll make a random petting zoo with the horses, and fit it in somehow.

------------------
Also, here's a bit more I worked on regarding more game mechanic changes; rolling done the Wind Waker way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjSYMD22QA

I still have a mess with the equipment changes. Now, because of my changes, the deku shield doesn't disappear when burned. This can be an issue for other equipment, such as swords and tunics (granted the Like-Likes don't need to eat the tunics... seems folly to me), but for the meantime I have a to-do list from the recent changes.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2015, 09:21:35 am »
I love every update to this.  These features are absolutely fantastic.  That Wind Waker rolling is a god send for that game.  Thank you for ding such a wonderful project!
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 09:15:48 pm »
Generally I'm not a fan of 64 romhacks because they tend to lack quality and/or be quite buggy, but this one is definitely looking great and I'm really enjoying seeing the updates of this. Ocarina of Time was one of my childhood games and I'm super excited to see a quality hack like this. The faster pause menu and the rolling are especially appealing to me and I like the new texture quality on the Hylian Shield. I can't say I'm a fan of how Navi looks though.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 10:41:04 pm »
Yeah, I'm looking at Navi a bit more... guess she could use a different design, but the texture for Navi is 64x32... I mean I could probably clean her up a bit. I didn't pay much attention to how borked she was as I was focused on the rest of the issues.

Thing is Uni is supposed to be... er... crazy-looking. Don't know how to emphasize that, unless you mean the fact that parts of her, like the ears, look lop-sided.

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2015, 12:38:22 am »
Uni is definitely crazy looking. Looks like Rainbow Dash and a grey pig had a kid together and it has mental issues or something. At least, that's what it looks like to me. :P
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod [Incomplete]
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 12:12:27 am »
Currently juggling 2 things:
-----------------------------
1. a new type of currency will be added - the N-coin.
Recent discoveries (by me and others) concluded that the Gold Skulltula tokens were once a placeholder for N-coins before changes.
The N-coin token model already exists in-game, plus the debug text.
https://tcrf.net/Proto:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time_Master_Quest/Console_Output_Strings#code (Search for: Nコイン)

2. more inventory slots! (this one's going to be a hassle, but so far testing has shown this is possible.
Some other changes in the code has allowed free spots in the save data for 14 spare items past the normal inventory)

Juggling these 2 things (and college) is taking up time, and I have been dealing with fatigue from other issues.

-------------------------------

Weird Errors from modifications:
Crashing occurred when Link died... twice. The problem occurs when changes to the way the Game Over screen ends (from my edit) causes a value to stick, confusing a chain of functions, resulting in an infinite loop in one section... causing the game to hang.

Luckily, removing a condition, and forcing a value to read as 0 fixed the error so the next deaths look normal.

Although these changes, and another change to force a room clear with enemies that drop tokens (room doesn't clear until tokens are picked up now) gates now take 5 seconds to open after clearing a room, or hitting the switch.

The cause of the gate issue is unknown, and it goes for doors and the gates in Fire Temple so far (the cells with the Gorons). I can fix it, but I don't have to as the gates will be open upon leaving and re-entering a room, or just by waiting 5 seconds.

Another unrelated error is when riding Epona, and getting knocked off, sometimes the camera will stick, then zoom in on Link's feet. It's a minor issue that I've been at for a while before moving on. The issue may not be fixed, but it does not affect gameplay. Maybe slightly annoying, but not a huge concern.

January 23, 2015, 10:50:08 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Did someone say "new inventory space"???

(current inventory seen is only a test)

Here's it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8nu_W95ZKw

===================================================

EDIT: 144 lines of code, 12 hours of work, and the selections for items are now fully independent, no longer duplicated on both panels:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:46:07 am by Airikita »

TheZunar123

• View Profile
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod [Incomplete]
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 02:43:40 pm »
I wonder if you have the new design of the equipment screen done or if that's just a tease on the left side. :P

I just have two things to say. One, the bow looks a little plain compared to the rest of the items. Is the bow just temporary design or is that its final? Two, I wanted to ask why you switched the A and B buttons on the HUD. That seems like unnecessary work to me.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR