News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - 2018 [Continued]  (Read 55083 times)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:21 pm »
Hello everyone, I am posting this so that everyone knows that I have not been idle lately. I have successfully imported custom instruments, but I still have issues with finding good instruments to import as the majority of the music in OoT is a bit off-key when an instrument is imported, no matter what the clarity.

There is only one instrument I'm interested in replacing in the meantime, but that is not a concern..

I was also looking over some concept ideas, and am looking into the first quest becoming an ALttP style play with 7 crystals, and 3 pendants. The dark world will integrate a TP gameplay quest involved, making the quest even longer to complete:

For the most part, there will be 7 crystals. I will be able to implement it, but there will be simplicity involved.

Upon completing the quest to get the crystals, access to the Dark World will be obtained, and Link will be trapped in the Twilight Realm of the Dark World. I would call it "Twilight World" since it will have a field much like the one for the first quest, but in a new style to mimick a Twilight Ream feel to it.

Of course, I plan for a type of mirror shard hunt:

For now these will be part of the bigger scope, where I am planning for the final quest to involve the medallions, and a very special item, along with magic arrows as part of the finale to tie in the broader brush of it all.

I do intend for Epona to be obtainable in the final quest, but not the first.

I plan for a total of 3 quests, but I will have to account for limitations after implementing everything for the main plot.

If I am able to, a mid-quest will be involved, which will require some specialized re-tooling since there will be 8 quest items to be obtained. I could use the stones in place of the other 2, but it will still require a new position list, meaning I would have to use the space for the dungeon map screen that was discarded.

This is the main reason I had discarded the dungeon panel, so that I can use it as a new quest menu, but until then it's obsolete.

Also, not having map access will serve a purpose to the storyline. Nobody should be disappointed by the removal of the map panel, especially if you want new items to fill up this saga.

=============================

EDIT:
------
Here is a preview of what the Twilight/Dark World will look like:

Note: the black squares do scroll up into the sky (texture animation).

Referencing Twilight is a bad idea. It's bad enough that Link rides a horse and has long hair.

Airikita

• Running through my mind is hell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2015, 09:13:35 pm »
Hur hur, so clever. I'll just call it "Dark World" and give him the grenades in that level from some smuggler.
Lon Lon Milk will be something cool, like Root Beer (but not real beer, because we don't want to promote Link drinking underage).

Here's a quick dialogue I came up with for the smuggler:
----------------------------------------------------------
"You want something cool? Something manly kid? I got grenades... yeah... gotta have something small that packs a big BANG, know what I mean?"
"...You know, some people call this the "Twilight Realm" but there's nothing "Twilight" about it. See any Vampires here? Not me... it's the Dark World kid, as Dark as my envy for a bomb so big it will blow the most impenetrable castle!"

(I'll fiddle with this concept for a while)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:20:22 pm by Airikita »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »
Sounds epic to me! Lttp is my personal favorite of the series, so I welcome any homages to it, TP as well.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
Scratch that, Link will drink from a Mirinda soda bottle every potion he drinks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dnW8QJxHD0

March 20, 2015, 06:18:47 pm

I am just letting everyone know that I have been extremely sick starting this week... I am coughing heavily, and am feverish. I am also behind on some other work from being sick (I have not been modding this week either, just literally tired and sick), so I likely won't be posting updates for a while...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:19:09 pm by Airikita »

Ticamus

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »
Hi, it was just to see if it was better and if the project still went along.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:43 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:46:35 am by Chpexo »

SilverTails

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2015, 12:07:35 pm »
Is this project dead? :'( because it's been time since you don't update or say hi   :-X

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2015, 12:50:53 pm »
Wow!
Amazing!!

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »
Is this project dead? :'( because it's been time since you don't update or say hi   :-X

Being that Airikita's last post mentioned s/he was sick, and s/he most likely also has school/work/real life problems that's bound to take up large chucnk of free time. I'd recommend patiently waiting for the next batch of epic screenshots depicting his/her latest progress to crop up (which might be awhile, as I'm sure hacking OoT is anything but easy).
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

SilverTails

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2015, 04:29:16 pm »
Being that Airikita's last post mentioned s/he was sick, and s/he most likely also has school/work/real life problems that's bound to take up large chucnk of free time. I'd recommend patiently waiting for the next batch of epic screenshots depicting his/her latest progress to crop up (which might be awhile, as I'm sure hacking OoT is anything but easy).

I know but I say taht because of the amazing fan games that have been canceled (zelda project ura, zelda the shadowgazer, zelda Echoes of Aurelia(?), zelda time walker...) so I'm always affraid that a very cool project is left unfinished  :(

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:45:50 am by Chpexo »

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2015, 12:36:41 am »
Just finished college, slowly getting back into the momentum of the project.
Got head deep into an MMO, probably not smart considering the depth of this project.

I'm starting to hit extra time when not helping out a guild, so I'll be working on spare time when not raiding.
I am a junkie of ArcheAge since it's come about, but I am finding a rythm where I'm not overdoing it.

Apologies for the delays.
I should have a good amount of spare time.

I was also dealing with plot development for ZEY, so it wasn't completely ignored.
I have also been struggling with persistant insomnia since summer of last year.

SilverTails

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2015, 11:03:26 am »
Sorry for my comment I'm too egocentric  :-X

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2015, 02:25:09 pm »
No worries, I know it's been almost 1 year (6 months maybe) of not getting around to the next step.
There's been other irl issues coming up as well.

Ticamus

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2015, 06:12:57 pm »
When is the beta or alpha ?

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\\\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2015, 11:41:42 pm »
When is the beta or alpha ?
Well, I have at least the first dungeon playable, but a beta will not be released until the first level is playable.

Until then, it's a long editing phase to add all the content and cleaning up errors before launching a full works on the first development for the remaining land and dungeons for the first level of ZEY.

As for updates, I have been working on restoring all 6 magic spells:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0G7DPwRLkI

Bits and pieces remain in the code, but the functionality of most of the spells are completely removed.
I will, however, create my own spell creations including the ice and light magic damage effects that still exist in OOT's data.

As you can tell, magic arrows are also functional with the medallions.

----------------------------

For anyone wondering about my absence, I have been ill this year from some re-occuring conditions, and I was getting sick with flus and colds for 3-6 months straight from a lowered immune system from my conditions.

I am sick with a virus this week, but it is easing off a bit.
I am also still currently busy with irl things, so I am just assessing my time so I can manage it with my project.

I have also been playing ArcheAge, which has been extremely time-consuming until lately, as I have things set up so I'm not spending hours to set up everything.

I will spend my time when I can to work on the project.

October 20, 2015, 01:35:49 am
Now with all 6 magic spells, 6 magic arrows, and 6 medallions are obtainable and fully functional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y7XClb-a4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okMhGAvTU34

Getting the medallions to appear required resizing the allocation size for the data to load without overwriting other data in RAM... it was burried in ASM code, which was still a bit tricky to find even with Nemu's bebugging tools.

I can even add more detailed items for Link to hold above his head now, unlike the low-poly items currently in the game.

The text will be changed too, the old text for Magic Arrows is just a reminant of when I first implemented the 6 magic arrows.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:44:08 am by Airikita »

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2015, 01:36:22 am »
Demo 1 patch available for download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B20w9VJ3ui2xQndqckhob0J1LWs
Instructions for patching is in the file.

November 08, 2015, 05:39:50 am

More updates for further development of ZEY:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Changed the 4 rupee upgrades to show different colors depending on the wallet upgrade obtained:

And... also working on the first custom boss for the first level, which will partially be ALttP themed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K16k1hDfh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qjJ5vQAWU

Here's the model that will be used:

Slideshow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87pVJspKNQc

Any input/feedback/citicism is welcomed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:57:22 am by Airikita »

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) [Demo 1 Release]
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2015, 01:58:20 am »
Finally have my first custom boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fM8w5KA1Q

Mind you, this is only a cutscene test... the full battle is still functional, I only need to disable the cutscene after the Armos Knights are active. Shouldn't be too difficult, but this is what I have finished for tonight.

There are some other minor issues, such as them dying in 1 hit, but it's difficult to hit them, and I upped their damage a bit too.
Grenades will likely be the item-of-choice for this boss fight, getting close with a sword is asking for ouchies unless you're skilled.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2015, 02:24:30 am »
ohhh nice. :) and i seriously love the whole color coded thingy for ruppee's :)

wasnt that in the original ocrana of time though ? i forget. I think it would be green for 00-99, blue 000-200, and red 000-500.
just wondered :)

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2015, 02:52:33 am »
ohhh nice. :) and i seriously love the whole color coded thingy for ruppee's :)

wasnt that in the original ocrana of time though ? i forget. I think it would be green for 00-99, blue 000-200, and red 000-500.
just wondered :)
Nope, the original OOT only had a green rupee next to the counter the whole time.
The 4th upgrade is something I dug out of the data, somehow Nintendo never implemented the 4th upgrade.