News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Paper Mario 64 - General Hacking Tool  (Read 24951 times)

luigi1er

• View Profile
Re: Paper Mario 64 - General Hacking Tool
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »
Hi guys :D, today I bring along with me a nearly completed version of my tool. I fixed many things like : many defenses management, many hp, irregular attacks effects and the missing items... I still miss a few data of Bowser and Jr. Troopa 1, but everything is pretty done. Also, I locked some inputs when there are no data related to them to avoid issues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSek_0oxKC-UkRMT3dIaVVCRUE/view?usp=sharing

With the recent news around PM64, I think I will stop upgrading my tool as many others will be able to do much more than what I can offer. Although, I will finish my list of enemies soon and after I will publish it like a tool I guess. See you next time 8)

luigi1er

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »
Hi guys :D, I'm back with a new version of my tool. I added all or almost all enemies and their attacks with the status. I also added all badges shops with the unused badges, but as they have no descriptions it's still a little glitchy if you choose to take them in shops. Also, I verified what happens when you have two same badges in the menu : when you activate one, the other is also actived, so duplicating HP Plus or something like that is useless :(.

The assignment of descriptions is complementary, so I hope it doesn't trigger any bug when you will try it out. I want to make remember people that I don't know how to modify the cost of badges in Toad Town, that's why there is no slots for that. Now, my enemies module seems less big than this one, but they have much stuffs both. :laugh:

That's it. I'm not sure what I will do now. I don't think I will upgrade my tool soon (for major things in any case). If you find a bug which is untientional, you can write so I would be able to fix it. I will take a break and see if other hackers can bring other interesting things that I wouldn't know on the game. On that, good day :thumbsup:

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSek_0oxKC-dmVITUNCZy1ybFk/view?usp=sharing

EDIT : An item is mislabed in charts.xml and can main to a crash. To avoid it, just rename "Honey SYrup" by "Honey Syrup".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:34:58 pm by luigi1er »

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2015, 12:39:23 am »
Hmm, aren't the badges in Toad Town event based? As in its not a normal shop as memory serves me right. I imagine if you did a specific search for their prices though you may find something related to it.

Though it looks like you've done an Amazing job with this editor thus far, while my computer isn't very friendly to USB controllers so I can't really play N64 games on this machine, I am very appreciative of work such as yours.

Andrew171717

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 12:54:59 am »
Awesome work Luigi1er! :thumbsup:
I've added your work to my doc file.
I'm trying to keep an archive of all the Paper Mario 64 Hacking Projects.

Here's a link if anyone wants to check out where we are in terms of creating Paper Mario Hacks.  8)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19claOHWCbQ7XMJUaLOWIfom9OW-059Xkjr-hxPAZt5I/edit?usp=sharing

BlackNebulX

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 09:20:49 pm »
I like what you've done so far! Is there any way to figure out/modify what items enemies drop after a battle (and the rates of those items dropped), or how many turns an enemy is afflicted with a status ailment (Stop, Sleep, Shock, Dizzy, Shrink)? Just asking.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2015, 12:28:02 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:52:21 am by Chpexo »

luigi1er

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 11:05:24 am »
I like what you've done so far! Is there any way to figure out/modify what items enemies drop after a battle (and the rates of those items dropped), or how many turns an enemy is afflicted with a status ailment (Stop, Sleep, Shock, Dizzy, Shrink)? Just asking.

Thanks. I have never tried to see if we can modify enemies' drop after a battle and the rates either. The best way to do it would be to look for items' values nearby the enemy's formation or their code in areas data. As for turns caused by items, I'm pretty sure it's linked to their own data and not to enemies', so I'm not sure where you can do it because I think they are really far away each other.

Always nice to see some tools being made. Some advice I would give you would be to add a way to toggle what address the data is being read at, in case someone wants to move around the data in the game. I would suggest storing the addresses in an external file if you haven't already. Other than that you are doing a great job and keep up the good work!

Thanks. I let my adresses in an external file as you have mentioned, except they can be used to replace about twenty adresses in the same time, so your idea to make adresses visible somehow isn't a bad idea since I assumed people could figure out where the values go by refering to the files to locate them.

Andrew171717

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »
Hey Luigi1er and anyone else who stumbles onto this thread,

Your work is greatly appreciated Luigi1er, a lot of us over at the Origami 64 forum are super excited about what you've discovered.
I have personally added your information to my new Paper Mario 64 Archive.

Anyone who wishes to have further conversations about Paper Mario 64 Hacking please come over to the Origami 64 forum to talk about it. The forum has a completely dedicated Paper Mario Hacking section :o, so come check it out.
http://origami64.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

Thank you again Luigi1er and I hope to see you do great things in the future.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:51:12 am by Andrew171717 »