News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Might and Magic: Book One NEC PC-Engine CD Translation  (Read 12881 times)

tico999

• View Profile
Re: Might and Magic: Book One NEC PC-Engine CD Translation
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 07:06:38 pm »
Oh god! I should  needed a good japanese translator. I work with the google and babylon translate, but if I work alone every maps translation takes a week minimum. The towns and castles 2 or 3 weeks. I translated 5 maps  (55 maps had in the game) and harder things its a found good translation to the lots of additional texts.  (80% texts not pointer based, assambely code load the string directly, but not too hard found this. (Exp. A9xx85yyA9zz85ww  zzxx load to wwyy)

http://ticokh.atw.hu/42.png

http://ticokh.atw.hu/29.png

tico999

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 08:01:01 am »
Hi!

Some guy ask me how the translation on going.

I need a realized if I do the translation only myself it takes too long, because not enough time the translate the text with google and babylon and editing the rom. Plus this translation is in this form is lame because my english is lame, and the game have lots of additional scripts which is missing from other english releases. (And someone complained my previous SNES version wizardry 6 translation because I use only the PC version text in there translation). I released "in progress" translation in Underground Gamer torrent site a weeks ago maybe help found someone good japanese-english translator.
If you wait some hour I can upload one filehost site the this file (with configured mednafen and rom and in progress riped  texts). I know maybe break some forum rules but not too easy make the iso patch, because most emulator works correctly with bin/cue + .wav or .mp3. I don't want convert back to full is to make patch after every inserted sentence. And translation useless without 8x12 font hacked PCE-CD System.rom.

November 29, 2011, 08:45:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I add the link to the first post.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:45:41 am by tico999 »

tico999

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 06:42:40 am »
I planing to resurrect my projects (this and Wizardry 6 SNES translation).
I needed to realize translating into good english in not fitting on me. So I worked to extract text from this games.
Here I sharing now the japanese scripts from the game, translating these with help the google Translate will be easy somebody how is expert or native english speaker. And also easy can get the english script from the DOS version of the game. But PC-E version have more clues in the inns, and some other minor changing in the scripts and quests.
If you interested to help the translation pm to me and I will share with you the in-progress ROM (all towns and some of dungeons and outside areas is already translated but I sure it's have tons of error in a text).
If I got a full translation one of the area I easy can put into the ROM in one weekend or less, because I already revers-enginered the needed part of assembly.
I planed the make a tool for this but I wanted something more universal what every translation project can use. (Someting like good old SNESedit with good text encode-decode ability like Kruptar, with in modern desktop application.)

So here is the link for the scripts:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EeyGxr9CSSR3RNS25VeU9YNmc/view?usp=sharing