News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Megaman and other NES hacks for PCE  (Read 41561 times)

tomaitheous

• View Profile
    • PC Engine Dev
Re: Megaman and other NES hacks for PCE
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »
Yoshiatom: definitely. There's always work to be done ;)

So I got Jackal up and running on the PCE. It's a chr-ram, with compressed graphics. Since I want to do some graphic upgrades, I need to remove this system. I figured, while I'm at it - I'll make a MM1 chr-rom version for NES, if anyone wants/needs it. Easier to edit that way :)

January 10, 2014, 12:11:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Megaman 1 with Redbook support is up on the blog. It's in cue/iso/wave format, so you can change the tracks to whatever you want (track/wave length/duration doesn't matter). I also put in an 'easy' mode hack for the game (damage is now (damage/2)+1 ), but this is mostly for people to test the game on the real hardware (that aren't... good at MM1). I'll upload a replacement ISO track with normal mode, when I get some time (or upon request). 

So basically, all music is redbook/CDDA and all sound FX are PSG. I didn't use ADPCM for anything, yet. Should work fine in PCE/TGCD emulators.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:11:29 pm by tomaitheous »

skins4thewin

• View Profile
Re: Megaman and other NES hacks for PCE
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2015, 10:57:54 am »
It would be a dream come true if any of the Dragon Warrior games were ever ported!  I wouldn't be able to contain my excitement if such a wonderful thing were to happen.... :woot!: