News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors English Translation - The Green Fortress Release  (Read 9684 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Bob Liu

This is a partial translation patch for Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors on the Gameboy. So far, only the first two sections of the game out of three are translated and there has been a few liberties taken in the translation. Either way, a large portion of the game available to play in English. This translation is the result of a fan's wish to actually play the Magic Knight Rayearth Games. Most are in Japanese and haven't been translated so the author is taking it upon himself to translate the rest.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,17877.html)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Um, the RHDN Project Page link points to a screenshot.

winnaow

• View Profile
Thx for sharing.

I'm wonder about  the matter between Magic Knight Rayearth 2 - Making of Magic Knight(GG)

and  this one,which one is much more links to the comic ?
Magic Knight Rayearth 1(GG) was alrealy translatedinto english,http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1617/

looking forward to  fullplayable patch

Bob Liu

• View Profile
Um, the RHDN Project Page link points to a screenshot.

How would I fix that there, I can't seem to edit the post. Oops sorry about that, should have checked over it before posting.

Thx for sharing.

I'm wonder about  the matter between Magic Knight Rayearth 2 - Making of Magic Knight(GG)

and  this one,which one is much more links to the comic ?
Magic Knight Rayearth 1(GG) was alrealy translatedinto english,http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1617/

looking forward to  fullplayable patch

I have collected the entire kana and english letters and put them in a table so when my friend translates a bunch of screen caps I took then I'll create a project page.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1617/
This game was partially translated and isn't fully finished, im unsure of how much they did out of 100% but I'll translate that when I get around to it. Thanks for your interest.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:45:22 pm by Bob Liu »

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
How would I fix that there, I can't seem to edit the post. Oops sorry about that, should have checked over it before posting.

Go to the News section and submit and edit for your News Article.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

ascii256

I look at those screenshots and I get a sentimental feeling thinking back to my early teens playing the legend/saga games.

Lilinda

• View Profile
Christ I can't believe I didn't catch that SORRY FOLKS MY BAD
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

aqualung

• View Profile
I look at those screenshots and I get a sentimental feeling thinking back to my early teens playing the legend/saga games.

Same here. Oh, the feels T^T

Loking forward to playing this game when the translation is completed ^^
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:34:02 am by aqualung »

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
I've played around with the MKR games (not the sequels) for both the GG and GB. The GB game has all of its scripting and event code embedded with the text and is in general a pain in the ass to work with. I put that project on hold until I could figure out how to recompile the data.

I was planning to start up the GG translation with filler again and compiled a bunch of notes so someone could extract the script. IIRC I sent it last spring, but that someone never did anything with it.

Bob Liu

• View Profile
I've played around with the MKR games (not the sequels) for both the GG and GB. The GB game has all of its scripting and event code embedded with the text and is in general a pain in the ass to work with. I put that project on hold until I could figure out how to recompile the data.

I was planning to start up the GG translation with filler again and compiled a bunch of notes so someone could extract the script. IIRC I sent it last spring, but that someone never did anything with it.

I actually found it quite easy to work with but then again I was editing the hex's directly from the rom and not separating the scripts out, I don't know how to use the text pointers or command prompt so I never bothered and just tried to fit in what I could. Anyhow how much of the game did you manage to translate before stopping.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
The GG game was translated years before IIRC.

TimeSpaceMage

• View Profile
Wow, never heard of this game. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was a mod of Final Fantasy Legend 3 though... how'd they get away with that?

*googles*
(Tomy owns Zoids? My ex was totally into those...)
Tinker: "You're going to go where no one has gone before!"
Hero: "We've actually been there before."
Tinker: "Oh. Well, you've never been shot out of a turret, with only a minimal chance of survival!"
Hero: "That's true."

Bob Liu

• View Profile
The GG game was translated years before IIRC.

Well not fully as you guys said in it's description.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
I had nothing to do with that old translation. The only thing that means is that the hacker failed to insert the complete translation back into the game.  As far as I'm aware filler translated the entire script years ago, it was just never inserted back into the game.

Bob Liu

• View Profile
My bad, just thought since you were talking about it that you worked on it. I remember now that they mentioned that if anyone gets by that boss to give them the save state so they could continue.

It says:
"Unfortunately disaster struck in July of 2010 when David’s hard drive died."

"He rose to the challenge and redid some of his work."

But is that some work this 0.9 it says in the translations patch version or is it only part of the game and not nearly done. Im kinda confused at this because after I finish the making of magic knight and missing colors I will do the rest of the games and I need to know if some or nearly all of the game is translated as that info would help me prepare. I messaged filler before but got no response but I'll try again.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1617/

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Wow, never heard of this game. If I didn't know any better I'd think it was a mod of Final Fantasy Legend 3 though... how'd they get away with that?

*googles*
(Tomy owns Zoids? My ex was totally into those...)

I once tried to play some Japanese cooking-quiz-RPG with graphics that really looked like they were taken from FFL/SaGa.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018