News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 6453 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:12 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:36:41 am »
Someone WANTS poison to do 25% damage a turn? I HATED THAT in FFX! (and of course it only does like 2% to enemies) >:(
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:39:37 am »
Bleh, I was thinking the same thing. I don't see how this is a "fix."

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:51:49 am »
That is a bit excessive.  Something more along the lines of 2-5% would be better.  Also, with this patch Regen healing 12.5% is also a bit excessive isn't it?  LOL

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:54:31 am »
Someone WANTS poison to do 25% damage a turn? I HATED THAT in FFX! (and of course it only does like 2% to enemies) >:(
In fact I thought it was okay because of the lack of ATB, you had all the time to think, analyse the situation, and cure yous buddy as soon as possible. With old FFs, you often didn't bother to cure before the end of a non-boss fight, but in FFX you have to.

And I remember poisoning some bosses could really make your life easier ! (don't know if it did 2% or what, but it did help)

HatZen08

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:46 am »
You should consider the time of the triggers. Regen, as example, triggers twice for every poison trigger. Unless I miscalculated it, poison and regen triggers null themselves in damage for this actual configuration.

Characters can have the maximum of 9999 hp. However, it is unlike to happen without grinding and  maximum HP boosts by level. Enemies, however, can have nearly 65000 hp (a little more, I don't remember exactly the number). Because the damage/healing is based in maximum hp/mp, the healing/damage for monsters is always higher when compared with characters.

I put the cap of 999 damage/healing to try to balance the damage between characters and monsters. The cap can be easily removed. However, it is likely regen/poison for monsters will do 9999 damage/healing by trigger for enemies with higher HP. Is it acceptable?

It is common to have a character reserved for healing. A Cure 3 spell can easily heal almost all HP instantly. Regen and poison will take many turns and it is unlikely they will trigger more than once by turn, with few exceptions. Regen can't compete against Cure 3 in usefulness if the HP healing of regen is low.

I don't know where the time of the triggers is set and I can't change them. However, I can easily change the amount of damage/healing, as long as it is X/16 of maximum HP or MP. Seizure and phantasm will share the same amount, however, because of technical restrictions.

I am open to suggestions for a eventual patch update, if the arguments are valid.

NOTE: I like the fact that stamina isn't used anymore because it raises poison damage in the original game. If you raise stamina with espers, it won't hurt you now. :-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:10:07 am by HatZen08 »

B.B.Link

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »
Where is the Sword in the Zelda "New Awakening" hack? Don't tell me I have to walk through half the game without one  :(.........

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 03:13:14 pm »
Based on this review, it sounds like that is exactly the case.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 07:56:27 pm »
My brother's been playing that Link's Awakening hack, and it does seem to be the case. I also hear him constantly die or else be on low hearts. It seems like a pretty standard first-timer hack with a lot of amateurish mistakes/ideas of what "good" stuff is.

B.B.Link

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:50:10 pm »
Thanks for the heads up guys "throws in the garbage"..........

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 08:23:19 am »
The readme says it was made in two weeks so there is bound to be some polishing to do, especially ones made from beginners. With that in mind, I'd give it a spin when I can. The description is updated.

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 02:13:23 pm »
Thanks for the heads up guys "throws in the garbage"..........
If you're looking for a cool Zelda game to try out, there's a ton of quality fan games out :) Lots of bad ones too, sure, but I'm actually surprised at how many good ones are out there. Maybe check out Zelda Classic and see what games you can find that are highly rated  :beer:

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 12:06:41 am »
If there is a zelda hack that people should be getting excited about its this one on board2!

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308

So many awesome ASM adjustments made to this one! Cant wait till its done  :crazy:

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 06:17:35 pm »
By the time infidelity is done with that hack, I don't think there'll be anything left from the original game.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 05:49:25 pm »
If there is a zelda hack that people should be getting excited about its this one on board2!

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308

So many awesome ASM adjustments made to this one! Cant wait till its done  :crazy:
Wow. Now I'm kind of demotivated to return working on "hacking" this game. :P This stuff puts the original to shame.

katage

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. The player doesn't get the sword in New Awakening right away; you get it in the second level (it's impossible to miss, also). You get extra bombs and powder to compensate, though, and you're not required to face enemies that require the sword until after you get it. The reason I moved the sword (and also the Wand, which you get four dungeons earlier in New Awakening) is so that the powder and bombs would see some use as weapons rather than having the player rely on the sword the entire game. Usually the player just equips the feather and sword and that's all you use for most of the game, which I felt gets boring after a little while. I also tweaked the enemies to favor more variety in weapon use.

Don't throw it in the trash. I didn't take valuable tools away from the player just to make things harder. The other two Link's Awakening hacks also move the sword, for much the same reasons as I did.