News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 4870 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:14 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »
So many! I'm surprised by the continuous flow of translations. This is good.  ;D

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium: 3rd Story (English)(Fully Playable)(PSP)

So there's a dating sim for ladies (where you date guys)? I didn't know. Good to see things get more balanced in this regard!

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:28:18 pm »
So there's a dating sim for ladies (where you date guys)? I didn't know. Good to see things get more balanced in this regard!

There's several of them actually. It's always nice to see things get equal-opportunity.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »
There's several of them actually. It's always nice to see things get equal-opportunity.

I find it interesting that the Girl's Side games are the only ones that have managed to be translated. I wonder if that says anything about how the genre appeals along gender lines?

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:25:03 pm »
That is interesting, now tht you mention it. I guess the whole romance genre just has broader appeal among female audiences.

Bob Liu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »
Guys like romance too, but that game is not for me seeing how I'm a dude. Anyhow it's always good to see games being translated into other languages such as that Resident Evil one into Arabic. Always outs a smile on my face.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:13:23 pm »
999 into Spanish makes me happy. Frustrating that a game that interesting was so niche; so big kudos to those involved with that.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:04 am »
Very pleased to finally have a place to express my appreciation of the 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong translation, which was uploaded a month ago but only got a thread now. For one thing, I think it singlehandedly means that all the Famicom releases from 1984 are completely localized/translated/playable in English.

I believe it was also the third-oldest untranslated game in the Famicom library, as the only ones from 1983 are another mahjong game and a gomoku game (unless you count the bilingual Popeye language learning game). So it's a real milestone, especially for those of us who are interested in playing through or following the early history of the NES/Famicom à la Chrontendo.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 09:13:02 am »
Even the ultra-rare HK version of Mahjong apparently translated the manual to English but left the game in Japanese.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018