News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Akumajou Densetsu Projects: Resurrection of Darkness and Vengeance on Hell 2  (Read 30023 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
I say go for it and continue with mine.
Adding them to the credits alongside with me should be enough.
Something like:"Original Work - Original Akumajou Densetsu English translation" for theirs.

Also, I'm a native spanish speaker, I could lend a hand down the road for that one if you wish.

Sinis

• View Profile
I could go with that route then and hope they aren't cross about it :)

Sounds good then :)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

Sinis

• View Profile
Been sitting on this decision for a while now.  Been talking it over with nesfan after talking to Bregalad and snarfblam.  For Legends NES I'd like to have that converted over to the N163 sound engine format.  I know what you all are thinking. "Oh gosh, another move?  Is it going to be pushed back more??" Yes it is. I want to take as long as possible on Legends NES since there will be extra programming involved especially with new moves and such for it.  I know looking for a programmer to do this will be extremely difficult to do as it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Why the move to N163?  Because its there and its possible.  Right now nesfan will be focusing on the VRC6 stuff unless he wants to go on with N163 6 channel stuff.

I understand that the ROM itself may not have so-and-so stuff for it but programming it in, whoever does it, will have all the time in the world to do this.  They just have to be very familiar with mappers and the likes for it to actually happen.  Could always find a sound engine that utilizes this and port it over though it all depends on what the programmer will want to do.

Am I reaching for a pipe dream?  Doesn't feel like it.  I've seen the impossible become possible on this website by talented programmers and not afraid to ask around for it when the time comes.  Was just holding onto the idea until I got more information.  Not an easy task to undertake but something I'd like to happen towards Legends NES.  Everything will have to be done by scratch since it will be a full on sound engine conversion.  Again, I'm not worried about putting this on a cartridge so can expand to whatever size necessary with hopes of not have to rely on a single custom or its own type of emulator just to run it :)

As for VoH 2, that will remain VRC6.

I know people will step forward and say I should just stick to VRC6 however this is something I want to aim for and with the help of whoever wants to step up and take on this massive task it will be deeply appreciated.  This will most likely be the only project I'll ever do this to :)

In time I will post up more stuff for Legends NES as I went back to tweak up some things.  Never knew I'd be putting this  much love and attention into the Clock Tower lol :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Another Chiptune change,oh well XD anyways good luck with the Clock Tower stage for Legends Nes :)

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2017, 12:41:31 pm »
Just letting everyone know that the N163 idea is going to be messed with.  Finding out of how possible it is made me happy however punching in the numbers may take up more room than necessary so experimentation right now in what to have.  You all know I jump the gun on things but if worst case scenario happens we'll just stick to VRC6.  Might have to go that route of how things may be looking in order to save room and keep ideas that I want.  Learn as one goes along so such is life.  Plans always change :)

Sephirous

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2017, 07:33:10 pm »
If you need to expand the Rom for more code room, I can do that if you want as I did it to Cadence Of Agony.

Give the programmer about 256Kb of code room near the end of the Rom.  :thumbsup:
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2017, 07:34:46 pm »
Sounds interesting :) also still waiting for more CoA goodies to get me hyped for the game,gah I really need to play it! X3

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2017, 08:46:31 pm »
If you need to expand the Rom for more code room, I can do that if you want as I did it to Cadence Of Agony.

Give the programmer about 256Kb of code room near the end of the Rom.  :thumbsup:

To save time and hours of pain I'm going to just stick with N163 and leave one future project that I have saved back for that idea.  I'll let you know of those plans later on down the road :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2017, 08:58:38 pm »
Hmmm I wonder how the soundtrack to Legends Nes will sound like with that chip?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2017, 09:32:07 pm »

To save time and hours of pain I'm going to just stick with VRC6 and leave one future project that I have saved back for that idea.  I'll let you know of those plans later on down the road :)

Making adjustments to this comment.  Made an error typing it.  I'm freaking tired and almost dead to the world  :P

Sticking with VRC6 so it will be easier on everything.  My apologies on that.  Was thinking VRC6 but typed N163 instead.  Gonna disappear for the rest of the night before I make another mistake.  Super long day lol :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2017, 09:48:52 pm »
LoL alright there Sinis,I hope you rest easy? :)

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2017, 02:50:51 pm »
No rest this week, only sweat and work lol.

Final decision for Legends NES, I am keeping it VRC6 to save back on extra work.  I know things can be extended however no need to add anything extra to the pile besides I'm a sucker for VRC6 anyways  :P

For now, I shall disappear again for the rest of the day.  Of how things are going it might be a couple of weeks until I can work on Legends NES, MetroidVania and anything remotely CoA.  Got a lot of stuff to work on that was just brought to my attention besides my driveway and privacy fence.  Such is life  :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »
LoL glad to hear that the VRC6 chip is still being used for Legends Nes's soundtrack,also I wish you luck in your work Sinis and don't try to push yourself too hard? :)

I Hope to see more stuff soon later this week or next week. XD
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 04:49:43 pm by DavidtheIdeaMan »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »
Found some teeny, tiny time today to work on Legends NES.  Getting things sorted out however still far from done on remotely working on anything throughout the day  :P

Second half of Stage 2.  Finally working things out.  Using some of the blocks from the actual Legends GB game to see how it looks.  May or may not keep it, dunno yet.  Still gotta decide on what background to go with as I'm trying to make this level feel like the cave area in the GameBoy game.

Another room.  The moving platforms need to be adjusted around a bit.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2017, 07:44:03 pm »
It's looking rather nice Sinis,I hope you get a chance to work on it more along with CoA or is Optomon doing that still?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:30 pm »
He's doing CoA.  That will take time to do all the stuff for it.  Need to talk to him sometime when he's got some free time on  his hands.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2017, 07:58:56 pm »
Ah okay then,I hope he's doing an okay job in putting everything together with the game itself?

Sinis

• View Profile
Ah okay then,I hope he's doing an okay job in putting everything together with the game itself?

The gentleman knows on what he's doing so Sephirous and me aren't worried at all :)

On a side note, after Halloween has gone I'll start working on Legends NES full time again with MetroidVania in the evening hours.  Writing down ideas for VoH 2 so kinda working on that as well :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Well I hope he gets it done before 2018 hits?

Heh heh,nice to hear this piece of news,Sinis and also Im glad you are going to work on Nes Legends more often now and Im curious to know what are your ideas for VoH II are? 

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 02, 2017, 04:03:28 pm »
Well, a small update on Legends NES and its not too pretty.

Thanks to some idiot out there I'm gonna have to rename Legends NES into something else however I plan on keeping Legends within the title so the theme can still be there.  I'm able to keep all of my stuff up on YouTube however certain ones I'll need to rename.  With that being said I'm going to talk to Sephirous on what he thinks on moving my Sonia Belmont and the events around her into the universe where the Cadence of Agony reboot resides in.  The story I did have will have to be trashed in order to accommodate the new.

I expected drama when I started my stuff which is no big deal but the only thing I'm sour about is I have to redo the story as I had something great going.  This won't effect the levels in any way though when I do get to designing more of them I'll have to adjust them around to the new time period.  I'm going to keep this thread titled the same for now until otherwise.

Such is life :)