News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Akumajou Densetsu Hacks: Vengeance on Hell 2 and Castlevania Legends NES  (Read 16044 times)

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 3 Hacks: Vengeance on Hell 2 and Castlevania Legends NES
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2017, 06:18:03 pm »
Thanks Googie!  There should be more sometime very soon for Legends NES though have to see on which ones to decide on posting first or wait until the next batch of music to be released.  Might be a bit because there are two specific tracks that I want to share before sealing the door on the music for Legends NES until its released.  Also depends if I can find a programmer, or two, that is more than willing to join me in both of these projects to get things done.  I have a few people in mind that I want to ask but know they have projects themselves so I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs patiently waiting for them to get done for me to properly ask them.  I'm also open for someone that knows on what they are doing wants to volunteer in all of this because next month in June I'm definitely starting back up VoH II and starting on Legends NES so later this year I will be needing a programmer to help me finish these two though Legends NES may take longer as there are quite a few things that I want to overhaul, add and manipulate within the ROM itself :)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2017, 06:39:55 pm »
Alright hearing this from you Sinis has got my interest even more,I can't wait to see on what you do with both games but first you have to finish your end with CoA first of course.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:46 pm »
Alright hearing this from you Sinis has got my interest even more,I can't wait to see on what you do with both games but first you have to finish your end with CoA first of course.

Don't worry about my actions.  Things are moving forward on my end :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2017, 07:02:45 pm »
Alright,glad to hear that. :)

TheLuigiLightning

• ROM hacking; it's like rearranging classical music
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:40 pm »
Would it be possible for you to make it so that your health scrolls when you gain, or lose health.  That was a nice little detail that they had in CV1, and I don't know why they took it out in 3?
I am Luigi Lightning.  (You can just call me Luigi, though).
Some say my name is Luigi Lightning.  Others say I am a Lightning Luigi.  Some also say I am Luigi's Lightning.  Some even say I am some prodigy; The Luigi Lightning... guys, it's just a title.  You were correct the first time.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
Would it be possible for you to make it so that your health scrolls when you gain, or lose health.  That was a nice little detail that they had in CV1, and I don't know why they took it out in 3?

In all honesty, I'm not sure as to why they left it out.  Probably due to the fact that Castlevania 3 was rushed out is my only guess.  Hell, just recently Sephirous found an entire unused level within the game itself so he's still exploring that while also seeing what other secrets lay in the programming.  Who knows on what else they left out and didn't program in.

If I can find a programmer I'll ask them to implement both the scrolling health bar and extra level in to both VoH II and Legends NES :)

PachaWillWatchYa

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2017, 12:37:01 pm »
Actually from what I understood it wasn't an unused level per se, rather he found graphics used in that picture in CoA ROM. Don't take my word for it though, ask him instead.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2017, 03:03:23 pm »
Reread the thread and caught my error on mistaking it as a level.  My bad and thanks for the correction :)

PachaWillWatchYa

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2017, 03:43:03 pm »
Haha, no probs, I often have to reread things in english a few times to understand it completely.
I'm not familiar with all that many idioms and phrases so I try to make them up from the context.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2017, 05:41:22 pm »

In all honesty, I'm not sure as to why they left it out.  Probably due to the fact that Castlevania 3 was rushed out is my only guess.  Hell, just recently Sephirous found an entire unused level within the game itself so he's still exploring that while also seeing what other secrets lay in the programming.  Who knows on what else they left out and didn't program in.

If I can find a programmer I'll ask them to implement both the scrolling health bar and extra level in to both VoH II and Legends NES :)

That would be amazing.
Some say my name is Luigi Lightning.  Others say I am a Lightning Luigi.  Some also say I am Luigi's Lightning.  Some even say I am some prodigy; The Luigi Lightning... guys, it's just a title.  You were correct the first time.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2017, 02:41:18 pm »
Can't wait to see more on this hack, I should give CV3 a spin to see what levels I can make. :)
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2017, 03:16:04 pm »
Can't wait to see more on this hack, I should give CV3 a spin to see what levels I can make. :)

Of how things are going, I might actually be working on my projects almost full time next month as some things changed unexpectedly.  Its nothing bad just how life goes  :D

All I suggest is be patient with Castlevania 3 when you are editing everything.  Tons of stuff to it but very rewarding in the end when everything is put together.  Lots of trial and error for every sprite to make all the animations blend together since parts are 'cut' oddly to make things fit like Frankenstein's Monster for example.  That took a bit to do due to pieces here and there but was very rewarding in the end once everything was placed together :)

Thought I was going to do only 3 projects to Castlevania 3 (CoA and these two) but got some ideas for 2 more though I'll probably do those once I visit some other projects first after these two :)

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2017, 04:42:32 pm »
That's a lot of projects to be taking on.  Don't overwhelm yourself.  The more you talk about publicly, the more you promise things, and the more likely you are to crash and burn out.  There's no rush, and work at your own pace.  It's the only pace you can productively work at in comfort, and looking too far forward can cause nothing to end up being produced.  Finish this project first.  You've already hit many bumps in the road, and I really want to see this hack finished.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »
That's a lot of projects to be taking on.  Don't overwhelm yourself.  The more you talk about publicly, the more you promise things, and the more likely you are to crash and burn out.  There's no rush, and work at your own pace.  It's the only pace you can productively work at in comfort, and looking too far forward can cause nothing to end up being produced.  Finish this project first.  You've already hit many bumps in the road, and I really want to see this hack finished.

Trust me, you don't  need to worry about a thing.  These other projects that I have ideas about are a few years off anyway or at least once I get done with VoH II and Legends NES.  CoA and PoL were something I decided to help out with and I really did want to get my hands into CoA as I planned on eventually picking that up though Sephirous beat me to it lol.  The guy for PoL was very polite about presenting PoL to me and it was just small stuff though I regret on dragging that out this long since real life constantly got in the way and sad to admit that I did focus on CoA more from self interest which I did apologize to him about.  Speaking about PoL, if things go right and how much left I have with CoA my stuff with both should be about done in 3 weeks or less.  My weekend will be busy so not much work will be done on anything sadly.

Once I am done with CoA and PoL I will be back into these projects.  If someone asks for help on whatever Castlevania 3 project I'll give them pointers as I will most likely not sprite for anyone else for a while as I want to work on my own things so I can get them done and (start the drinking game if you are reading this) find a dedicated programmer to alter stuff for me :)

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 12:04:54 pm »
Can't wait to see more progress on this hack, gotta have patience...  :crazy:
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 01:32:49 pm »
On the second week of June I will be back onto my stuff as I'm almost done with my things for both CoA and PoL :)

Also on a side note, if anyone is interested I posted up another reference track for Legends NES that was kindly made by nesfan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7Dd9bRqdc

Just waiting for one more specific track to be completed to post up then after that I will be closing the doors on sharing anything relating to the music for Legends NES until its 100% complete and released :)

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:42 am »
To update everyone on the current status on both VoH II and Legends NES, I am halting these projects on the U.S version of Castlevania 3 and moving both to the Japanese counterpart, Akumajou Densetsu.  I have talked with nesfan about this move and he is going to remake everything that he's put together for both projects into VRC6 reference tracks.  He has all the time in the world to work on these as there is no rush in completing anything.  Everything that I have done for VoH II and even some on Legends NES will be copied over however the level layouts for VoH II will be altered to what people have seen in my YouTube posts.  When the time comes I will post new videos of level progress, reference music made by nesfan and other things around these two projects.

Translation.  Once everything is absolutely done with levels and programming I'll ask around for translators that want to hop on board to put both games in English, German and Spanish.  Japanese, which I do not know, would need to be redone to match that of the stories on both games.  Of course, English is the main focus however the others will come later.  I know that I can ask someone for permission about using their translation project as a template but I want to do this all from scratch :)

In all of this, sadly I'm still searching for a programmer that is wanting to tag along that knows the insides and out of assembly.  In the coming month I am going to begin my attempt at studying assembly and 6502 along with whatever else is needed so he or she won't be alone nor everything put onto them in these projects as I will be sharing the load as well once the programming parts come around.  I've asked around for such help but people are busy with their own stuff so I'm going to take the bull by the horns and try to get over my learning curve and see if I can learn such things.  Sephirous has kindly agreed to help me out with certain things down the road as well which are similar factors he has done and wants to introduce to CoA.  I'll post up ideas and sprites based on such ideas to what I'd like to aim for.

For now, that is about all I will update on as it is very late here and since seeing of how things are moving in my direction in real life (unexpectedly again) I'll be working on these sooner than what I thought :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Well well,this sounds very interesting,Im surprised that you have just about everything done on VoHII as well as CV Legends Nes but switching it to the jap version of CVIII sounds an awesome idea and the soundtrack for both of them will sound ten times better using the VRC6 sound chip,can't wait to hear them,plus I hope you can get a programmer to help you out with your games and also Im sure you can figure out in altering the levels for VoHII. :)

Sinis

• View Profile
I'm far from done on VoH II and Legends NES.  I still have levels to design and enemies to create let alone other concept stuff to throw out.  I'm also redoing the first level of VoH II again to make it more consistent on what I was going for let alone throwing the characters strait into a castle right off the bat.  I'm trying to make things consistent because I want to eventually take out the forks in the game and make the levels back to back on both projects let alone look into replacing the password system with a save state in which I'll have to find someone for that but right now my main focus is restructuring VoH II onto the Japanese ROM.  Least I can have two reVamps going so just have to copy on what I have done on the U.S version over to the Japanese one.  Time consuming but well worth it :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Oh my bad then,but still I can't wait to see more stuff on the both of them,I bet it'll take ya two years at least to finish them. XD