News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Akumajou Densetsu Projects: Resurrection of Darkness and Vengeance on Hell 2  (Read 28056 times)

TheLuigiLightning

• ROM hacking; it's like rearranging classical music
    • View Profile
Re: Castlevania 3 Hack: Vengeance on Hell 2
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 01:20:58 pm »
Do you plan on making this hack harder than Castlevania III?  In order for me to feel like hacks are worth while, they need to be harder than the source material.  But just slightly harder.  When in doubt, always resort to quality over difficulty, making little things here and there be harder without taking anything away from the fairness factor.  To be honest, this actually applies to the original Castlevania III on the Alucard path; some of those stages were very poorly designed, and I really don't want to see that in this hack.  The Sypha path was perfect, and it makes Castlevania III my 2nd favourite NES game to Battletoads, but I never play on the Alucard path, because the same kind of love wasn't put into that experience.  Make sure that both paths are well designed, so that people will be inclined to take both paths in any given playthrough.  In Castlevania III, not only do I prefer the Sypha path, but I don't even play the Alucard path anymore, which sucks, because my favourite track in in that path.  I don't want to have the same experience with this hack.  One path is allowed to be harder, but make sure it's because of legitimate reasons.  Also, how many different level tracks will be in the game?  Is the music going to be differently formatted tracks from other games, or is the music going to be completely original?
I am Luigi Lightning.  (You can just call me Luigi, though).
Some say my name is Luigi Lightning.  Others say I am a Lightning Luigi.  Some also say I am Luigi's Lightning.  Some even say I am some prodigy; The Luigi Lightning... guys, it's just a title.  You were correct the first time.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 04:02:27 pm »
Do you plan on making this hack harder than Castlevania III?  In order for me to feel like hacks are worth while, they need to be harder than the source material.  But just slightly harder.  When in doubt, always resort to quality over difficulty, making little things here and there be harder without taking anything away from the fairness factor.  To be honest, this actually applies to the original Castlevania III on the Alucard path; some of those stages were very poorly designed, and I really don't want to see that in this hack.  The Sypha path was perfect, and it makes Castlevania III my 2nd favourite NES game to Battletoads, but I never play on the Alucard path, because the same kind of love wasn't put into that experience.  Make sure that both paths are well designed, so that people will be inclined to take both paths in any given playthrough.  In Castlevania III, not only do I prefer the Sypha path, but I don't even play the Alucard path anymore, which sucks, because my favourite track in in that path.  I don't want to have the same experience with this hack.  One path is allowed to be harder, but make sure it's because of legitimate reasons.  Also, how many different level tracks will be in the game?  Is the music going to be differently formatted tracks from other games, or is the music going to be completely original?

I can safely say that the difficulty will be a bit harder between levels compared to the original but not impossible.  Since there will be only two characters from the start I want to have that option available to people on exploring different paths as most areas will be different.  Sadly some environments may look similar to one another as some places share the same level sprites like for example the Clock Tower shares its same level sprites with Tower of Terror and Final Clock Tower but for Tower of Terror there is no animated sprites to be found there however at the very end it feeds off of a different spot of sprites so I'll have to McGyver it the best I can as I don't want it to be somewhat exact to how Vengeance on Hell was with a town here and a town there but with a town at this spot and then a town at a far end of the map with nothing of the likes in between.  Too early to tell but that is what I want to aim for.

The music I really want to edit before I release the hack because I don't want any versions to be different other than maybe a bug fix here and there.  I was studying and watching the values some time back on how it played out in the emulator's hex window and I'm getting an idea of how it is but not fully yet as I don't know on where the info is properly stored along with how to make the notes long and short.  I honestly don't know on who to ask for help on it and due to my previous blunders about asking about music hacking on my other account openly and to other people, not sure if I want to do that ever again as I made an ass of myself.  Was a bad thing to do on my part and it was a lesson well learned as it won't be repeated.  Back to the point, I have some tracks in mind but I don't want to release that info just yet as I most likely want to bring that info out right at the end when the hack is nice and fresh or just let people find out when they play the hack lol.  I'll mess around with an NSF and see of how different it is from that to the actual ROM.  Was told it has the same area values but that stuff is beyond my head still.  I do have this http://gmvania.blogspot.com/2012/08/bookmark-this-blog-entry-last-update.html to use and its extremely useful from what I saw as it helped me understand things a wee bit more when I quickly browsed through it.  I suggest to copy and paste the info into Microsoft Word or whatever that you have if interested because you never know when this kind of info disappears as how the older websites tend to go these days.
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 06:48:56 pm »
I hope that there's an extremely tense track for stage 2.  It should be something that definitely acknowledges, and even emphasizes its tense feel, but is still somewhat melodic.  That was what Castlevania 1 and 3 specialized in, as well as in 4, but not as much.  Castlevania II was a lot more blunt as well with its musical tone, but definitely still shined with Bloody Tears.

Let me try to give a bit of an example of what I mean.  Here's an example of a downright super tense track, no subtlety whatsoever;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL285D3A10DC288C85&v=o1OrC6utelQ

That's rare to hear in games.  Generally, music in games have the purpose of providing energy to a situation, as well as trying to portray a certain mood.  Castlevania's music were masterpieces at performing this sort of task, and had so many subtleties in them, but I think with stage 2, you should go for something in between; emphasis on tension, but still make it quite melodic.  I can give a couple of good examples;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL285D3A10DC288C85&params=OAFIAVgz&v=IsKpuIhWVg8&mode=NORMAL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=64wMFoVEn08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=URm8S4TlM0M
Some say my name is Luigi Lightning.  Others say I am a Lightning Luigi.  Some also say I am Luigi's Lightning.  Some even say I am some prodigy; The Luigi Lightning... guys, it's just a title.  You were correct the first time.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 08:14:29 pm »
Time will tell when I have the rest of the game made out.  I do want the music to stand out though it just all depends on what I edit for stuff in the environment to have whatever music blend in with it.

For now, no screenshot updates for the ROM hack as I'm replanning some stuff for Level 4 A while beginning to mess around with sprites for Level 4 B though I did find a small bug dealing with Vilheim (Sypha) doing a special attack on the stairs which would lead them to not stop on the platform as intended.  I think its rare because I was only able to do it twice out of a hundred or so times that I tried to replicate it again so not sure of how to correct it if or when it happens again.  The only update I do have is about that sprite sheet.  Can't find where to post it up on this website since it doesn't have a custom sprite section (besides the screenshot area but that's just that, screenshots) so I'll just post it here.

Hope posting this here in my thread isn't breaking the forum rules in any way.  If it is just let me know and I'll delete it lol.

As you can see there is a Trevor, 2 versions of Simon, Hanz, 2 versions of Richter and 2 versions of Sonia.  Haven't really seen any Sonia 8 bit sprites floating around so guess these can be added as a first?  Eh, I don't really care honestly lol.  The SotN Richter was kind of inspired by Optomon's Cadence of Agony Richter.  I didn't have plans on making the SotN version at first until a friend said why not do it and so I did lol.  It could be better but felt this was good enough for the time being and I do hope someone can make a better version since I have an odd style of doing stuff.  In the end, they all could use some work I know but did these in my own odd style.  If you don't like how they are designed just take them and do whatever you like at your leisure on what you want to design for your ROM hack or whatever freeware game you want to use these as a base for.  Don't need to reference me at all as I didn't put my name on it.

Don't think I'm going to make character sprites for the first Castlevania just yet as I haven't even looked at its YYCHR to get a base and to see how big of an area it is for said sprites to fit properly in to.  I think these might fit into Castlevania 2 but haven't checked yet though they will definitely fit into Castlevania 3's Trevor base area without problems.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 04:19:52 am »
That looks very, very good. The Hanz one maybe lil bit too much of the red color but it's just normal.
Come with me if you want to live.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:35 am »
That looks very, very good. The Hanz one maybe lil bit too much of the red color but it's just normal.

Thanks and for Hanz, I now its kinda red but felt that was a decent outline to use.  Might have been too much but people can edit it to how they want it.

Sorry for no updates on the ROM hack, been busy with stuff and I'm kinda sick.  However I do have a video to share due to people that were curious on how the remade Clock Tower looked like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4Voq1FEHA&feature=youtu.be

I'm hoping that next week I'll return to working on this hack once again though life is more important right now.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2016, 11:49:26 am »
Hey dude.  I watched the video, and here is my current concern; when the game was in motion, the whole scene didn't look nearly as smooth as I imagined it.  But, with that being said, I did feel like it could have been due to not the best quality video capture.  What program did you use, and how good was the quality, if I may ask?  Also, if you feel comfortable doing so, could you release a bit of a demo to check out the levels so far?  I wanted to take a look at it for myself, and my computer has a very good graphics card, so I will definitely be able to tell if it was just a matter of the video quality, or if it should be cleaned up a little bit.  Fortunately, I have some good news; I'm... pretty sure it was the video quality, because something I noticed was that it wasn't just the level I was seeing that didn't look as smooth; there was also the life bar at the top, and the rest of the stuff on screen.  I could have sworn that in the screenshots, everything looked smoother.  So I'm 65% sure it was just the video, but if you want me to take a look at it for myself, I can definitely do that for you, and I'll give you my personal diagnosis.

Cecil05

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »
Must say this Vengeance of Hell 2 hack looks great.  :thumbsup: I really admire the Sonia sprite. Looks great.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 09:04:20 pm »
Also, one last thing, if I may add, I feel like the lone strand of background fire next to the door at the very beginning is out of place.  Every other instance of fire is fine, but that one has bothered me since you introduced the flames, and now that I've seen the game in motion, that definitely confirms it.  The rest of the fire is fine, but seriously, that background strand right next to the start really doesn't need to be there.  I only try to give input and advice, but I seriously advise that you take that one out, because it honestly looks like filler, and it would look better without it.  Keep the rest of the fire, the rest of it is awesome, but just that one strand of flashing background right at your spawning point shouldn't be there.  It doesn't even have any grounded fire causing it to be there, making it seem even more pointless.  I really don't know any other way to put this besides, "that really needs to go."  Again, I'm here 99.9% of the time to just give input, but I'm telling you, that should not be there.  Still though, it's your choice in the end.  I'm not saying this to be rude, though I do feel like it's coming off that way unintentionally.  I just really, seriously think that one instance should be taken out, and I don't really know how to address that without coming off as dick like this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 10:32:24 am by TheLuigiLightning »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2016, 10:38:47 am »
Hey dude.  I watched the video, and here is my current concern; when the game was in motion, the whole scene didn't look nearly as smooth as I imagined it.  But, with that being said, I did feel like it could have been due to not the best quality video capture.  What program did you use, and how good was the quality, if I may ask?  Also, if you feel comfortable doing so, could you release a bit of a demo to check out the levels so far?  I wanted to take a look at it for myself, and my computer has a very good graphics card, so I will definitely be able to tell if it was just a matter of the video quality, or if it should be cleaned up a little bit.  Fortunately, I have some good news; I'm... pretty sure it was the video quality, because something I noticed was that it wasn't just the level I was seeing that didn't look as smooth; there was also the life bar at the top, and the rest of the stuff on screen.  I could have sworn that in the screenshots, everything looked smoother.  So I'm 65% sure it was just the video, but if you want me to take a look at it for myself, I can definitely do that for you, and I'll give you my personal diagnosis.

Its nothing but the video quality.  The screenshots differ from each other as the ones with the characters in them are from within the game and the ones without are screenshot edits of reVamp on the desktop.  Was too lazy to play the game that day for proper screenshots so settled with those instead.  I'll post up actual gameplay of the remade Mad Forest as people are asking for that which is cool with me.  With all due respect sir, no demo will be released of this game and input is always welcomed so no worries.

Also, one last thing, if I may add, I feel like the lone strand of background fire next to the door at the very beginning is out of place.  Every other instance of fire is fine, but that one has bothered me since you introduced the flames, and now that I've seen the game in motion, that definitely confirms it.  The rest of the fire is fine, but seriously, that background strand right next to the start really doesn't need to be there.  I only try to give input and advice, but I seriously advise that you take that one out, because it honestly looks like filler, and it would look better without it.  Keep the rest of the fire, the rest of it is awesome, but just that one strand of flashing background right at your spawning point shouldn't be there.  It doesn't even have any grounded fire causing it to be there, making it seem even more pointless.  I really don't know any other way to put this besides, "that really needs to go."  Again, I'm here 99.9% of the time to just give input, but I'm telling you, that should not be there.  Still though, it's your choice in the end.

That spot was on purpose to show one side of the building compared to the right lower side that was destroyed by the demons infesting the town.  No filler intended.

Must say this Vengeance of Hell 2 hack looks great.  :thumbsup: I really admire the Sonia sprite. Looks great.

Thanks.  Its been a lot of fun working on it so far.

An actual small update to ROM progress today.  Feeling a bit better so redid some stuff for the Ancient Causeway last night and this morning.

Redid the ground level a bit more.

Screenshots showing more towards the end on where the player is coming upon the demonic tower area.  Yeah...not much I can do with Tower of Terror since it shares the same sprites as the Clock Tower level but I'll work around that limitation and bring out something once I get the Deadly Marsh area done which will most likely utilize the swamp water mechanic to represent those hazard areas from Vengeance on Hell.

The Demonic Tower area is not done as you can see.  I'm trying to decide on what design to give it.  I'll be figuring something out over the weekend.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »
I am so happy right now.  For the first time in my life, I have successfully managed to do a playthrough of Castlevania III without dying a single time.  About a year ago, I managed a 1 death playthrough, and it seemed like I was never going to manage to uplift that one death, but I decided to pick the game up again this week, and on Friday, I did it!  I have no plans to do a no deaths run for the Alucard path though.  They really showed a lot of love for the Syfa path, which makes Castlevania III my second favourite NES game of all time to Battletoads, but it's too bad they didn't show the same kind of love for the Alucard path.  It's just not as well designed.  (Sinis, I'm counting on you to make both paths just as well designed in your hack!  It honestly kills me that Castlevania III suffers from not having both paths well designed, and if you are able to give both paths the amazing treatment that this hack is getting in general, I just might like this hack even more than Castlevania III.  But just remember, that's a high standard.  I love, love, love Castlevania III, and I really hope you live up to that love that I have for the game).

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2016, 12:53:25 pm »
I am so happy right now.  For the first time in my life, I have successfully managed to do a playthrough of Castlevania III without dying a single time.  About a year ago, I managed a 1 death playthrough, and it seemed like I was never going to manage to uplift that one death, but I decided to pick the game up again this week, and on Friday, I did it!  I have no plans to do a no deaths run for the Alucard path though.  They really showed a lot of love for the Syfa path, which makes Castlevania III my second favourite NES game of all time to Battletoads, but it's too bad they didn't show the same kind of love for the Alucard path.  It's just not as well designed.  (Sinis, I'm counting on you to make both paths just as well designed in your hack!  It honestly kills me that Castlevania III suffers from not having both paths well designed, and if you are able to give both paths the amazing treatment that this hack is getting in general, I just might like this hack even more than Castlevania III.  But just remember, that's a high standard.  I love, love, love Castlevania III, and I really hope you live up to that love that I have for the game).

Well, I'm gonna try my best to design the game levels specifically around both Aleysia and Vilheim while also bringing out the atmosphere of these levels.  Some areas will be easy compared to others that will offer a challenge factor while still looking nice to the eye.  So far I have 3/4 of the game brainstormed up though haven't worked on their sprites just yet.  Still bugs me that some levels rely on sprites from other previous ones but it is of what it is.

By the way, new video is up showing the Rolling Hills Cemetery area.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGmvG7OMMA&feature=youtu.be

I'm gonna go back to this level and redesign the treeline so it would be less paper cutout like.  I'll admit that I dropped the ball on that but I'll correct it.

One thing to add about the game play.  Aleysia's chain whip idea which I got from Aria of Sorrow's chain whip will be remade to something else which utilizes the original attack sprites that I made for her.  Felt that the current chain whip was still too Belmont-ish and lazy on my part so I'm gonna remake her weapon attack sprites.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:01 pm »
Okay, so I watched the video a couple of times.  Here's my traditional constructive criticism; I'm very happy to see that this is looking challenging, to say the very least.  However, the enemy usage could use some work.  Here's what I noticed; there were two sections in the stage with a whole bunch of those jellyfish like enemies, along with the spiders that come from the top of the screen.  Regarding the jellyfish, there are way too many of them.  I thought that they were tedious enough to kill and move forward from in the original game, and you only had to deal with them on one screen.  At least there aren't too many pits to fall in in those sections, especially considering the spiders are also there, which, if there were a lot of pits, I would probably have to hunt you down out of anger, because both the jellyfish and spiders knocked me into pits so much in the original game, and I'm not going to take well to that sort anger again, just welcoming it from my doorstep, into my house, if you will.  But other than that, those two sections are kind of repetitive.  The only enemies you see in those sections are the spiders and jellyfish.  Why not try putting skull statues, or those skeletons that swing swords?  You should especially consider utilizing those owl enemies there, because I think I only saw one owl in the entire stage.  It would make those sections a lot more interesting.  But the thing that would make the owls interesting in those sections is that you may not necessarily have an opportunity to kill them as they spawn, making your timing to hit all the more critical.  Some things you should consider, because a lot of the enemies seem to me like they were placed for the sake of putting enemies on screen, as opposed to having clever level design in mind.  One thing I really liked though, was how you jumped down to one platform, and had to time it carefully to take out that sword-welding skeleton before it knocked you off.  That's clever, and also interesting level design.  It would be a good idea to do something similar with a skull statue somewhere.  Whatever you do though, absolutely do not place spiders to come down where stairs are.  That was a terrible design choice in the original game on level 7 in the Alucard path.  If you do that, we will have a problem... are we clear...?  Good.  Overall, I feel like this level still needs a lot of work.  I see the way the platforms are placed, and there's definitely potential for much more interesting enemy placement.  And as for the Ancient Causeway at the end... no need to change the music there.  It's perfect.  The most fitting track you could ever ask for.  Doesn't that bright blue sky go so well in synchronization with the uplifting, mellow, and peaceful tone of the Haunted Ship music?

If I could also give some comments about the Sieged Tower, I think there should be more enemies there.  That's all I really have to say on that matter.  The Ancient Causeway, from what little I saw from it, looked great.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:21:26 pm by TheLuigiLightning »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2016, 03:20:42 pm »
Whatever you do though, absolutely do not place spiders to come down where stairs are.  That was a terrible design choice in the original game on level 7 in the Alucard path.  If you do that, we will have a problem... are we clear...?  Good.

I can understand the frustration about such things.  Going up the stairs is the problem about spiders as it literally kills time unless using Alucard with his 3rd power up ability kills them easier but with Trevor alone without an axe can be a problem.  Now going down the stairs while spiders are around is a different story.

For the rest that you are talking about, sadly I cannot throw tons of other enemies into that area as that is not how reVamp allows it.  Sure I can do this or that but enemies rely on a certain feed address (something like that I think) which only allows certain sprites to be in that area.  Lets say about the first room with the balloon pods for example, if I were to put Axe Knights and a lot of other stuff in there the sprites that they normally use will rely to what is banked to that room for its animations.  I'm sure there is a way to bypass that but I'm not skilled enough to do such a task as I'm heavily relying upon reVamp for what it allows.  I'm afraid if things go too far the ROM may become corrupt and lock up or become buggy as all heck.  I'm speaking about all of this on an amateur viewpoint so if someone knows the wiser then please let me know.  For now, I'm doing on what reVamp allows.  I could experiment and see in time but I can't promise much.

Music talk once again lol.  Don't forget that I am still changing the music in the future to this hack once I learn how to.  The ROM right now has the stock music with nothing changed to it yet.  I have a list made out to what I want to implement since the rest of the game is somewhat thought out.  Just need to get that far.  Remember, I'm not releasing this hack until the music is edited in because I'm not doing version this or that unless it is a bug fix of some sort.  Once the levels and the rest of the sprites are edited then comes the programming with text AND music editing in tow though text editing will be a priority first before music once that point in time is reached.

Trust me, I want this hack to stand out.  Sure its not going to be the best as this is all amateur work that I'm doing and I'm perfectly fine with that.  The only thing that I do care about is hoping to give it a decent replay value or least hope so for others to enjoy.  Maybe I'll have some decent ideas in this for others to utilize in their stuff and then I might not.  In the end, it just all depends on who fancies what.  For now, I'm having fun making this hack and do look forward to making more in the future.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2016, 09:31:35 am »
I really hate to update my project like this with nothing proper to show.

This hack is on hold until further notice.  Why?  My new PC burnt up last night with all of my stuff with it.  Luckily I did have the ROM saved back onto a flash drive so nothing important was lost.

Please take notice.  This hack is not cancelled in any way, shape or form but just on hold and until I can figure out on how to get money for a brand new gaming PC and for a new Photoshop CD.  I really don't want to do stuff on this office PC because its just a simple machine and I don't want to put it through anything because it can barely play any sort of ROM on it due to its age lol.

So yeah.  That's the gist of things right now.

TheLuigiLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2016, 11:49:58 am »
You seem to be having a lot of bad luck with this project man.  I feel for you because last year, I went through a ton of PCs.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2017, 02:59:46 pm »
Necro bumping my own thread up as I'm updating it :)

This project isn't dead, I'm just working on Cadence of Agony sprites for Sephirous as everyone has seen lol.

The update to VoH II is that I'm going to make it open to everyone that nesfan has officially joined this project to compose music in FamiTracker.  I hope to get a music list to him on Sunday or Monday to work on whenever he pleases to as I want him to have all the time in the world to work on it as its going to be a hell of a big list.  Once he's all done with that I'll search around for someone  to program it in along with someone else that is willing to do some slight changes to some character programming as well like in depth game balances, bug fixes that were found in the original Castlevania 3 ROM, new weapon attack animations, new power-up's and a few more that I will reveal later on once my volunteer work with Sephirous has been completed.

I also silently released a video some time back on the remade Ship of Fools level.  It may be old news to some but to others that were watching this thread is new info for them to watch.  It will be called Ancient Collapsed Aquaduct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkqJjFxcoRs

I already have plans to redo some of that level as with level one but right now other stuff comes first  :)

I know this isn't part of VoH II but since it is my own thread I'll update everyone on a topic some time back that started in the CoA Linear Reboot thread.  People have asked me about the Castlevania 3, Castlevania Legends hack of what the update is on that.  I've already started a notebook for ideas to swing around for whoever programmer wants to come aboard with this project as there will be quite a bit of stuff to hopefully implement in.  I'll also begin sprite work on the enemies once I begin reworking the enemy sprites for VoH II so I can be doing both at the same time since I'm getting faster at this as I'm understanding things more with how stuff is jammed in Castlevania 3's sprite areas.  I will go in full detail on what I will be aiming for in that project once my work within CoA is completed.  I will most likely combine the Castlevania Legends project into this thread so I won't be cluttering up the projects area with two threads going.  When I do that I hope people will have the patience and read stuff as I will be going in a lot of detail for my planned road for both VoH II and Legends.

So to answer the question of some people that have asked me here and elsewhere.  Is my Castlevania Legends hack going to be official?  Yes it is :)

For now, I will go back to working on CoA stuff :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:51 pm »
Oh man,not only I have both Cadence of Agony and Vengeance on Hell II to look forward to,but a Castlevania Legends nes rom hack is now official,well Sinis,since that's going to happen,I wonder what interesting plans and & ideas you have for Legends? ;)

Ballz

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2017, 06:43:07 pm »
I approve of this project.

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 3 Hacks: Vengeance on Hell 2 and Castlevania Legends NES
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2017, 02:38:19 am »
I approve of this project.

That's deeply appreciated sir.  Hope you approve of other future updates that I will present in the coming months :)

Castlevania Legends Update: Music Track 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7AQn0LvbNc

Just a small fill in for those that are wanting more Castlevania Legends NES stuff.  Thanks to nesfan he has the first track made....which was about a week ago.  I've been busy with both real life and projects that I am finally able to upload it.  Bloody Tears from the GameBoy made with the tunes found in Castlevania 3 within FamiTracker.  I know its not really hacking but this is pretty much laying the groundwork and tune reference for whoever wants to join me on this project by programming it in.  Things might change slightly once it is implemented into the ROM itself and when that day comes I'll change the video to match that within the ROM.

For normal talk about both projects, I'll supply a list later in the week on what I will be looking to change in VoH II and to implement into NES Legends.  For now, I shall talk to you all later :)