News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Projects: Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2  (Read 41964 times)

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Akumajou Densetsu Projects: Resurrection of Darkness and Vengeance on Hell 2
« Reply #280 on: November 25, 2017, 11:14:33 pm »
Will definitely do what I can :)

Aight, the first boss theme is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT21ViuRV9s

Decided to show off a sprite to a future custom boss that I'm calling the Stone Manticore.  After learning so  much from CoA and Optomon I'm enjoying the freedom that I can have within a certain space.  Sure things will have to be adjusted in time to cope with whatever walls that are hit but never have I expected to be able to go quite far in something like this :)

November 26, 2017, 11:52:54 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Before I start doing other stuff today here's a few sprites I'm working on.  Custom bosses for RoD :)

The Stone Manticore and the previous color set I have which I almost had it a Fire Manticore.  I know there are too many colors for Dracula's head but I know of a cheap trick in the YYCHR to make this happen  ;)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:52:54 am by Sinis »
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Re: Akumajou Densetsu Projects: Resurrection of Darkness and Vengeance on Hell 2
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2017, 05:38:46 pm »
Awesome sprites right here and plus isn't that Dracula sprite from Chronicles?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2017, 07:30:54 pm »
It is from Chronicles, the Arranged version :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »
Aha I knew it :D but seriously it looks fantastic and plus Im wondering on what his two other forms will look like?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2017, 10:00:37 pm »
I'll design those at a later date as they are written down for a reminder.  I never could say this enough.  If I can find someone that knows on what they are doing in reprogramming bosses to how they look and act I can get tons of stuff done let alone add in the extra attacks, music with extra music tracks, new menu, save feature, rope climb function, all stuff like that.  I'm utilizing what room I have made right now for Sonia's extra attacks as the area of Grant, Sypha and Alucard will provide such space for her.

Then there's the translation stuff that I also need to find someone for as there was German, Russian, Spanish, and Japanese (think those were the original) but now I need to find more for Korean, Chinese, Dutch, Brazilian, and French.  I'll ask around for those once the game is at 100% and the English IPS is posted up.  I do have someone for German to translate from English to German but only translation of words and the alphabet.  I looked up the German alphabet and there are 4 extra letters from what I saw with one new as of this year added to their letters from what Wikipedia has jotted down on the German language page.

I got a lot of stuff on my plate which made me push VoH 2 clear to the side so I can finish up RoD's backgrounds, sprites and all that.

At the end of the day, I know all of this stuff will take tons of time and patience to do especially on what I want to do as I want to do stuff that was never really done before in the Castlevania 3 and Akumajou Densetsu hacks section though CoA will be the first on what we have planned.  In time I want to search around for someone that is willing to make a program that can edit RoD like how Castlevania 3's reVamp is because I'd like to have my project be a ground base for anyone in the future use for their hack since I want the rope climb mechanic in it along with other stuff.  True it will be for Akumajou Densetsu however if things go right I want to go back to Castlevania 3 and do a rope mechanic there as well along with custom bosses but that won't be for some time from now, depending on how fast I can get RoD and VoH 2's sprite work done and passed onto a programmer.

I can't say it enough and I'm sure someone has started a drinking game from me saying it too much.  I need a programmer for VRC6 that knows the in's and out's of it along with knowing on how to customize bosses to make them act differently along with their size.  Optomon knows his stuff though he doesn't know VRC6 from what he told me so I need to try and find someone that's just as good as Optomon in taking a boss, copy it, edit it to whatever size and make it do what they please.  I only want to add maybe 4 extra lessers but for bosses, some I want to fully customize into something different while some act different than what they originally were.  This goes for VoH 2 as well as I have similar plans for that project as well....and also hope for someone that can make an editor for CotM like the DSVania Editor as I want to base stuff in that for VoH 3  ;)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2017, 10:07:57 pm »
Heh heh,alright.

Oh wow,it looks like you have quite ALOT on your plate to do,I hope you'll manage to do all of those things and plus a follow to VoH II would be a GREAT idea ;) also I wish there was someone could do a redo of the first one?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2017, 10:15:00 pm »
I was going to ask Ballzysoft in the future to see if I can redo it though that will be after once both RoD and VoH 2's spritework is done as that is my somewhat planned Simon's Quest project.  If he says yes then it will be a go as I'll focus on that 100% but if not then I'll move onward to something else :)

I only told one other person about VoH 3 so this is a surprise announcement for it and still have yet to introduce the new character for VoH 2.  I'll probably do that next weekend as starting tomorrow I'll go back to working on stuff for CoA, BoS and MetroidVania :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2017, 11:30:40 pm »
Ah alright :) heh heh nice,can't wait to see more stuff for CoA :)

bogaabogaa

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »
Hey Sinis it is always nice to scroll through this page. Love your work  :thumbsup: When it comes to translating German you could also use (ae=ä oe=ö ue=ü) if there is no space/time for extra tiles in the ROM.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2017, 07:53:57 pm »
Appreciate the compliment, bogaa :)

If there isn't space then I'm sure any future translator will make the room for it though I will write that down for a future reminder :)

November 28, 2017, 12:41:36 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So decided to work on RoD since I'm making progress on the Zombie Trio for CoD.

Sephirous once told me that there were areas in the prayer scene that were not capable of being edited.  From changing certain sprites around think I found the exact spots that he was talking about.

On the left is my mock-up intro to replace the prayer scene.  Still working things out as nothing is final as I still have to slide stuff around in the YYCHR for things to fit.  On the right is the area with the yellow circles showing the spots that cannot be changed apparently.  The amount of frustration this brings is very irritating.  Whoever joins me for doing the in-depth programming I'll  have to see if they can change this so my mock-up screen can become a reality someday.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:41:36 pm by Sinis »

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2017, 03:16:28 pm »
Wow,nice work so far Sinis,it's looking great! :D

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2017, 03:41:57 pm »
Looks great right now but still need to get past the hurdle of the black areas.  From what Sephirous told me these places can't be edited at all.  Just adding it onto the list for programming fixes :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2017, 03:44:26 pm »
Heh heh,alright then. :)

Also I hope to see some progress on the Fake Zombie Trio for CoA next week. :)

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »
Update time on RoD.  Its not much though I'm showing everyone that stuff is back on for the project right now.

Fixed some stuff in Stage 1.  Gave it a tad bit more environment by adding a mountain range in the background.

I know people are wanting to see Stage 2 completed let alone the beginning works for Stage 3.  Had to go back and make adjustments so things would hopefully feel like they are popping out more.

Other than that, I'll be working on the title screen to input it in and once that is done I'll send the game off to Sephirous so he can fiddle around with the prayer screen while I work around with Stage 2 and 3 sprites :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2017, 03:35:36 pm »
Awesome! Also nice touch up for Stage 1,it looks more better then the last version :)

Also I hope you continue with this,due to the fact that Optomon is busy and all (plus it's nearly the holidays XD) but I know you'll put this game on hold once he gets back to ya. :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:02:30 pm by DavidtheIdeaMan »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 19, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
Thanks like usual Dave :)

Right now I'll be focusing on this until after Jan 11th then all of my focus will be shifted to MetroidVania until Optomon can get back with me.

On a side note.  New track is out for RoD, A Requiem (Game Select) :)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9eGZdkLMI

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2017, 10:08:55 pm »
Heh heh anytime. :)

Awesome,can't wait to see more stuff for the mod,well Im not sure,because I think Optomon is working hard in hopes to finishing Rollie.

Saw it,love it! :D

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 20, 2017, 10:49:56 am »

Awesome,can't wait to see more stuff for the mod,well Im not sure,because I think Optomon is working hard in hopes to finishing Rollie.

If he is working on another project that I can  understand.  Just wish he would take five minutes to respond back to  me so I can get my bearings on what else needs to be done for CoA.  There's no drama at all,  just wish there was more communication because I am the type of person that wants to know everything of what else to do to contribute to a project.  Sitting around waiting at most times really messes with my ADHD shit...

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 20, 2017, 10:53:56 am »
Ah,I see

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2017, 12:34:49 pm »
Just to update everyone.  I stopped working on RoD.  Nothing bad or anything.  Just giving room for Sephirous to finish up on his work for the prayer screen as he's made a breakthrough :)

If anyone remembers from an earlier post of me posting up a screen showing circled areas in the prayer screen that weren't editable, Sephirous got those spots working just fine now.

I know this seems confusing to people as its a garbled mess however this is huge progress.  The areas are now active and can be edited to fit the mock-up screen :)

Later today I'm hoping to get another music track posted up, something I hope gets everyone's attention along with nostalgia  ;)