News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Akumajou Densetsu Projects  (Read 51870 times)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2017, 04:08:11 pm »
Hmmm,I think that sounds like a good idea Sinis. :)

Also whoever started that problem for you,just forget about'em.

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2017, 04:42:28 pm »
I'm not worried about it though just find it as an inconvenience.  Anyway, I'll update something next week as I'll brainstorm something up :)
Castlevania ROM Center on Discord
https://discord.gg/eXDzAyg

Discord: Sinis#4332

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »
Oh,well alright then. :)

Heh heh,okay,I'll be looking forward to the update and best of look with the sprite work for CoA :)

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2017, 01:25:31 am »
I'd just keep things as is and not worry about it.
It's a fan work. You can do it however you want.

Sinis

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 4 and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2017, 09:38:08 am »
I don't wanna test fate too much right now so I'm safely movingly my Sonia Belmont into the universe of Chorus of Mysteries and Cadence of Agony by having it set 100 years after one project by Sephirous that is also set after the events of CoA.

Going to look up some stuff and see on what I can make so the title doesn't sound cliche while still having the theme of Legends in all of it.  I'm open for suggestions while I safely put all of this behind me to move forward as I'm not letting this project die :)

Worked on it some this morning before doing my stuff for CoA :)

The transition part before going up into the cave temple area.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 4 NES and Vengeance on Hell 2 (Akumajou Densetsu Projects)
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2017, 09:56:02 am »
Well well,so your going to make this game into a follow up to CoA huh,I think that's an interesting idea there,Sinis :) Im glad that you are not giving up on this project,keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2017, 10:13:20 am »
Wait so is Legends NES being worked into something else entirely or simply a name change?

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2017, 10:16:00 am »
I think the gameplay and style will remain as it is but the name will be changed. :)

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2017, 10:28:26 am »
Just a name and story change.  The original elements that I have planned for the game will still remain there. 

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »
Castlevania: The Legend of Sonia Belmont seems classy and snazzy to me.

Use if you like. Forget the credit, I spat out words.

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2017, 02:55:26 am »
Well well,so your going to make this game into a follow up to CoA huh,I think that's an interesting idea there,Sinis :) Im glad that you are not giving up on this project,keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

I'm actually working on a third game in the series, This one essentially would come after that.
I'm still doing the investigating part so far, It's going to focus more on the story rather than the game play.
Basically after Armand departs from Richter and returns to town. Armand's next journey begins. I am going to use The Simon's Quest Engine and have a plot where Armand seeks revenge against Death. Now if you think of Simon's Quest you probably can see where I am going with this...Maybe.  ;D
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2017, 09:45:00 am »
Castlevania: The Legend of Sonia Belmont seems classy and snazzy to me.

Use if you like. Forget the credit, I spat out words.
How about Castlevania: Legend of Demon Castle

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2017, 11:06:09 am »
I'm actually working on a third game in the series, This one essentially would come after that.
I'm still doing the investigating part so far, It's going to focus more on the story rather than the game play.
Basically after Armand departs from Richter and returns to town. Armand's next journey begins. I am going to use The Simon's Quest Engine and have a plot where Armand seeks revenge against Death. Now if you think of Simon's Quest you probably can see where I am going with this...Maybe.  ;D

Well weell,Im eager to see this. :)

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2017, 10:39:31 pm »
Got some names figured out however the add poll feature is nowhere to be found for me or is turned off for this thread.  I don't know if its due to this account being merged over with my old one that started the thread or that permission was taken away.  I remember seeing that option available ages ago but not now :P

I'm able to do a new thread with a new poll but nothing to add towards this one.  Times I am very tech challenged lol.

November 05, 2017, 10:49:04 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I see on what the problem is.  Due to whoever merged this account with my old one it still recognizes the account Sinis as a poster and not the owner of the thread even though I can modify the first message and title of this thread to whatever I want.  Probably some sort of bug lol :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:49:04 pm by Sinis »

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2017, 03:47:08 am »
How about Castlevania: Legend of Demon Castle

Or better yet, do it in Japanese, which would be Akumajo Densetsu...! Wow that sounds like the best name for this particular piece of software I've yet heard

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2017, 10:19:50 am »
Lol, the sarcasm is thick  :D

Right now I have five titles to choose from.  Legends of the Dark Dragon, Legends of the Demonic Castle, Legends of the Night, Legends of the Dark Concert and Legends of the Demonic Lords.  I have a poll posted up at another place though not sure if you have to register there or not so not sure if I'll post a link to it or not.  If people are remotely interested in the voting poll just PM me and I'll give you the link that way so it doesn't look like I'm advertising another website via here :)

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:58 am »
Here are a couple titles that popped in my head for laughs.

Castlevania IV - Requiem Of Empathy

Castlevania IV - Legends Of Necrophilia

Castlevania IV - Elegy Of Madness

Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 07, 2017, 12:02:25 pm »

Castlevania IV - Legends Of Necrophilia

My mind went south instantly on that lol  :P

On the poll via the other website, I did check and seems you have to register in order to cast a vote in so I'm not going to link it to anyone.  I did send a PM to one of the moderators on here to see if I can get my account situated for this thread to make an appropriate poll without making a separate thread someplace just to make said poll :)

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:16 pm »
 :(

I don't care for any of those titles.......... mlah. It's your thang, do what ya wanna do...

Sonia = 'wise'
Belmont = 'from the mountainous regions'

Wise people study, and the word 'etude' is both French for 'study' and is a type of musical composition (Rondo, Symphony, Nocturne, Harmony, Aria), so...Castlevania: Etude of the Mountain?

Spoiler:
é·tude

āˈt(y)o͞od/

noun

a short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player.

But go with what you feel like.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »
Those are just throw around titles he placed up.  I have stuff up elsewhere in a poll since I cannot make one on this thread due to some bug when they merged my two accounts together.  On what I have listed is:

Legends of the Dark Dragon (1 vote)
Legends of the Demonic Castle (4 votes)
Legends of the Night
Legends of the Dark Concert
Legends of the Demonic Lords

I got these from suggestions since I still want to keep Legends within the title.  I was going to link the web page for people to vote on it but it looks like an account is required to vote on that website so not going to force anyone into that.  Really am not sure on where to post here for a poll and quite frankly I'm not going to make another thread someplace just for the vote so going to rely on one single thread on another website or until they can get my stuff fixed here then I'll do a poll here as well and combine the numbers in the end from both places to see where everything stands :)