News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Projects: Legends NES and Vengeance on Hell 2  (Read 42064 times)

Sinis

• View Profile
I came close to doing both of those though for Super Castlevania IV it was going to be called Super Castlevania done on Castlevania 3.  Legends NES came out in the end as I felt it could be something way later in the future or for someone else to handle.
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Oh I see,well I hope someone does do a full special remake of both games,like I said a year ago,Im planning to draw out ideas and such and maybe share with them to whoever will do those remakes.

Sinis

• View Profile
Been very busy lately though slow progress is being made.  Still messing with Stage 2, Deborah Cliff Mine.  Its coming along :)

I'm not changing Sonia's look anymore.  Out of all my character sprites I've made she's the only one that's gone through the most changes so this is a final look for her.  No more :)

As for the stage, I have plenty of room left over and hit a creative point so I'll show that off when the video is posted.  Maybe another week or two, depending if real life still has a hold of me along with any future development for CoA and MetroidVania.  I know that I stated about posting up some sprites for the rope climbing in which I'll do that this weekend when I do make some time for it.  Started on it and its halfway done.  When I do want it implemented I'm going for 3 animation frames which extend into four like how the walk cycle does so it feels like an actual person climbing instead of it being mirrored however the attacks will share the same sprites from looking left to right which is fine as that's how Castlevania is anyway.

That's about the gist of things for now :)

maseter

• View Profile
My first thought was "wow i can't wait to play as a skeleton"!

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
I'm sorry if you've already answered this. The thread is massive, but is this going to include those stupid arena pits?

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Nicely done Sinis,it's looking great so far,keep up the great and awesome! :thumbsup:

Sinis

• View Profile
My first thought was "wow i can't wait to play as a skeleton"!

Lol.  Could always do a Skel's Revenge Part 2 for the heck of it though I'd have to ask the original creator for permission first ;)

I'm sorry if you've already answered this. The thread is massive, but is this going to include those stupid arena pits?

Its all good and nah.  I'm  not including those cursed things :)

Nicely done Sinis,it's looking great so far,keep up the great and awesome! :thumbsup:

Thanks like always David :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Heh heh no problemo Sinis,seriously I am glad you are working on this remake/re-imagining of the gb title of the same name,I just hope Sephrious can help with the project more,however he still hasn't finished up CoA (I hope that he dose) because Im starting to get hyped for this one! :D

Sinis

• View Profile
For CoA, its in Optomon's hands right now an that's all I'm gonna state on it.  Don't want to give away any spoilers on what is being further done  ;)

For Sephirous's help, I'm going to  make up a  mock intro for the prayer screen sometime, insert those sprites into the game and let him go all out on it with the mock intro as a reference.  Another major thing I'd like to do for the prayer screen is to move Trevor/Sonia down on the screen some instead of being up high while also taking out the lightning and sound effects for that area however that part I'll have someone else do unless he can figure out how to move her down himself though I'll let him experiment around with his own knowledge and mettle for it.

Right now since I have time I'm working on lessers off and on throughout the day along with Sonia's rope climb and attack animations.  Going to do those just right so I can rely on the original whip animations for attacking instead of  making new ones :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Oh,I have no idea that Optomon is working on some certain things on it,heh heh,I wonder what will be shown when HE gets it done. (smirks)

Hmmm,all those ideas sound great and I hope you can manage to do the rope climbing animation and plus turn her soul skills into actual sub weapons that can be used in the game,all of this sounds sounds really exciting Sinis,Im surprised that you and your team are working hard on this game,also I think it's a good idea to put Vengeance on Hell II on hiatus until Legends Nes is fully done. :) 

Sinis

• View Profile
Indeed he is.  Right now I'm just patiently waiting around for him and Sephirous to give me word on whatever to make once everyone has gotten that far down the road as stuff will be starting sometime soon :)

This is what I have done so far.  Redid the rope climb sprites and feel they are decent though I do want feedback on them.  I'm aiming for them to fit perfectly in walking animation frames in Grant's area.

I'll get the attack animations posted up later.  Been in town all day and am zonked.  Tons of people arguing and fighting over areas early before the lunar eclipse that's going directly over my area Monday  :P

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Heh heh alright then,also the climbing sprites are looking great so far :)

Also I hope it dosen't take Optomon long enough to finish his end of the work for CoA,because Im starting to loose my patients in waiting for the game,it's driving me nuts XD
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:03:15 am by DavidtheIdeaMan »

Sinis

• View Profile

Also I hope it dosen't take Optomon long enough to finish his end of the work for CoA,because Im starting to loose my patients in waiting for the game,it's driving me nuts XD

The things that are planned right now will take months.  The stuff that was discussed between Sephirous, Optomon and myself will take time so sit back and relax...

Forgot to post this over the weekend.  Got side tracked a lot  :P

On a side note, Stage 2 is about halfway done.  Went back to change some things :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
(Sighs) I thought this might happen,maybe I should stop and waiting for posts for the project and move on,because all of these constant stuff that keeps getting add to the game,prevent it even more to being finished and Im sadly getting impatient,but still I wish you guys with the project.

Also good work on Sonia's sprite.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:30:15 pm by DavidtheIdeaMan »

Sinis

• View Profile
As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't completely built in one night  :P

I was impatient like you once but I learned the hard way after finding out that this older technology isn't a walk in the park to mess with nor program.  Made an imbecile of myself when doing so.  Learned from it and walked onward.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Well I hate to bring this,Im an impatient person =/

Sinis

• View Profile
I can tell.

All I ask is, on all of our behalf, please have patience with us.  If you are bored go rummage through the patches on here and pick something out.  Tons of stuff to choose from.  You never know when you'll find something hidden in the library that's got a great replay value :)

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
Meh,I guess but I think the best thing to do is to move on,plus some of the Castlevania hacks are just rehashes,no new music,just updated sprites,the only one I have is Chorus of Mysteries and Im surprised no one still has made a CVIII hack where Alucard has his Sword and sub weapons that he can use and a better weapon for Grant.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Sinis, did you get any word from the guys from Vice?
Just curious to know what the outcome of that was.

Sinis

• View Profile
I haven't gotten any word back from them yet.  Beginning to wonder if that email is dead like how that account associated with it is.  I really don't want to make a Twitter account either to go and ask them about it if they even are active on there.

So right now I'm trying to decide to either on risk of not asking them and yet still give them credit alongside yours with that one patch or when the time comes to try and find someone that can change stuff over.  As of now I need English as a main one to have translated along with German in the future but now I have three more which is Japanese (change the story text), Russian and Spanish.  Really don't know how I picked up the other three but people who I socialize with have let me know that word about Legends NES is starting to reach quite far in a lot of communities. True or not, people are kindly asking about these to be translated to those languages.

For now, I'm more focused on having it changed to English.  I know that I have your blessing for the patch but my paranoia runs wild when I don't get a word back from another source because I really don't want to do a no-no when they do eventually respond and say no.  I just want to be on the safe side of things :)