News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: seriously question i think:P  (Read 3301 times)

marian_mma

• View Profile
seriously question i think:P
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »
hello hackers..first i will tell u i love the nes games..are my favorite type of games since i was kid untill now..i have my favorite games like spartan x2, downtown nekketsu koushinkyoku, etc...guys i will ask u how i can hack:power, speed, abilities, jump and stuff like this for games like nes? i was wondering for long time ago about these thinks..and i try to hack with fceux emulator but not succes untill now..can u tell me a secret or a possibility to hack this thinks? thx and sorry 4 bad english

henke37

• View Profile
Re: seriously question i think:P
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »
Here is a secret: anyone that will ever be capable of learning this would already have figured out how to make cheats themself. There are plenty of guides on how to do it.

marian_mma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:19:06 am »
how can i learn this mate? give me some guides please or some tools everythink you want please..have a good day

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:48:17 am »
What you need to do is look at the RAM and compare values while the NES is running.
http://www.romhacking.net/documents/164/
The above document walks you through the process with Ninja Gaiden. I think it covers the basics so you can then apply the same principles to other games. If you go through that and still can't figure it out, feel free to ask more questions.

marian_mma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:13:32 am »
awesome sir! thank u very much i appreciate this deep..but my question is can u help me to find adresses for player speed, hack, strenght, abilities and stuff like this? thanks again sir

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:19:59 am »
 :banghead:

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 12:00:33 pm »
I don't really know NES nor do I want to do everything for you as I think you'll have A LOT of fun once you learn a few small things and want to do more.

I'm not sure how NES works as I haven't really hacked that, though I assume it's similar to SNES.  The best thing to do is try to follow a super simple tutorial on how to use the debugging features of your emulator of choice. (Honestly, everyone says 'LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS AND GUIDES' but they are so overly intricate for a beginner that it will scare them away.  If there IS one that discusses RAM, it may be a good idea to see if they have a small game example to play with.  Otherwise, it's probably going to be too much to take in at once).

The best thing I did when I first started actually using a debugger was follow how RAM works.  Basically, the memory and where things are stored for certain aspects, which should hold the players speed, strength etc..

I found it easier to begin there as then you can see how values change as you play.  Once you figure out that, you can start trying to figure out HOW it gets stored there.  Once you follow that line, you'll hit some messy code and you'll have to do some trial and error to see how it works.  Keep doing things like that and eventually it'll get easier with time.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

marian_mma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:20:56 am »
hy! guys thanks for ur advices but i know a little how to use fceux debugger but..i cant find that adress with speed and thinks like this  :banghead: i try months day after day but still cant find it..i can hack timer, life but is much better if i can hack the power, the speed, etc..a doument to read, a tutorial, or a better advice will be aproved by me..thanks u all 4 everythink friends have a good day/night

March 02, 2014, 02:51:15 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
guys if someone from u can hack a game can make a tutorial for me because my skills in hacking are pretty low and perhaps a tutorial can make me to understand much better this think..thanks again for everythink..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:51:15 pm by marian_mma »

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:09 pm »
You first need to learn assembly for the nes.  Then you need to learn how to use all the tools in fceux.  I learned fceux tools (debugger trace logger etc) by reading the fceux online guide and reading threads of how other people used them.  NES assembly I learned by typing "nes asm" in google.  There's your tutorial, type what you want to learn in google.  Once you learn these things you can make the game breakpoint around the area you want to hack.  Once you learn the assembly well enough you can read the disassembled code and understand what it's doing.  Once you understand it well enough to know what's going on, you can change it.

It's impossible to make a tutorial for actual game programming because every game has unique programming.  You have to learn how nes assembly works and learn to read and understand the disassembled code.  If every nes game ran the same way there certainly would have been a universal tutorial by now.

It's a lot of work and I found a lot of the online information to not be beginner friendly.  I suggest you break this into small steps and take your time figuring it all out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:58:50 pm by Drakon »

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 02:20:26 am »
Assembly is kind of a programming language.
Since each system has a different processor it will have different assembly languages altogether so you'll have to start from zero for new systems... but some have large similarities (Master System/GB/GBC/WS) (NES/SNES/PC Engine) (GBA/DS/3DS) (Megadrive) (PS1/Saturn/N64)

Since you want to modify the programming, it makes sense to learn that programming language and even try and code some simple programs using it (hello world, calculators, snake...)

Then, comes the part where you modify an existing NES rom programming.
A debug emulator (FCEUX is among the best in this category) like all emulators, well, execute the programming written in the assembly language used by the system's processor (in this case, NES). The difference being, he allows you to see that code as it's being executed, and even stop at specific lines whenever something of interest is modified/called/executed (breakpoint, you find the targeted "something of interest" with a cheat code research), or use brute force and try to spy on everything à la NSA and just see everything executed between instants A and B (tracing).
It also offers various nifty viewers for graphical data and patterns in the system's RAM, or you can dump the entire RAM with this debug emulator in a file and try and study it elsewhere with a more efficient program.
For more advanced systems, you can even get the palettes.

It boils down to studying the assembly language and then figuring out what does what.