News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Vantage Master Japan Translation Testers Needed... Sort of  (Read 1796 times)

Horikawa Otane

• View Profile
Vantage Master Japan Translation Testers Needed... Sort of
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:55:24 pm »
So, basically, I'm translating Vantage Master Japan. I have an insertion tool already, it works, etc.

However, currently all I can insert/extract is the dialogue, but not who speaks the dialogue. What this means is that I don't know who says what just by looking at the script.

So I need people willing to play the game in the Japanese, take screenshots of the dialogue boxes before and after battles (not too many of them), and send them to me.

If I can get these, so that I can verify my translations, I could have this out in a month or two.

Here's what I'm able to do...

Scio

• View Profile
Re: Vantage Master Japan Translation Testers Needed... Sort of
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »
Didn't you catch any Control Codes on your script? They generally control what portrait to show, what name to show in the first line, etc.
They're usually the first three of four bytes before a dialogue line.

Horikawa Otane

• View Profile
Re: Vantage Master Japan Translation Testers Needed... Sort of
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »
Didn't you catch any Control Codes on your script? They generally control what portrait to show, what name to show in the first line, etc.
They're usually the first three of four bytes before a dialogue line.

Umm, I didn't write the inserter, so I'd have to ask my hacker. From what I can tell of the dumps, there's no consistent 'flags' or numbers or anything between multiple boxes that I know are from the same person.