News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Ultimate Patch:Fix Help Request  (Read 1654 times)

Lord_Vulkan101

Chrono Trigger Ultimate Patch:Fix Help Request
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:04:55 am »

Ignore this post, it never existed according to me. If you have the chance please delete it.

Spoiler:
NOTE:I AM NOT IN ANY WAY A PROFESSIONAL ROM HACKER,CODER, OR SPRITE CREATOR AS THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, IT HAS TO DO WITH IPS PATCH CREATION

CHRONO TRIGGER BELONGS TO SQUARE ENIX AND NINTENDO NOT ME
ALL LISTED IPS PATCHES WEREN'T MADE BY ME, THE ONLY ONE MADE BY ME IS ACTUALLY JUST A COMPILATION OF THE ONES NOT MADE BY ME

IF THIS IS CONSIDERED SPAM OR ADVERTISING AND A MODERATOR PM'S ME ABOUT IT OR I AM TOLD ABOUT IT BY SOMEONE ELSE I WILL DO MY BEST TO REMOVE THIS POST POST HASTE!(C What I Did there?)
Spoiler:
Statistics=  Emulator: Zsnes
                  Rom: Chronotrigger US Version
                  File name: Chrono_Trigger_(U)_[!]

IPS Patcher: Lunar IPS
                 Patches I wish to apply:
===============================================================================

DoctorLsCTRe-retranslation{What is: a re-re translation of the original Chrono Trigger SNES retranslation-which was a patch that took the script from the japanese rom and translated it quote on quote"literally" and added some features of some Temporal Flux patches that added Japanese only things like a nickname for Chrono when you talk to the cave woman(too busy typing to look up name)or changing the lighting thing in the stats to
sky. I say quote on quote because for some reason random text replaced the item descriptions and the use of grammar and punctuations isn't what you'd really want for entertainment- which basically takes the re translation and makes it easier to understand for english users and fixes the item description thing}

CTColiseum{What it is:adds a special Final fantasy like coliseum to the game that you can earn points in,buy things using said points,and to earn points the battles have special requirements}

chronotrigger_hard{What it is:lowers your characters stats, switches around some items, possibly changes item damage, increases enemy stats Ex:I went into the forest at the beginning of the game to try and level Chrono up:I died in the first battle}

Chrono_Trigger_Six_Letters{What it is:adds a sixth character slot to name creation, don't really know why I'm adding this}

================================================================================
Spoiler:
System stuff:
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 8.1
Version   6.3.9600 Build 9600
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name   NEXICON
System Manufacturer   Hewlett-Packard
System Model   HP 2000 Notebook PC
System Type   x64-based PC
System SKU   D1E80UA#ABA
Processor   AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   Insyde F.33, 5/13/2013
SMBIOS Version   2.7
Embedded Controller Version   105.23
BIOS Mode   UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer   Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model   Not Available
BaseBoard Name   Base Board
Platform Role   Mobile
Secure Boot State   On
PCR7 Configuration   Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory   C:\WINDOWS
System Directory   C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale   United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.3.9600.16408"
User Name   Nexicon\NEXICON\Stone
Time Zone   Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   3.60 GB
Available Physical Memory   1.44 GB
Total Virtual Memory   4.53 GB
Available Virtual Memory   1.77 GB
Page File Space   960 MB
Page File   C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions   Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions   Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware   No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection   Yes

============================================================================

Problem/Request: Wants way to make these patches work together to the fullest possible inside the rom (mostly for personal use, but if it works well enough maybe we can slap a disclaimer on it and give it to our friends if we abide by rules,give links to the patches,names of authors, we didn't make the patches,etc.)

===============================================================================

The Reason I call it Ultimate:Because I originally started playing Chrono Trigger on a site called Vizzed which allows you to play tons of retro roms online without downloading anything but a plugin(and maintains that each digital copy of the games they have is equal to a physical copy which they also have) and I loved it. The RPG genre being my favorite type of game and Time Travel one of my favorite subjects plus It had a retro feel since it was an older game and had pixel graphics which I love made it basically a match made in heaven. I never actually finished it though and wanted to play it again. After downloading the rom off of CoolRoms I remebered seeing a colliseum romhack for it on Vizzed and looked up Rom hacks for it and eventually found a site with a short list that basically built that above listed patches. I thought why not play it in a special way if I'm giving it another go. I was suprised to find that unlike Poke'mon patches when patching more than one patch I actually got it to run on the first try (I can't even edit poke'mon Volt White sprites without it crashing immeaditly when trying to play) I originally thought the "Black rooms of Death" were a glitch part of the re translation and mostly ignored them using my trusty rewind key and save states but I soon realized some of them populated locations of Key In-game Plot Points.I then figured that maybe the "Black rooms of Death would be removed if I completed a plot point that brought me closer to needing to go there. Nada. Some examples were not being able to see Magus's Shrine inside the Church(or whatever its called) of the middle ages or the extremely important part of no access to the broken bridge in the Middle Ages.

===========================================================================
Glitches that these cause when put together:
DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYMORE DUE TO 6TH CHARACTER PATCH BEING ADDED DON'T KNOW WHY:Intro runs fine until mountain part and screen turns black but sound still plays{accidently found a way to bypass that problem and access the new game or load game options} Plus pushing A to skip the intro gives you a black screen with NO music

Possible sound not playing or carrying over from previous location(Usually happens when using save state or previous save that existed before patch)

Certain areas turn into black areas when entered(first appeared when using the original retranslation patch before re-retranslation patch was found)

Invisible walls: I don't mean the normal room and area walls become invisible, I mean the game thinks that walls are in areas that walls aren't(can be bypassed with Walk Through Walls but is still hard to get past since the thing won't let you use exits)

===========================================================================

What I've been able to do: Create a IPS patch for the above listed rom that contains all of the above listed patches(which I didn't make) that runs like a normal ROM but also contains the above listed glitches that haven't been removed

=======================================================================

Help for black screen with music glitch, might not work for some computers as I've only used it a few times on one (obviously won't work for Mac):
Prep:Probably want to change the properties of all SNES Roms to run instantly when you double click them by choosing it to run with ZSNES, Have the rom with the glitch, be able to read what I've typed inside this post

Ready To Go:Run the rom that has the "black screen music glitch" and immediately go to config and make sure you have a key set for fast forward(It REALLY helps). Once you do, let the intro play WITHOUT YOU PUSHING ANY BUTTONS until you reach the black screen with music(or fast forward to it). Now push the A button and then scroll up and down a few times while pressing A again maybe 3 or 4 times .Next,without pushing the escape key to pause the emulator push the Windows key and move your mouse out of the emulator.Now go over to the emulator on the taskbar that shows your windows and right click it. Choose the "Close this Window" option. If you have done it right up until this point, the music for the rom should still be playing even though the emulator window doesn't exist on your screen anymore. The final nail in the glitch's coffin is to double click the same rom you just closed to find that for some reason you can now actually see the New Game battle mode option(Save states probably work to return to your save after this point as I don't think you can reach the load game option though I did appearantly choose the first save when fast forwarding through the intro if you have turbo key A and fast forward set to the same button)

========================================================================

My Request to you guys I will give you the download link to both the version of the IPS patch with a header and without, your goal is to at least make "the black rooms of Death" accessible. I will be forever in debt to the person that can fix this as it was a miracle that I could even choose the correct order of patching to get the rom to not be a black screen. Also if you can get the emulator to accept it as something OTHER than a bad rom that will help too. I will save a copy of this post to a txt in order to post it to another site if I can find one that could help, well anyway that's the end of my post.
Except for the Download links. I'm not trolling anyone ;):

With Header:  https://www.mediafire.com/?wjd1lk7mlilgox0
Without Header:  https://www.mediafire.com/?2n3aey13jh1wnjg

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:04:33 am by Lord_Vulkan101 »