News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Paris - Dakar Rally Special now in English!  (Read 3817 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Paris - Dakar Rally Special now in English!
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

Update By: mrrichard999

Here is an announcement for an English translation for Paris - Dakar Rally Special for the NES. Now you can enjoy this racing game which involves a different type of game-play for each stage, platforming events, and dodging various enemies from racers, to sea creatures, traps, and military arsenals in order to win. Its a fun little game which offers something different than your normal NES racing title.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2231/)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Paris - Dakar Rally Special now in English!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:04:31 am »
Congratulations! :woot!:

I've procrastinated on my translation. Though there's probably no reason to not still release it anyways. Whenever that is.
(as mine was largely an issue with actually playing through. I did get Stage 0 finished, which is most of what needed translation anyways, from what I've seen of the game.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:14:32 am »
Thanks :) Didn't know anybody was working on this one at the time but figured it would be a nice little project to do. You're right about the text, there isn't anything after completing the first part of the game when you have to gather all the stuff needed to enter the rally except the lap time screen. Its a hard game to play through without constantly using save states :P Everything is trying to kill you in the game pretty much!

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:32:11 am »
I don't know if I've come across a glitch or I'm doing something wrong;
In the very first stage, after getting sponsorship and looking for the dude's business partner for yen, Talking about yen to the guy in the green tie returns "QQQQ" and stops the game. The other guys just say "What?" to everything, so I'm assuming this is the guy I need.

I'm playing on FCEUX 2.2.2, didn't check any of the hashes before patching it, but the file name was "Paris-Dakar Rally Special (Japan).nes"

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:44 pm »
I don't know if I've come across a glitch or I'm doing something wrong;
In the very first stage, after getting sponsorship and looking for the dude's business partner for yen, Talking about yen to the guy in the green tie returns "QQQQ" and stops the game. The other guys just say "What?" to everything, so I'm assuming this is the guy I need.

I'm playing on FCEUX 2.2.2, didn't check any of the hashes before patching it, but the file name was "Paris-Dakar Rally Special (Japan).nes"

I have uploaded a new patch (V1.01) that fixes this problem. Sorry for the mishap :) Everything should be in working order now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:34:13 pm by mrrichard999 »