News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV: Combat Boost! (A Final Fantasy IV Hack) (88%) v0.19 Available!  (Read 54380 times)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Might as well wait on the new User Options four a couple of days. I'm getting some feedback on the Project II page about some dash-related bugs I'll be fixing soon. I'll let you know.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Oh? I always thought that screen mess-up was some screw-up with Combat Boost, phew, that's kind of a relief.

Alright Mato, I really enjoyed your stream and many of your grievances are well founded... I expected people to run over and get Tellah, then grind, but it seems more reasonable to try and level her when you get her first, more Exp. that way.

I must say I am a very large fan of your work and am honored that you would even pick up this work-in-progress hack!

First: I always preferred Eidolon to Esper, but I forgot that Esper is what Vivify93 used in his initial Project II, so that oversight will be remedied.

Second: Yes, Mist Dragon does not count as a dragon type monster, thereby there are no magics to learn from her (also it would be next to impossible to not kill her and have the story proceed).

Third: It is a more difficult hack, that much is certain and it was the main crux of the work put into the game. Good fast thinking with the BombPart against the Zombies though.

I like the idea of having the Item chart next to an enemy (I had originally conceived of an idea of using a scan-like spell or item which would tell what items the enemy had, but could never get it right)

Are you aware of rb.thundaga.com? That is an FFIV Hacking reference site which has a lot of useful information. I would suggest that you also include the Race of an Enemy as well since that will play an important part in things to come. (Just remember that the Reptile enemy type has been changed to Beast!)

Also yes... those early pictures are from testing versions, hence why Kain has 1900 HP and is talking to a fairly-later enemy, the Wind Dragon.

I realized that I didn't have a tip on Regen, since it works fairly differently than default FFIV.

Instead of restoring 10 HP and locking down the character that uses it, Regen restores the HP equal to the amount of Will the user has.

In addition, as you were going over your silly theory on FF (FFXII was fantastic, XIII was rather terrible in all respects in my opinion) you missed Tellah's mention that he can wield any blade (except the Holy Swords). Tellah is no longer the brittle old man he is in the normal FFIV, he gains Strength and Vitality stats as he levels up. He is a quasi-Red Mage who can't equip Armor for all intents and purposes.

While not terribly important yet (as you haven't come across any new weapons yet. A bit of bad luck), it will be very important later.

I should also throw out a few stat changes on the items you currently have...

Dark Sword - +3 Wisdom
Shadow Blade - +3 Vitality (A Very important stat in Combat Boost, much moreso than the original)

Memento Ring - Protects against KO - +3 Strength. (Can only be equipped by Rydia)

Glasses - +3 Wisdom

Also keep in mind the Dark Armor resists Holy which Makes it Weak to Dark. Keep that firmly in mind as you move forward.

As per Chillyfeez's request to make the Dark Sword more useful the Attack of the Dark Sword has been increased to 25 and can now Blind foes.

CalmWind is now fixed and working properly.

The hacking on FFIV has mostly in recent days been by Chillyfeez and myself. PinkPuff has figured out a bit as well and adds a lot of our work to her program FF4kster. Much of my work is on Slickproductions which is down at the moment, so hopefully we'll be able to retrieve it soon. I have my main hacking topic backed up, but my other notes are a bit scattered.

Seeing the stream I can see you're growing a bit anxious, but it may be to your benefit to fight enemies. You won't be handed everything on a silver platter as the original FFIV does but enemies have their 1/16 drop be a rare and powerful item in many cases. You've already heard about the Thief Knife and if you can get the Item Seeker as well you can really start raking in the rare items.

I'm looking forward to seeing the implementation of the item charts in your stream.

OctoMamm is difficult, perhaps exceedingly so. If you do go into the battle with the Shadow Blade just remember the power of Regen and Blink to help you through it.

Rydia's HP has been increased to a starting 80 and than her next few levels have decreased her HP gain rate to compensate.

Typo of package has been fixed, Mysidia's Inn is now only 50 GP instead of 200.

I'm a bit leery on the changes of the shop text because I am strapped for Text already (probably due to that old FF4kster bug which doesn't fully delete old text...) and when I tried to change it I was up against that wall again.

I will be uploading these fixes later today, thanks for the input fellows!

December 05, 2014, 02:59:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And here is the upload!

Pretty much everything I mentioned above has been fixed, I have removed the Great Drake from the Serpent Road as I couldn't think on what to do with him at the moment.

Though the hack currently ends at the Underworld there are still some things to do with Rosa and Kain right before you leave for the Underworld such as obtaining two Dragon spells from two rare foes and you can obtain some new and powerful gear with a regained Rosa's Hunt command.

I also have been thinking about a way to re-enter the Tower of Zot. My thought was to have a door in the basement of the Baron Waterway which is locked until reobtaining Kain which leads to a warp back into the Tower of Zot. Not sure if I want to do that though.

Like I gave a dungeon to the use of Palom, Porom, and Tellah party, I was also thinking of having another dungeon for the party of Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Cid, and Yang. Question is where it could be and for what purpose.

Any thoughts to these two matters, fellows?

Final Fantasy IV-Combat Boost! (Overworld Complete) (Beta0.04)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 03:03:14 pm by Grimoire LD »

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
Grimoire LD, would you need my help at all to more smoothly integrate Project II updates into Combat Boost? I wouldn't at all mind helping, especially since--barring any more User Options updates or typos to be found--I should be done with it by now.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
Grimoire LD: Thanks for the tips and info! I'll re-read it and try to absorb it all - as you can imagine, coming from an outsider's perspective there's a ton of new stuff to learn all at once  :D

Thanks for the Thundaga site. I've also been searching through the slickproductions forum on archive.org for info - most of what I'm interested in is RAM addresses. I'm finding FFIV is much more of a pain to understand RAM-wise than FFVI was, so I'm scrounging for any scrap of info I can find, including Japanese sites.

I've archived last night's stream on YouTube, and future FFIV streams will be added on too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLEq6HiJQpk&list=PL8fufren85t_4wKyFUruf6UD1EmQSIaEM

And no worries, I plan to continue with the hack little by little!

chillyfeez

• View Profile
So after the Serpent Road, the game goes from damn-near-impossible back to just challenging enough.
I just got through the Baron Waterway (made a side trip back to Mist and picked up the "Fung Shui" rod). About to face Baigan...

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Grimoire LD, would you need my help at all to more smoothly integrate Project II updates into Combat Boost? I wouldn't at all mind helping, especially since--barring any more User Options updates or typos to be found--I should be done with it by now.

I might... because of very specific code changes I made to the Commands (well in many cases the new command doesn't resemble what it's replacing at all), the current FF4kster overwrites some crucial aspects of my command hacks making it unusable past a certain point. I know Chillyfeez gets around this by using a patch every time he wants to make a change in FF4kster but that just seems like far too much of a pain to me.

All I think I am missing from Project II at the moment is some extra tutorial text on running and the airship toggles as well as the rest of the item descriptions and if you can manage that without using FF4kster then that would be great. Though could you tell me what I changed the warp x and y to near the end of the Bomb Ring event in Project II? I can't actually recall.

Or is there more that I'm unaware of?

Grimoire LD: Thanks for the tips and info! I'll re-read it and try to absorb it all - as you can imagine, coming from an outsider's perspective there's a ton of new stuff to learn all at once  :D

Thanks for the Thundaga site. I've also been searching through the slickproductions forum on archive.org for info - most of what I'm interested in is RAM addresses. I'm finding FFIV is much more of a pain to understand RAM-wise than FFVI was, so I'm scrounging for any scrap of info I can find, including Japanese sites.

I've archived last night's stream on YouTube, and future FFIV streams will be added on too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLEq6HiJQpk&list=PL8fufren85t_4wKyFUruf6UD1EmQSIaEM

And no worries, I plan to continue with the hack little by little!

Haha, I had always worried I hadn't gone far enough and people would see it as just a hardtype hack, though your stream said that I used some "roguelike" aspects to my skills, I suppose that's true, but I thought making some skills and spells that got better as your character's stats increased was a lot more interesting than just basic stuff which has been done so many times before.

I had Really wanted to include descriptions for the weapons and armor, but unfortunately I always ran out of available space to work with. For basic things like +3 Vit, +3 Str. easy, simple. But say for the Dead Man's Clothes...

+3 Vit. Resist Zombies, Spirits, and Curse. That's too much to mention... Also as far as weapons go they would need specifics. Even just "Can Use Command" would be fine if several of them didn't also have stat bonuses meaning that even more text would be used up. It is my deepest regret with this project that I don't have those bonuses visible without checking stats after equipping anything. I'll probably release a Readme version with all of the item bonuses eventually to compensate. I know some hacks of FFI do that for instance.

Ah, interested in RAM addresses? They are a bit tricky to deal with. 7E1000-1280 is out-of-battle stat records while in-battle is 7E2000-2680. 2680 is then the Attacker's stats as they are changed by various stats, but I imagine you know all of this...

I have some notes about some rather out there sections of RAM. What did you want to know? Maybe Chillyfeez or I can help you?

I am glad to see the initial difficulty didn't kill the project for you. I can't promise it will get easier, but I like to think that there's a greater feeling of reward through smart actions in battle.

So after the Serpent Road, the game goes from damn-near-impossible back to just challenging enough.
I just got through the Baron Waterway (made a side trip back to Mist and picked up the "Fung Shui" rod). About to face Baigan...

I think that about settles it. I may need to do something about the Serpent Road, I did lower the Mysidia Inn to 50 GP but I think my original mission of making a dungeon that encouraged the use of the new spells got a skewed somehow.

Also did the rematch in Mist surprise you at all, or catch you off guard?

December 05, 2014, 09:33:06 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also another update, I've changed the MP cost and spell power of Cure1 and 2, so they are more powerful, about equal to a Tonic and Potion respectively at lower levels. Their MP cost have gone from 3 to 5 and 9 to 12. In addition (I forgot to note this) the power of Level 1 spells have been increased to 8, making them of viable use, rather than of a weak attempt.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:33:06 pm by Grimoire LD »

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Ah, those changes to the level 1 spells are welcome ones.
The rematch with... (A certain boss) did catch me by surprise, but the Serpent Road left me way too powerful for the battle to be a challenge. The transparency was a nice touch. Baigan and Cagnazzo ended up being a little easier than I expected, too (though Cagnazzo was always the easiest Fiend).

So now I'm at my favorite part, first airship access! Should I be on the lookout for any new easter eggs?

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Oh it's never really that powerful when you reach it. It's just meant to be an interesting reminder of how powerful you've actually become.

Let's see, Airship access...

Silvera may sell some things of interest and the items scattered about the town are different. In Troia you'll find the Daughters of Artemis, but you won't be able to do anything with that until you get Rosa back. So not too much there, I'm afraid... actually... if I recall right some of the more obscure Chocobo Forests have some interesting items I placed there.

Ah! Of course, Eblan. I really wanted to put encounters in Eblan to make it more of an area, but unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to do that without the editor. But the new chest fights in Eblan Will Be Tough! Make no mistake about it. You are very high leveled though so you might stand a chance if you use some good strategy. Also there are some new foes around the Eblan fields and Troian forests.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Daughters of Artemis, huh? Sounds interesting. I'll look forward to that.

Maybe it's more that you care to insert, but you know what might be fun? Some sort of challenge dungeon that first becomes accessible now (in a somewhat hidden location) and becomes noticeably harder the deeper you go... Maybe certain levels are even inaccessible until reaching specific points in the game, so you have to keep going back.
Just a thought - I love optional side quests.

Re: monsters in Eblan - It's easy enough to add the possibility of encounters to an area, though I used to reference a specific conversation between you and Phoenix on slickproductions, so I'm not sure how readily available the info is currently. Without FF4kster, though, specifying which monsters show up would be a lot of work.
You know, making that patch so you can continue to use FF4kster really only takes about 10 minutes...

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
I've been thinking about that, but map space in FFIV is already so tight. The Serpent Road was made from devouring the first floor of the Chocobo Stables (why were they underground anyhow?), for instance...

When I look through the maps I might see a few I can cut...

Astro Tower Main Hall, Professor Kory is the only important thing there and even he's not really anything. But he can keep his telescope, but that first floor with his wife and assistant can be cut.

Troia Castle Room w/ Random Pots, I don't think that adds anything and it's not a difficult room to remove.

And that's it for the Overworld.

I do love sidequests as well and two maps of space may enable me to make something work. My only problem is suitable rewards... I do still have the Sight Spell Item to be used on the World Map under the name "???" because I have no defined purpose for it yet. If it is available at this point in the game what can I do to make it interesting and engaging? Hmm...

Having played this far do you have any particular thoughts on a suitable prizes that this place could offer?

Hmm, I had thought you would have patch it Every Single Time you made a change with FF4kster? Is that not the case then? Since the way you seem to be describing it, it's a one time affair.

Digitsie

• View Profile
Can't like, you stick all the serpent road addons in an expanded ROM? Put all the Project II and such modifications in the original rom, then attach everything else in the newly expanded space?

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
I might... because of very specific code changes I made to the Commands (well in many cases the new command doesn't resemble what it's replacing at all), the current FF4kster overwrites some crucial aspects of my command hacks making it unusable past a certain point. I know Chillyfeez gets around this by using a patch every time he wants to make a change in FF4kster but that just seems like far too much of a pain to me.

All I think I am missing from Project II at the moment is some extra tutorial text on running and the airship toggles as well as the rest of the item descriptions and if you can manage that without using FF4kster then that would be great. Though could you tell me what I changed the warp x and y to near the end of the Bomb Ring event in Project II? I can't actually recall.

Or is there more that I'm unaware of?
I actually just entirely redrew the Forest Where You Lose Kain map by hand to look like the original. I don't remember what you told me to change it to, since, if I remember right, your change didn't work for me. You were basing Combat Boost off of v1.03, right?

Umm, let's see. What did I do...

- I added back in the HandAxe and Assassin Dagger. (not sure if you want either of these)
- I rearranged Rosa's command list as "Fight, White, Aim, Pray, Item" and Yang's as "Fight, Focus, Brace, Kick, Item". (probably not applicable to you)
- Added an extra save point in the Lunar Core (On that little useless part that stuck out at the end)
- Break is now single-target with a delay time of 6 to make it less useful. I think I'd rather just make more foes immune to Break, but this helps a bit.
- And then there's the tutorial text. I had to shorten a lot of things in bank 2 to get this in... which makes me think that we might have a bit of trouble doing this.

Do you still have an copy of the version of Project II that you based Combat Boost off of? If you make a patch with that version of Project II with no other changes as the "unedited ROM" and Combat Boost's edits as the "new ROM", do you think maybe you could apply that to Project II v2.02?

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Can't like, you stick all the serpent road addons in an expanded ROM? Put all the Project II and such modifications in the original rom, then attach everything else in the newly expanded space?

We've never added in space to account for maps as that would make it incompatible with any sort of patches as it would literally change the size of the game itself and the patching process would therefore be imperfect, if functional at all, to my knowledge.

I actually just entirely redrew the Forest Where You Lose Kain map by hand to look like the original. I don't remember what you told me to change it to, since, if I remember right, your change didn't work for me. You were basing Combat Boost off of v1.03, right?

Umm, let's see. What did I do...

- I added back in the HandAxe and Assassin Dagger. (not sure if you want either of these)
- I rearranged Rosa's command list as "Fight, White, Aim, Pray, Item" and Yang's as "Fight, Focus, Brace, Kick, Item". (probably not applicable to you)
- Added an extra save point in the Lunar Core (On that little useless part that stuck out at the end)
- Break is now single-target with a delay time of 6 to make it less useful. I think I'd rather just make more foes immune to Break, but this helps a bit.
- And then there's the tutorial text. I had to shorten a lot of things in bank 2 to get this in... which makes me think that we might have a bit of trouble doing this.

Do you still have an copy of the version of Project II that you based Combat Boost off of? If you make a patch with that version of Project II with no other changes as the "unedited ROM" and Combat Boost's edits as the "new ROM", do you think maybe you could apply that to Project II v2.02?

HandAxe has become the GooeyAxe and has been such for a long while. The Assassin's Knife became the Item Seeker Knife. Any extra weapons I had, I used as efficiently as possible as early as possible, hehe.

Oddly enough I had made that change to Rosa's commands already. I personally prefer Focus, Kick, and Gird for Yang.

That extra save point in the Lunar Core is from EasyType. As this is a difficulty mod, putting a savepoint next to the end boss would sort of defeat the purpose a little.

You hit the nail on the head, the issue isn't Break being broken (hah...) but that too many enemies were susceptible to it. I think you initially also gave it just 30% chance to hit, which it still has in Combat Boost.

As for the tutorial text, I might change Kain's "leaving Baron Castle" lines around a bit as well as Cid's initial lines in the Airship, since Combat Boost is aimed at veterans rather than newcomers to the game I expect them to know how to move and use an airship.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Expanding the ROM wouldn't solve the issue he's talking about. The game only allows for the existence of 512 maps, and most are already used.
Although... All of the chocobo forests use the same map index, likewise the "ending" locations (Ending Baron, Ending Eblan, etc) meaning there are a few... hidden, unused maps.

Having played this far do you have any particular thoughts on a suitable prizes that this place could offer?

Given that there's no silver armor for sale in Silvera, I'd say armor would be a nice reward.
I don't know, in general, I like your new weapons, so you might be able to come up with better ideas than I.
You know... A chest with a pile of GP would be appreciated by anyone playing Combat Boost, since it's so scarce naturally.

Hmm, I had thought you would have patch it Every Single Time you made a change with FF4kster? Is that not the case then? Since the way you seem to be describing it, it's a one time affair.
Well, you'd only have to make the patch once (as long as you don't alter your battle system any further). You have to apply it every time you make a change with FF4kster, but that takes about 30 seconds.

Anyway, the real reason for this post is that I found some issues in Silvera.
- There's inconsistency in its name. Sometimes it's called Silvera, sometimes it's called Mythril.
- At least in my copy, the hidden treasures in the grass have nothing at all - they're just unwalkable patches of grass.

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Expanding the ROM wouldn't solve the issue he's talking about. The game only allows for the existence of 512 maps, and most are already used.
Although... All of the chocobo forests use the same map index, likewise the "ending" locations (Ending Baron, Ending Eblan, etc) meaning there are a few... hidden, unused maps.

Hmm? But isn't that data simply not there? You're referring to the Map indexes rather than the maps as they appear, correct? I had something (probably on slickproductions) that showed what map was connected to each map index and there were some glaring blank spots, but when I went to check those indexes they were normally glitchy messes... I'll need to take a second look at that.

Given that there's no silver armor for sale in Silvera, I'd say armor would be a nice reward.
I don't know, in general, I like your new weapons, so you might be able to come up with better ideas than I.
You know... A chest with a pile of GP would be appreciated by anyone playing Combat Boost, since it's so scarce naturally.

In my personal file I've made it through the Tower of Zot and I have only 54000 GP, yes. Chests of money, especially in this game, would probably go a far way. I can also throw in some high-grade healing items as well.

Well, you'd only have to make the patch once (as long as you don't alter your battle system any further). You have to apply it every time you make a change with FF4kster, but that takes about 30 seconds.

I know you've explained how to do this a number of times, and sorry to ask but how do you go about doing this again?

Anyway, the real reason for this post is that I found some issues in Silvera.
- There's inconsistency in its name. Sometimes it's called Silvera, sometimes it's called Mythril.
- At least in my copy, the hidden treasures in the grass have nothing at all - they're just unwalkable patches of grass.

You... would be right about those items not being there. I forgot I removed the Triggers for the purposes of getting rid of some easy items and saving that Trigger space for a rainy day (likely would be a near requirement for any new map I'd like to make)

I'll check out that inconsistency and fix up the tiles for Silvera.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
As for the tutorial text, I might change Kain's "leaving Baron Castle" lines around a bit as well as Cid's initial lines in the Airship, since Combat Boost is aimed at veterans rather than newcomers to the game I expect them to know how to move and use an airship.
You could also trim the walking/talking tutorial, too, in the opening. If you haven't done so already. Well, let me just share the tutorial text updates, then. Not sure if you're using FF4kster to edit text, but here:

#178 Training room main floor:
Msg. 2: "In field maps, press R to cycle through teammates. You can also sprint by tapping L."

#179 Training room upstairs:
Msg. 1: "Act fast in fights! If you're leery about the new battle system, reduce their speed in the Customizer. Want a real fight? Choose Active and foes'll attack even while you're in battle menus!"
Msg. 3: "If a fight looks grim, flee by holding both L and R. You can't run from bosses! Also, hold X to skip someone's turn, and press Select to see when someone can next act. It may save your life!"

There was basically zero room in Bank 2 to put these in, so I had to do my old trick of "scan every single piece of NPC text to see what little things I can sacrifice without losing too much."

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
Same here, I can't really play around with Bank 2 much anymore either. Yes, having Kain say more tutorialish lines when you're leaving Baron, and have him mention sprinting when you first gain control seems like the best idea. I can't really change my Training Room's lines as they are all related to new stuff in Combat Boost.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Well, I don't know if I've ever actually used an unused map index, but I kind of assume that FF4kster would be able to rewrite the pointers as necessary if one were to decide to do so.
:edit: ok, I just tried to assign an unused map index to a map, and FF4kster just says "no data" when I go to edit that map, so there must be a missing pointer. But I'm sure that can be fixed...

OK, creating a "Battle Correction" patch:
Tools required: hex editor (I use Cygnus for this - it has a copy and past feature that works pretty much just like MS Office and makes this process go quickly), SNESTL
Also: two copies of your ROM. One to be the "unchanged" file when creating your patch, one to be the "changed" file. For this process, you will be actually making changes on the "unchanged" file.

1) Open your "unchanged" file in your hex editor.
2) Jump to $01/8000 (or $01/8200 if you have a header, but you don't)
3) Overwrite the next 0x8000 bytes with FF. This is the part that takes up most of the time, and it is where copy and paste comes in handy. Write two lines of FFs or so, then copy and paste those two lines until you've overwritten 0x10 lines, then copy those 0x10 lines and paste so you have 0x20, and so on. Remember you can stop when you get to $02/0000.
4) Save changes and exit.
5) Open SNESTL
6) Choose Create Patch
7) SNESTL will tell you to choose the "unchanged" file. Remember that this is the one you just changed.
8 ) Select your "changed" file. This is the one you have not changed. It should be a carbon copy of your actual game.
9) The patch you've now created patches your working battle system into any FFIIUS 1.1 ROM. After you use FF4kster to do anything in your ROM, simply open SNESTL and apply this patch afterwords to undo any of the "corrections" FF4kster has made to your battle system.

It seems like a process all written out, but steps 1-8 only need to be done once, and step 9 takes less than one minute.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:15:25 am by chillyfeez »

Latest Demo

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
...It didn't work. I tried for about an hour, I copied the 0x8000 Zero bytes, saved that file, then proceeded to paste them into a clean FFII over and over and over again and I saw no change. My commands were still as askewed as ever, at least with .PPF patching that was the case. Unfortunately I could not find this SNESTL you were referring to.

Wait... I might be an idiot... yeah, I am... I probably screwed something up here in a large way.

Alright, here's the story...

I accidentally saved over my only current copy of Combat Boost (Thank goodness I made that patch earlier today!) and whenever I tried to create this clean battle system copy I was unwittingly continually copying the already corrupted system from the new FF4kster, completely making that patching process worthless.

I used a copy of my previous patch, put it on a clean non-headered rom, and it seemed to be working properly, but... no change I make in the new FF4kster seems to actually stick as the initial patch seems to overwrite everything I've done with the original Combat Boost's data.

EDIT: Wait... when you said carbon copy of my Actual Game did you mean FFIV or my patch? I think you meant the normal FFIV, if so another grand oversight by me.

EDIT: I tried the base FFIV and instead of preserving my commands it turned them back into their vanilla counterparts along with reverting several things I've done to the battle system itself which the editor never touched.

It's just not working no matter how I approach it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:54:40 am by Grimoire LD »

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Well, this is SNESTL, but I clearly am not explaining this adequately. I'll make the patch for you.

December 06, 2014, 10:51:24 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well, I can't seem to apply the latest Combat Boost patch. Both Lunar and SNESTL are telling me it's not a valid IPS file (what is it with me and patches lately?) But the patch from the version I've been playing still works fine.
Assuming your latest version didn't make any changes to the 01/8000 (03/8000 LoROM) block, then this patch should work for you.
Remember: After you've made edits and saved in FF4kster, apply this patch to your ROM.

Just had a thought - did you or did you not put the latest User Options in the latest Combat Boost? Because that did make a couple of small changes to the block in question, related to the ATB meter...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:51:24 am by chillyfeez »

Latest Demo