News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Castlevania 3j Long Version with SRAM Support  (Read 26564 times)

TheRetromancer

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania 3j Long Version with SRAM Support
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2014, 04:03:54 pm »
If what Drakon does really bothers you, re-create what he's done and release it for free.

It does, and I am.  Correction, we are - the various teams with which I have aligned myself.  Everyone has different reasons for working on the hacks that we're recreating, but as I stated before, one of my reasons is my irritation at Drakon trying to sell his patches.  I will acknowledge that it's not, however, my main reason...but it is one of them.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2014, 06:24:22 pm »
Like I was saying there isn't much for "trying" going on here. For heck's sake, the least he could do is mention its price!
Don't get much more basic than that in selling a product.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:24 am »
I don't get the interest for SRAM support, since you can use either passwords or save states already. This hack would be completely useless anyway.

And yes, trying to sell a patch is outrageous and illegal, although I don't care much since nobody would buy it. I am more worried about the illegal reproductions of ROM hacks.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 05:26:20 am »
Quite honestly, I'd just like to see Drakon have a thread that isn't consistently derailed and necroposted in with criticisms of his decisions regarding distribution, and instead focus on the product of the work itself.

On that note, I also don't much care for SRAM support, but that might just be my nostalgia for putting in passwords.