News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PS1]Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere: text replacement  (Read 137870 times)

ProcyonDurandal

• View Profile
Re: [PS1]ACE COMBAT 3: text replacement (Jpn.->Eng.)
« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2015, 05:30:46 pm »
I downloaded the patch a few times , dragonspike , and am having trouble checksum .
Despite having an ISO with your same checksum , it gives me the error " checksum mismatch : XD3_INVALID_INPUT ".

I'm getting the same error message. I'm using an image  called "Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (J) (v1.1) (Disc 1) [SLPS-02020].bin.ecm". I tried this file and the .cue file, also by changing the extension of the image to .bin or .ecm.

Sirius-R

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 16, 2015, 09:23:02 am »
I'm getting the same error message. I'm using an image  called "Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (J) (v1.1) (Disc 1) [SLPS-02020].bin.ecm". I tried this file and the .cue file, also by changing the extension of the image to .bin or .ecm.

1) Get ECMTools
2) Apply Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (J) (v1.1) (Disc 1) [SLPS-02020].bin.ecm on unecm.exe
3) Now you have Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere (J) (v1.1) (Disc 1) [SLPS-02020].bin (no ".ecm" in the end; also is a larger file), do the magic to this file

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »
Hey guys, look who I talked :) !

Wishing you could do an interview !
What do you think dragonspike ?  ;D ;D
-AC3 Italian Translation Project-
http://ac3es.infrid.com/doku.php?id=start

OrientalComputer_1

niko_holder

• Power for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2015, 09:27:15 am »
Good one Man  ;) :thumbsup: ;D

Sirius-R

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2016, 10:10:25 am »
Any updates? Or are you still on a hiatus?

abovexbeyond

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 11, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »
Thanks for doing this DragonSpikeXIII - Sirius-R, and Ser Evergreen and others with all of your good info. Helped me get patched and flying rather quickly. Had some trouble finding an ISO with the right checksum for 1.1 that the patch would work on though. I'd love to see a patched Disc 2. It's amazing how much I lost in the NA version I grew up on.  :laugh:

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:57 pm »
- ITALIAN TRANSLATION -

Hi guys, how are you?
Today me and Niko_Holder , we start the translation of the english strings of AC3 Patch on italian language :P.
Is now available "awakening" full translated, let me know what you think :D !

LINK TO THE FOLDER OF TRANSLATION :
"https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4aJp0i1XB7MQ2p3U2tYX0NRTkU&usp=sharing"

And we create a facebook fan page with real-time status of translation, besides is also a fan page of this fantastic masterpiece!
https://www.facebook.com/ac3itaproject/?fref=nf
P.S All italian translation would be put on this google drive's folder!
P.S.S Google viewer have some problem with special character, so download the file and enjoy :D !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:51:31 pm by D.O.Eraven »

OrientalComputer_1

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2016, 03:33:58 am »
The Project ACES director currently has a poll on Twitter asking fans what Ace game they would like to see remade.
There is 6 days to go on the vote and AC3 is currently at 21%, please vote!
https://twitter.com/kazutoki/status/719922600281919489

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2016, 01:21:21 am »
Hello fellow pilots :P!
How are you?...Yesterday i've extract all the sound from AC3 Japanese version. Full quality sound with the amazing bgm, radio talk, breifing&debriefing and cutscene sound. So, here's the archive :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4aJp0i1XB7MbnhHVjVycFdfR2c

The pass is : simongeppetto01.

Hope you enjoy :-)

(For DragonSpike...)
P.S i found two interesting sound. One of this is called (dataswallowreset.wav) and another called RAREDUBBLOOPERS.wav (on DISK2 archive)....

OrientalComputer_1

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2016, 07:58:32 pm »
Just tried patching the SLPS-91214 to test it and see if it works but it refuses to go past the "Produced by Namco" screen. It doesn't even work with the original files.

I'll try talking to a team member about this and see if we can solve this problem.

This will not have any effect on our SLPS-02020~1 patches that are currently scheduled for a mid-December release.

The status on SLPS-02020 remains as fully working after patching and is currently being tested. SLPS-02021 doesn't have a full translation implemented yet, only an initial edit up to mission 43, but it's also confirmed as working after patching it at least up to the final decision point.

There's also some work being done on entries from the Search menu, menu titles excluded due to a glitch when editing them via GIMP. I think I'll need another editing tool for these and then hope it won't cause the colors the go crazy when the edited titles are on screen.

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2016, 05:00:42 pm »
Firstly, its good to finally see things back in action proper. I attempted to contact you when I saw the need for help you mentioned in your State of the Project 2016 post back in August, but I am glad that things managed to go well for you guys immediately after and allowed the project to pick up the pace again.  :cookie:

Onto the game, were you patching 1.0 or 1.1 into SLPS-91214? Considering we did face a little bit of kerfuffle back when we were transitioning from 1.0 to 1.1, maybe its worth checking again just to be sure. Additionally, it might be beneficial to have others here help you guys out by experimenting with patching it as well to see if we could get it to work some different way, or at least attempt to replicate any possible pattern to aid in debugging this (with that said, not sure if SLPS-9121x version is as available to people as 0202x one was, so might have to figure that out as well).

Hopefully things can be smooth sailing from here on out, at least for the main game translation of disc 2.  :thumbsup: 

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
Yes, absolutely, we are back and going full steam ahead towards the next big release, the big one.

Regarding the SLPS-91214, my first tests were made using the latest builds but I did as you suggested and tried applying the 1.1 patch to a personal rip of this version, MD5 checksum 30F7DCE98B6901290CB26C9BAF27268F .

I managed to apply the patch with success by using DeltaPatcherLite with "Checksum validation" off (go this from the Echo Night#2 readme, big thanks to them!) and I actually managed to get in-game, but the game locks up when it loads assets, in the case of a New Game this means the UPEO loading screen.

It locks up right at the end of the loading process, when the bar is full. In the past, one bad file would mean it could freeze before that, for reference. Also of interest, after the anime intro is over or skipped, if you don't press start, the game would normally start up an Attract Mode, but here a slim vertical line with garbled colors appeared and then the game locks up completely before we see the actual real-time gameplay video.

Judging by the slightly different file size, and the fact that I can access the first few menus and the anime intro video only, this can only mean there is a difference in the file structure and/or content that results in incompatibility with our current tools, which are based on just the SLPS-02020, which somehow I managed to get to work with Disc 2 (but not yet fully tested). I have already spoken to my team about this and we'll see what can be done about this in the future.

I too doubt that this will mean much to those at large, especially those who don't have a physical copy (and obviously not everyone has a copy of every single game that has a new fan-translation on the block) but I do remember one or two people who contacted me telling that's what they had on hand and with the reprint available to purchase used, it was and still is my hope to make our work even more accessible, especially to those who do have the actual discs. Who knows, maybe this reprint is technically better, as is the case sometimes, but without documentation or investigation, this remains unknown AFAIK.

Other than that, this week I'll be working on editing the rest of the missions from Disc 2 by myself and give it my best shot as I always have. In the meantime, Greenrose is currently working on the entirety of M39 Power for Life as well as a number of Search files, together with his friend Momomeno. Their translations are high-quality and they're extremely motivated, despite the difficulties in this endeavor which I've noted in the past.

After inserting my edits for these last Disc 2 missions, 44 up to 52, I'll be able to test it and say if it's working and if it's stable, like Disc 1 has been. For now I choose to remain cautious. The thing I like from the final missions, no matter which route, is they're dramatic and concise so I'll be coming back soon with reports on this.

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:37 pm »
Really exalted to see the project being in the hands of individuals that do care and are willing to dedicate time and effort into ensuring works are carried out and done properly. Such positive and constructive characters are frankly rare in this world, and thus should be respected, treasured and nurtured.

Do your best guys! And remember, should you need help in any manner or form, the community is here to lend a hand in any way we can to make sure it is done right. After all, we started from the humble beginning of reading an ad-hoc list of directly interpreted dialogue lines to where we are today, and a lot of us actually thought we would never have a chance to enjoy the game proper back then. As such, to finally bring this whole endeavor to fruition will be a triumph for all of us.

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2016, 11:44:43 pm »
Ok, so I just finished replacing the text from Cynthia's missions, all except one message that has some lines that I couldn't decipher. All in all, the process went way smoother than expected and the result will not only help save time during translation checks but a good part is definitely ready to go. Tested fine too.

Moving on to her little sister, I just took a look at the first mission from Fiona's path, and the first mission of her's Resistance starts off rather rough and hard to understand, but the rest is mostly good and definitely workable. They don't seem to have received the same level of attention as other parts but the other missions seem to be in good state, so I'll keep busy.

After I finish replacing the text of Fi's ending, there will be no more new material for me to replace. It really feels like the beginning of the end right now. It's kind of nostalgic after all these years but that's what we've all been working for, to finally reach this stage.

And by the way thank you for your very kind words Ser Evergreen, I'm sure the team appreciates the love and the cookies.  :)

EDIT/UPDATE: almost done with Fi's missions too. Half of Revenge and Sole Survivor left. After that, quality control continues, fixing typos, grammer, lines that go out of bounds, things like that.

EDIT/UPDATE#2:just finished replacing the final bit of text for Fi's story. Now it's all fixes, testing and such.

One month and one week until release and we're in the pipe, five by five.  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:06:02 am by DragonSpikeXIII »

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »
Wait, so the translation is finally nearing a full release?

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »
Yes, finally...

:woot!:

:crazy:

:cookie:

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:20 am »
A small but important update on the stability of the patched Disc 2 to say Cynthia and Fiona's route work just fine with no hiccups anywhere. I wonder if those 30mb from Disc 2's original BPB are just junk.

Anyway, dropping by to post some stuff about the upcoming 2.0 release, sort of a change list, read at your own peril:

- Continuing from 1.1, I'm ramping up my efforts to respect the official terminology down to a T. Main sources being the in-game Search glossary and the books I bought years ago (these turned out to be really useful after all). Fresh examples are the word "Nano-bite" from mission 13, which during the actual mission is just "nanobite" without the dash even though everywhere else it has the dash, clearly due to space restriction, and what was translated as "bacteriological weapon" in the 1.1  version of mission 8 is now "bio-chemical weapon" as in the official book's notes for that mission. These are just two of a much larger number, thanks to AC3's rich futuristic setting, and they will all be respected as much as possible.

- As a sort of silver-lining to the utter garbage that is the US version, some of its text has also proved useful. In some cases where the mission objectives didnt change, I've found the briefings, mission update and debriefings to be actually quite handy when I found our old HTML script to be lacking. There won't be too many instances of this, but it does help fill in a few holes here and there while I edit on my own.

One such example is mission 19: for 1.1 "...control over..." became "...demilitarize..." and for 2.0 "control facilities" will be the more accurate "installations" while in the debriefing "suppress" will be slightly changed to "reduced Megafloat's defenses" as a result (the HTML script even had it as "gain control in the invasion of Megafloat." which never happens and was a rather confusing mistranslation at first)

- In the plane selection screen, "Dogfighting", which I took from the US version for testing and just left it there, has been changed to "Fighter" for conformity since all the other description I'd included were based on what the devs used in-game and in the books.

Not a big deal IMHO but one particular exception is in Disc 2, where the Remora and the Sepia use the same texture file for their respective descriptions. In Japanese this might not be a problem but it does cause one for us anglophones because one is a Strato Fighter and the other a Star Fighter (official English names, which can be seen to the left in the same screen and in the books). Currently I'm thinking of using "Special Fighter" or "Special Ops". This is only a problem in Disc 2, with Disc 1's Blackbird keeping its Strato Fighter name.

- After receiving Greenrose's translations, I'm now being more flexible with regard to the word メール (lit. mail). It'll range from mail, to message to videomail on a case-by-case basis instead of translating it strictly as "v-mail" every single time.

- The japanese word 作戦 will be translated just as "operation" instead of "mission" and sometimes operation as is the case in 1.1. This was a misguided attempt by me to differentiate between bigger and smaller missions but this has been fixed. The japanese word for mission, 任務, remains "mission" in 2.0.

- The 2nd page of the news bulletin from the beginning of mission 9 has been fixed. The text reads properly now.

- The same goes for grammar errors that were found in patch 1.1, such as when Dision says "until we change world" at the end of mission 26 (this one made me laugh when I caught it though, gotta admit). There were a few more here and there but that's the only I remember off the top of my head.

Me and Greenrose are both play-testing the next release in order to at the very least minimize such mistakes in the text. If any should slip by us, they will be fixed right away.

- The last also goes for a number of lines which are present in the texture files for the radio chatter of a not--that-small number of missions. I managed to transcribe and translate 3 out of 5 lines in the case of mission 34 since that was the only mission where the so-called hidden lines actually showed up (3 out of 5 in this case). If anyone should see a message with  --- or -  as the only subtitles during gameplay, let me know and I'll at least try to transcribe them (the source file is incredibly low-res though so no guarantees).

- Regarding profanity, the word くそ kuso will range from damn, crap and shit depending on the translator's choices for each instance and won't be just translated as something related to feces every time as I did for 1.1.

- The short bit of text from mission 19, where the news cast goes to Keith to ask him about what he thinks of the player, I tried thinking of a workaround to get the last bit of text to be the proper and lighter tone of black, but then I still had to trouble I think with the file's header because the colors went all crazy during testing. Not a big deal since it's just a handful of lines that last a few seconds only, but this little issue persists atm.

- Oddly enough, my old test file that I used to see if translating the title Rena Hirose's Search entry was technically feasible with current tools, didn't cause the colors to go all glitchy last time I checked. It still looked really ugly due to the shift to Index mode, nowhere near the nice edges found in the titles that use the alphabet. For another time, until I find the right tool for this subset of files.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:02:45 am by DragonSpikeXIII »

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2016, 09:59:34 am »
Making new strides towards the game's interface and menus:

First up, the Data Swallow logo, (reference)

Mission menu also got a revamp, (reference)

As did those for Search and Archive:

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2016, 12:58:41 am »
Good news, bad news-style post today:

Good news is the Search menu titles have all been translated in-game,

bad news is three of those now cause the game to freeze, these are the victims: "Neucom Inc.", "Neucom's history and facts", "Opto-Neuron".

crazyrexz

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2016, 11:34:13 pm »
good to see ace combat 3 in english, hope you can finish it till end mr dragonspike, good luck