News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PS1]Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere: text replacement  (Read 136153 times)

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
Re: [PS1]ACE COMBAT 3: text replacement (Jpn.->Eng.)
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2016, 05:52:59 am »
good to see ace combat 3 in english, hope you can finish it till end mr dragonspike, good luck

Thank you so much for going through the trouble of registering just to wish me, and by extension my team, good luck.

I'd like to use this opportunity to say the translation is coming together really well and if you liked our previous release, you're gonna love this one, no doubt about it!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:11:17 am by DragonSpikeXIII »

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
Re: [PS1]ACE COMBAT 3: text replacement (Jpn.->Eng.) (RELEASED!)
« Reply #301 on: December 14, 2016, 04:58:22 am »
On this monumental day of the project, I can finally say with certainty the very sentiment that the rest of our community has already and wholeheartedly expressed: our dream of seeing Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere in English proper, a dream that many of us used to perceive as an impossibility all these years, has now become a meaningful and tangible reality. This dream might have been small and niche in the grand scheme of the video game industry and life at large, but one thing for certain: its fulfillment has not only provided great warmth to our existence, but also renewed vigor and hope for a better future of humanity and life amidst (and there I say, against) the bleak transpiring of events in the world at the moment.

Now, with the release of the full game's translation proper, next will come countless amount of both enjoyment and playtesting on the community's end, and I believe during this process we will discover more instances for improvement to the release that can be iterated in the future. In this regard, will we still keep and operate this RHDN topic as the repository for such reports? I hope it can be the case so that we can reach the best possible state of quality and completeness for the translation.

Once again, I wish to express on behalf of our dream, the extreme gratitude and respect for every single member of Team NEMO, current or past, that has ever participated and contributed their time, effort, and passion to this endeavor.

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:04:40 am by Ser Evergreen »

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #302 on: December 14, 2016, 05:17:55 am »
Now, with the release of the full game's translation proper, next will come countless amount of both enjoyment and playtesting on the community's end, and I believe during this process we will discover more instances for improvement to the release that can be iterated in the future. In this regard, will we still keep and operate this RHDN topic as the repository for such reports? I hope it can be the case so that we can reach the best possible state of quality and completeness for the translation.

Yea, you can use this thread to give us feedback and point out mistakes that need fixing, like people did last year with the Disc 1-only patch. So the current v2.0 release, while a major milestone, doesn't change anything as far as this thread goes.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2016, 12:16:37 pm »
OH GOD, I AM GETTING THIS NOW

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2016, 06:41:21 am »
Yea, you can use this thread to give us feedback and point out mistakes that need fixing, like people did last year with the Disc 1-only patch. So the current v2.0 release, while a major milestone, doesn't change anything as far as this thread goes.

Glad to hear that!

Another thing that I have been wondering about now that we have released the full game: If its possible, whenever there is an update iteration released for the translation as a whole, can we start posting release announcement and its information here to serve both as de-facto change-log and as referential material when we report issues to make it more clear and avoid confusion? This stems mainly from the observable fact that people have been using USEA Today's comment section for this purpose, which can get messy down the line if we are not careful about it.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27:17 am »
Yes apparently 2.0 is already outdated and a newer patch with fixed ending is supposed to be out (soon)?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:49:20 am by Alcahest »

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
Yea, v2.0 has received a small but very important fix which was released two days ago so if you downloaded it on the 14th, download it again. Things got pretty hectic at the end and, funny enough, the only thing I didn't play-test during the days before release was that ending, which now completely is readable from beginning to end.  I also took that opportunity to put back a missing period in M07, change a semi-colon (that I hate) to an em dash, and switch "Mission" to the correct "Operation" in M10's debriefing.

AFAIK the most glaring and important error has been fixed, but if anyone finds garbled text somewhere else again, just let me know.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2016, 06:07:50 pm »
Thanks for the update and precisions DSXIII, I highly suggest to change the ver. number to something like 2.0.1 or major confusion will ensue, guaranteed.

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2016, 06:37:37 pm »
I get where you're coming from but I just consider 2.0 to be fixed now. A similar thing happened when 1.1 was published, I saw a very early video of it on YouTube where the radio chatter for Scylla and Charybdis had grey background and black text and quickly fixed it.

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
That's precisely what version number is for ^^;
Without seeing your post above I wouldn't have known, please at least make it clear in the blog entry, not a message lost in comments or here where most users won't check.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2016, 07:59:55 pm »
Agreed - I only noticed the new fix because I looked at the 'new hacks' update.

Enjoying what I see so far, though I did have a bit of trouble with the untranslated menus at the beginning.

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2016, 08:06:36 pm »
That's precisely what version number is for ^^;
Without seeing your post above I wouldn't have known, please at least make it clear in the blog entry, not a message lost in comments or here where most users won't check.

Agreed - I only noticed the new fix because I looked at the 'new hacks' update.

Done  :)

Enjoying what I see so far, though I did have a bit of trouble with the untranslated menus at the beginning.

I'm sorry about the menus that are still in Japanese, they're out of my reach and I can't translate them if I can't find them. Me and my team did what we could with what we had.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »
I don't know anything about how Playstation works, but do you have a map of what you've managed to find/convert/verify and see what hasn't been touched using that?

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2016, 08:46:56 pm »
I wouldn't have said that without having checked every file at my disposal beforehand, multiple times even as I've done during the past few years so I could gauge how much was doable, what was and what wasn't.

choinheap

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 18, 2016, 12:44:05 pm »
Emulation issue - Disc 2 seems to crash for me on Retroarch + Mednafen. Makes swapping discs after the Fiona choice part difficult as "appending disk" seems to just crash the emu. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2016, 07:49:59 am »
Emulation issue - Disc 2 seems to crash for me on Retroarch + Mednafen. Makes swapping discs after the Fiona choice part difficult as "appending disk" seems to just crash the emu. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.

I'm no good at troubleshooting technical matters, but have you considered using a different emulator? I have two emu/config combos that I use myself, posted here. The game looks just like I remember it looking on my old PSOne on a CRT TV, many eons ago.

Also use SCPH-1001 as your BIOS since using a different one appears to break more than the 3 Search terms that I listed in the readme as non-working. (thanks to user Have4NiceDay for discovering this!)

EDIT: forgot to specify that the ePSXe config currently on there is still the old one for use with Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, which is nice overall but the reflections of the sun are off. The new ePSXe has a new plugin called Core GPU and with that one the sun reflections are just they look on the PSX.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:24:02 am by DragonSpikeXIII »

SCO

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2016, 08:26:39 pm »
It's possible it's this: https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/121

I'd assume not, considering that the first disc doesn't have trouble. But the guy that happened to can check with the console output during the crash (or you).

December 23, 2016, 12:12:59 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
BTW could you give the last md5 of the isos after hardpatching so i can check if i patched with the last version or not? I patched about last week but forgot the day exactly.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:12:59 pm by SCO »

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #317 on: December 23, 2016, 01:23:40 pm »
Here are the MD5 checksums of v2.0 with the fixed ending update (Dec 15th update):

Disc 1: 15f7580eebae2fab6381a4c65450a75f

Disc 2: b075b732f61371efe680323c21390204

SCO

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2016, 04:02:59 pm »
Thanks, i was outdated. I also suggest bumping minor versions whenever a public release is modified. Stealth updates might sound less troublesome, but they're actually harmful.

DragonSpikeXIII

• View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #319 on: December 23, 2016, 04:26:13 pm »
I wouldn't worry about that anymore. Stealth updates are something I've only done on day one for this and last year's release and after this last big release, featuring both discs, it's safe to say that's all in the past now. Any future updates, like say one that translates the credits scroll in-game for example, will receive their own version numbers, announcements, updated readme, and all that.