News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PS1]Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere: text replacement (next ver. coming soon)  (Read 109671 times)

DragonSpikeXIII

• Team NEMO
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
Re: [PS1]ACE COMBAT 3: text replacement (Jpn.->Eng.)
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2015, 01:26:02 am »
It's super simple.

If disc1 of your set has MD5: 86fd694677098d26909086895404f571
then your set is 1.0

If disc1 of your set has MD5: 30f7dce98b6901290cb26c9baf27268f
then your set is 1.1

So both your sets are 1.1.

"pure" jpn release: japanese release for the japanese market.
In contrast to SCPS which is the japanese release for the chinese market.

While pure "jpn" release can be either 1.0 or 1.1, it seems SCPS release only come in 1.1, so compatible with the patch.

That's about it ^^;

I agree that it's simple, it just seems we have conflicting sources/information. You seem to know how to check if an image is "1.0" or "1.1", as I said before I'd be glad to check my files for 1.0s or 1.1s, more information can only help. Do you know of any such program that can do this?

If I do have a 1.1 Japanese release, then the SCPS release is supported but I'll need someone to report back before I can include this in the readme as officially compatible. I can't include it just because of hearsay, I'm sure you'll understand. I'm available to analyze my copies but mine are SLPS, so it's a different release.

Reply to ser evergreen:

My copies clearly show SLPS-02020~1, no SCPS anywhere, and they even say "for Japan Only" and are also marked Not for Resale (both, but there are Rental versions out there). Google search shows the SCPS version as having slightly different information in the back cover, completely different from my copies.

You can even find a scan of Disc 1 I made years ago in my picasa gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qFGV80NwJSHDOv51qLgrRdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Clearly marked disc, packaging, all in line with the regular Japanese release.

I can't be any more clear than this, I've been repeating the same information for a while now. This is my source, first-hand, and I stand by it. Somehow this seems to be conflicting with your information but what is your source and what release of AC3 do you have? This is important if we're to discuss and understand this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:31:33 am by DragonSpikeXIII »

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2015, 01:53:05 am »
Okay Dragonspike, i make my copies of two version of AC3 .
First of all, Both copies of AC3 have inside the TOC , the same executable code .
Both the PS TheBest , both the standard version have the code SLPS 02020 .
The result of my image are :

02020 (GENUINE DISC) - 699.454KB/ 716.240.448 / MD5 : 0191be8a064a64be4f80d62b29e0fa8e
91214 (GENUINE DISC) - 699.454KB/ 716.240.448 / MD5 : 86fd694677098d26909086895404f571

Then .... there is a mess of information :'( !
-AC3 Italian Translation Project-
http://ac3es.infrid.com/doku.php?id=start

OrientalComputer_1

DragonSpikeXIII

• Team NEMO
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2015, 01:59:58 am »
Okay Dragonspike, i make my copies of two version of AC3 .
First of all, Both copies of AC3 have inside the TOC , the same executable code .
Both the PS TheBest , both the standard version have the code SLPS 02020 .
The result of my image are :

02020 (GENUINE DISC) - 699.454KB/ 716.240.448 / MD5 : 0191be8a064a64be4f80d62b29e0fa8e
91214 (GENUINE DISC) - 699.454KB/ 716.240.448 / MD5 : 86fd694677098d26909086895404f571

Then .... there is a mess of information :'( !

Thank you for chipping in, raven. I'll take note of this for future reference, so it's a possibility that we at Project NEMO might have to take additional versions of the same release into consideration (time and crew allowing).

I wouldn't call this a mess, don't worry. I remember when the Front Mission 2 project was active and IIRC they managed to prepare patches for different releases (i.e. SLPS-#), maybe even versions of the same release. If the need arises I hope we'll be able to do the same.

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2015, 02:30:34 am »
Thank you for chipping in, raven. I'll take note of this for future reference, so it's a possibility that we at Project NEMO might have to take additional versions of the same release into consideration (time and crew allowing).

I wouldn't call this a mess, don't worry. I remember when the Front Mission 2 project was active and IIRC they managed to prepare patches for different releases (i.e. SLPS-#), maybe even versions of the same release. If the need arises I hope we'll be able to do the same.
We hope everything goes to plan!
So guys , we talk to you later ! ( In Italy it is 8 am and are awake by 3 XD )
As soon as I wake up , I have a surprise for you to see ! :)
A particular version of AC3 translated from RGR studio!

OrientalComputer_1

DragonSpikeXIII

• Team NEMO
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2015, 02:32:15 am »
We hope everything goes to plan!
So guys , we talk to you later ! ( In Italy it is 8 am and are awake by 3 XD )
As soon as I wake up , I have a surprise for you to see ! :)
A particular version of AC3 translated from RGR studio!

Wow, that's crazy man, good night/morning I guess!

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store!

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2015, 04:54:36 am »
I agree that it's simple, it just seems we have conflicting sources/information. You seem to know how to check if an image is "1.0" or "1.1", as I said before I'd be glad to check my files for 1.0s or 1.1s, more information can only help. Do you know of any such program that can do this?

If I do have a 1.1 Japanese release, then the SCPS release is supported but I'll need someone to report back before I can include this in the readme as officially compatible. I can't include it just because of hearsay, I'm sure you'll understand. I'm available to analyze my copies but mine are SLPS, so it's a different release.

Reply to ser evergreen:

My copies clearly show SLPS-02020~1, no SCPS anywhere, and they even say "for Japan Only" and are also marked Not for Resale (both, but there are Rental versions out there). Google search shows the SCPS version as having slightly different information in the back cover, completely different from my copies.

You can even find a scan of Disc 1 I made years ago in my picasa gallery: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qFGV80NwJSHDOv51qLgrRdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Clearly marked disc, packaging, all in line with the regular Japanese release.

I can't be any more clear than this, I've been repeating the same information for a while now. This is my source, first-hand, and I stand by it. Somehow this seems to be conflicting with your information but what is your source and what release of AC3 do you have? This is important if we're to discuss and understand this.

At first, I thought I was having SLPS-02020 actually, but taking a closer look into the disc's content revealed that they got a datetime tag of 1999-05-27, which corresponds to the release date of SCPS-45397. When I voiced this disparity up, including the fact that there was also the metadata SLPS_020.20.bin included in the disc, Alcahest cleared it up that 1.1 is pretty much a 1 to 1 copy of 1.0, with a tiny bit of change to it. This, coupled with the details of the change provided by D.O.Eraven, I am now convinced that I in fact have SCPS-45397.

Now that we know what that tiny bit of change is, thanks to D.O.Eraven, you can simply complete Mission 9 to invoke a disc 2 change and see if the disc change graphics corresponds to 1.0 or 1.1's. Of course, you can also try to redump it and re-verify checksum again, both MD5 and SHA-1 just to be absolutely sure.

All the posts relevant to what I mentioned here can be found back Page 12, Reply #232 to #236. Hope this could be of help to you.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:00:51 am by Ser Evergreen »

DragonSpikeXIII

• Team NEMO
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2015, 05:23:49 am »
At first, I thought I was having SLPS-02020 actually, but taking a closer look into the disc's content revealed that they got a datetime tag of 1999-05-27, which corresponds to the release date of SCPS-45397. When I voiced this disparity up, including the fact that there was also the metadata SLPS_020.20.bin included in the disc, Alcahest cleared it up that 1.1 is pretty much a 1 to 1 copy of 1.0, with a tiny bit of change to it. This, coupled with the details of the change provided by D.O.Eraven, I am now convinced that I in fact have SCPS-45397.

Now that we know what that tiny bit of change is, thanks to D.O.Eraven, you can simply complete Mission 9 to invoke a disc 2 change and see if the disc change graphics corresponds to 1.0 or 1.1's. Of course, you can also try to redump it and re-verify checksum again, both MD5 and SHA-1 just to be absolutely sure.

All the posts relevant to what I mentioned here can be found back Page 12, Reply #232 to #236. Hope this could be of help to you.

How can I check the meta-data of my images, this is something I'd love to do to get a better understanding of what I have with me. What programs are you using?

Things such as the SLPS-# and the release date are a good start if they can be seen inside the image. One thing I wonder though is why the 1999-05-27 would correspond to the Chinese release date when the game was advertised in Japan as being released there on that day.

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2015, 06:41:19 am »
Good morning guys!
Today , many thoughts tormented me and I decided to make another copy of the ISO AC3 ( I own 2 x SLPS 02020 , 1 x SLPS 91214 , 1 x SCPS 45397 ) .
I've insert the disc and create a .ISO with IMGBurn (which I never entered into my Laptop ) and guess what ? .... The MD5 and size of ISO match your version , dragonspike .

02020 ( GENUINE - Another copy) : 699.500 / 716.287.488 byte / MD5 : 30f7dce98b6901290cb26c9baf27268f
I'm really scared, guys....

By the way...here's the date of my AC3 COPY :

COPY 1 (SLPS 02020-1) : DATE Thursday 20/05/1999 04:00:00
COPY 2 (SLPS 02020-1) : DATE Thursday 27/05/1999 03:20:00
COPY 3 (SLPS 91214-5) : DATE Thursday 20/05/1999 04:00:00
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:55:56 am by D.O.Eraven »

OrientalComputer_1

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2015, 06:54:14 am »
The metadata I mentioned is the standard way developers implement it into PlayStation 1's game, so this is strictly format-dependent and only relevant to our game or any other PlayStation 1 game at the moment, not in a general sense (besides, any file format would have their own way to implement data, metadata, and have their own properties and quirks).

Going back to our focus at hand, all that I have mentioned about the disc's contents are simply about the actual files in the disc, and as such they can be easily observed with any program capable of parsing disc image format, as long as the data integrity of the whole image itself is not off. For example, below is how the disc's contents look like from Windows's File Explorer, reading the disc directly being parsed in from the optical drive:

Here is another look from UltraISO, reading the CloneCD formatted rip of the disc:

As for the release date, I referenced the same information from redump.org, so its possible that something is misplaced here. Coupled that with what D.O.Eraven tried, maybe how Namco published the game was not as straight-forward as it should.

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2015, 06:57:03 am »
Interesting :D...here's the date of my AC3 COPY, Ser evergreen ;) :

COPY 3 (SLPS 91214-5) : DATE Thursday 20/05/1999 04:00:00

P.S happened to me a very strange thing .
With the first copy SLPS 02020 , the image I created it right away , it was a lightning thing .
With the second copy SLPS 02020 , drive was about 5-7 minutes to create it .

OrientalComputer_1

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2015, 07:01:03 am »

Huh...

Maybe Alchahest's comment of "While "pure" jpn release can either be 1.0 or 1.1" could actually be part of what happened here.

P.S happened to me a very strange thing .
With the first copy SLPS 02020 , the image I created it right away , it was a lightning thing .
With the second copy SLPS 02020 , drive was about 5-7 minutes to create it .

That's even more interesting...and I have a little idea about what to try here. Do you have any unmodded PlayStation console with the laser-head and rotor in good working condition to try both of these discs and see if anything weird happens?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:07:01 am by Ser Evergreen »

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2015, 07:09:32 am »
Oh yeah Evergreen, i have 2 japanese PlayStation model but are in the box and I can not take them at the time.
But that's okay any PS unmodified ?
Because if it is so I can do some testing :)
Still you think that there is some manufacturing defect ?

OrientalComputer_1

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2015, 07:13:10 am »
The reason why I emphasized that the console should be unmodded is so that, if there is any possible chance of it happening, we can rely on the console built-in DRM engine to get triggered by something related to data integrity of the discs and maybe figure out what's going on from there. Just a little idea to try out, not sure if it could even help with anything.

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2015, 07:19:00 am »
Interesting ! Moreover, when you do a .ISO slowly , most likely is well :) ! !
Anyway I finished the video version of AC3 translated into Russian by RGR study !
Today , I write to you all ! :)

OrientalComputer_1

DragonSpikeXIII

• Team NEMO
    • View Profile
    • Project NEMO
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2015, 07:21:34 am »
Thanks for yet another report, raven, your collection is turning out to be really useful. I suppose that's the copy you successfully patched yesterday seeing as the MD5's match?

Maybe more versions of the same SLPS release really do exist in AC3's case, after all... at least, it's starting to look that way.

My first idea of how to go about this would be to gather information regarding these different versions (which you're helping with) and that I work in tandem with you or people who have these different versions to prepare .xdeltas that work with each one of these releases and host them as possible alternatives.

To ser evergreen:

How did I not think of that? Geez, I just mounted one of my burned images and I can see this meta data just like in your pictures (I really need to get some rest...). I see 1999-05-27 just like in your picture, this being the result I expected since this is indeed the Japanese release date so nothing weird going on here. I can also see 020.20 which is correct and no surprises here.

I had to play a bit of AC3 but I got to M09, tried it multiple times, and I got the bottom picture that raven posted (indicated by him as the SCPS version, which this one is not). From memory I thought this would be the case as I've never seen the other variation, but that's just my copy/ies and doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to see it.

I also checked a couple of playthroughs made by Japanese players and on one I saw the Disc Change screen, on the other I saw the one I got with just the Check O.K. text. So both are out there, not a big deal if playing vanilla but something to keep an eye out for here.

D.O.Eraven

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2015, 07:26:25 am »
Yeah, Dragonspike, it works like a charm!
NO PROBLEMO!

August 01, 2015, 08:03:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
ACE COMBAT 3 RGR STUDIO ver.
In Russia, the famous RGR STUDIO (amateur group who translated the games PS1) he has also put his hands on ACE COMBAT 3 in the Japanese version. Unfortunately you can only find the CD1 (v 1.0) of this release.
But let's see the details of this version:

1) The TOC of the disc
By opening the image with Daemon Tools I discovered that there is a file in more than name AC2.SPH (what is still unknown). The disc takes the name of "COMPILATION BETA1"

2) Translations of .TIM
The RGR Studio has done a wonderful job with the translation of the graphic, the menu interface of the game. They are done very well and there are no shades or bug details, except being a beta has its related bugs as: translation of all graphics, lack of video and etc .....

3) Dubbing in Russian:
Exactly, they were able to insert items into Russian during movies, videos, breifing and notices via HUD.
The video shows everything in all its excellence. Hope will be of some help or inspiration, project nemo :)!

https://youtu.be/izJ1jOtNDjE
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:03:39 am by D.O.Eraven »

OrientalComputer_1

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2015, 08:09:54 am »
Found a couple of text texture glitches for 1.1:

1/ Mission 7 - No Clearance: There is a Unicode presentation bit being left in Rena's last dialogue part with Dision:

2/ Mission 9 - Scylla and Charybdis: The 2nd page of the news section before the mission got stretched, not rendering properly:

Other than those two, nothing game-breaking, fortunately.  :cookie:

Sonic2_3

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2015, 02:05:24 am »
Help me plz idk how to patch DX :'(

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:49 am »
Help me plz idk how to patch DX :'(

No offense to this guy, but I'm starting to think there should be a "patching" forum somewhere.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Ser Evergreen

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2015, 11:03:32 am »
No offense to this guy, but I'm starting to think there should be a "patching" forum somewhere.

Its probably best for the Project Nemo team to post a little instruction on their blog, or on the patch download page on ROMhacking here, especially since the patching process has gotten much simpler with their 1.1 release as .xdelta file.

@Sonic2_3: To patch the game, download xdeltaUI on ROMhacking here and run it. You will see the "Apply Patch" tab, which is what you need to use. Point "Patch" path to where you store the 1.1 .xdelta file, "Source File" to where you store your ripped AC3 disc image, and "Output File" to where you want the patched image to be. If no issue comes up, the disc image will be patched in short order and ready to be played, simple as that.