Hey guys, it's update time.
I've finished consolidating the first TIMs that me and Dashman were working on a few weeks ago. All have been edited and as of this writing almost all have been tested. These text images are the ones that anyone can access with jPSXdec or TIM2View.
- the in-game introduction, which can be seen at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmmZHgqyGug
- all endings where there is actual dialogue. One never had subs, so all endings are accounted for. Endings A and B are on Disc 1, the others on Disc 2.
Fun facts: Dision's ending has two lines at the start that aren't displayed in the game. The first actual line is a summary of those two lines. pmt7ar helped identify these lines.
- Rena/Dision cut-scene from Mission 16 "Broken Wings" (not M15 like in the video), Disc 2, which can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZinfBI4QD4
- Fiona/Cynthia cut-scene from Mission 43 "Utopian Dreams", Disc 2.
- Cynthia/Dision cut-scene from Mission 44 "Reality Distortion". This one's a little bit funny, the text image for this one has a couple of lines out of order at the end, but they display correctly nonetheless (still needs to be tested with Eng. subs), Disc 2.
After these were done, I moved on to editing and testing the TIMs that esperknight skllfully extracted from the .BPB.
His ac3 toolkit for Disc 1 coupled with Dashman's ac3 TIM editing suite are the main tools I'm using. Other important tools are TIMView Plus, Tim2View, timviewer and usenti.
What I'm working on right now is editing and testing about 350 TIMs (rough estimate). These include, in this order: briefings/debriefings, dialogue, data swallow TV broadcasts and some other dialogue that uses different colors.
Things are going smoothly and looking up but at this point this still doesn't mean -100% translation- as there is some text that is yet to be found and extracted. I've brought this to esperknight's attention so we'll see what we can do about that.
Last but not least, in-game tests have all been successful up until now. Text displays correctly though the game is little tricky in how it handles the TIM images, it cuts off some of the right side of the TIMs so that means I can't use all 256 pixels of width. This was never going to be problem when writing in Japanese but for us it matters as we're going to need every pixel we can get.
By the way, anyone got the last and final version of Tim View Plus? I lost mine a couple of weeks ago thanks to a PC failure and all links are gone, it was a very good program and had some important features that could make progress faster. All I have now is an older version which lacks many of the features I've relied on since work on ac3 began.