News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragoon X Help  (Read 2690 times)

amerk

• View Profile
Dragoon X Help
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:30:24 am »
I know, this hack is old and I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been playing it for awhile now and find it quite charming. I think I've covered 3/4 of the world, if I base it on the original Dragon Warrior game, and so far there is one thing I haven't figured out.

Where is that darn Ankh?

I'm assuming the Ankh is the equivalent to the Fairy Flute in DW, which was originally located in Kol (Nico Resort in this game), but I can't find it anywhere. I'm given all sorts of clues, but I haven't figured it out yet.

1. I have a Sapphire Ring that when used says "The fake man in Usand." I've seen some interesting folks in Usand, but nobody I can call fake.
2. In Usand, somebody makes the claim that somebody else had the Ankh on him. Also in Usand, somebody tells me to search the sign for a sign.
3. In Nico Resort (north of Usand and the Swamp Cave), somebody tells me a man died in one of the rooms, and that he was going on about the Ankh.

I've searched each room, extinguished my keys on all the locked doors, searched each store/inn sign, and still nothing.

If somebody's played this game recently, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Sliver X

• EX•CINERIBVS•IGNIS•EXCITABITVR
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
Re: Dragoon X Help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:55:51 pm »
I spent so much more time on Omega than the original that I'm somewhat fuzzy on DX, but if I recall correctly the Ankh is still in the bed where said person died: Search it.

The "Fake Man in Usand" refers to a robot that gives the coordinates for the NukTek ID, required to build the bomb that opens the final dungeon. The final dungeon is something I wish I'd have made far simpler to find. There's a tile of mountain a single unit thick northwest of Usand: The bomb has to be activated there to blow it out of the way.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:19:44 pm »
Sliver, you probably don’t hear this often enough, but I think it’s pretty cool that you personally support a product that is by now older than some of the people who post here :thumbsup:
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

amerk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:55:22 pm »
This gives me something to work with, and at least tells me I'm somewhat on the right path. I definitely plan to tackle the Omega games next, once I'm finished with Dragoon X.

Thanks for replying back so quick on this.

amerk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 12:39:33 am »
After what seemed like ages, I finally found it. Honestly, I took a break from the game until much recently. It was a random search, to be honest, because there aren't any beds to search in this game.

For anybody else who may be struggling, the Ankh is in Nico Resort in the locked room on the northern side of the town, the room that is to the left of the room with the lady in it. Unlock the door, and then search where the door once was.

Sliver X

• EX•CINERIBVS•IGNIS•EXCITABITVR
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 01:59:41 pm »
Yeah, wow, I really don't remember all that much about the first DX.

On that note, the end game doesn't even involve the mountain needing to be blown out of the way: I think you have to get parts to fix a bridge in the usual area where the Rainbow Drop was used.

amerk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:08 pm »
Yeah, I started to realize you were getting this mixed up with Omega. After seeing some videos of that game, I suspect it's a remake of this one; but I'm committed to finishing this first before tackling the Omega versions.

Still, I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions.