News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha REVIVAL 1.3 IS OUT!  (Read 3948 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha REVIVAL 1.3 IS OUT!
« on: January 07, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »

Update By: Chippy2000

Once again, the Revival of Pokemon Gold's beta and alpha stages presses on, and to an extent of reviving the Safari Zone!

The Safari Zone has all the unused fleeing Pokemon, and many Pokemon you would see in the Red/Blue Safari Zone but is still having more Pokemon added. It's even accessible!

This hack contains all but one Pokemon, the Japanese Jynx and has every Kanto Pokemon's beta name. Every map is finished, and even a few unused things are re-used but there are still a few to be done that require implementing.

This hack is updated frequently, with 1.3 being the biggest not including 1.3b, 1.3b2 and 1.3SilentHills since they were betas/indevs.

The picture shown is the player's edited sprite which is now a girl that is meant to be similar to the beta girl.

The Related URL is the Facebook Page for this ROM Hack where all the latest updates, help ads, bug announcements to warn others and everything to do with the game's development are.

I hope you will enjoy this hack.

Relevant Link: (https://www.facebook.com/PokeMonBetaAlphaRevival)

Celice

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha REVIVAL 1.3 IS OUT!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:15 pm »
I'm all for people making and editing some of their favorite games... but I don't think this hack author really understands what a beta/alpha state is? It seems like most of the edits are fairly arbitrary and don't really have anything to do with early versions of these games, or has any evidence on which to recreate such an experience :(

Chippy2000

• I'm the CREATOR Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha Revival!
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha REVIVAL 1.3 IS OUT!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:29 am »
I'm all for people making and editing some of their favorite games... but I don't think this hack author really understands what a beta/alpha state is? It seems like most of the edits are fairly arbitrary and don't really have anything to do with early versions of these games, or has any evidence on which to recreate such an experience :(

Actually, on bulbapedia look up it's beta stages. The hard stuffs coming soon. I can't edit the moves. It's not like a gba game. I'm doing my best and I've modernized the game's beta/proto maps using the default tileset. After looking up the real beta on Bulbapedia you'll see where i'm coming from.
COO of The Chippy Cooperation (TCC)

I'm...just here...floating in space and stuff...