News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: English Release for Wizardry Gaiden I - Suffering of The Queen  (Read 7308 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: mrrichard999

After months of hard work, here is the release for Wizardry Gaiden - Suffering of The Queen for the Game Boy system. 99% of the game has been translated and is fully playable. Many of the Wizardry games have not been translated to English and this one is a great classic in the Gaiden 4-Part series. Following this project, a patch release for Wizardry Gaiden II - Curse of The Ancient Emperor is also coming close to its completion. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2095/)

ZarethKnyght

• View Profile
Thank you! I've been hoping someone would get this translated. Can't wait to start it tomorrow.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Thanks :) We are working on the Gaiden II right now. Hope to finish it off soon. Then we will move on to Gaiden III.

ZarethKnyght

• View Profile
Edit: Nvm, found the full alphabet in the other area.  I guess the first part was the original japanese.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Unfortunately the lettering for the alternative font is laid out a bit weird in the character selection. It was due to an issue with setting up the Map display screen to look correct.

reyvgm

• View Profile
mrrichard999, do you happen to have a save file or save state at the last boss? I would like to record the last boss and ending since this is a rare game :)

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
I unfortunately do not, I'll ask Tangyi_Chan if he has one he could send me.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
My mistake, a mis-post.

Now that I have a post here though, I would have to say that even from the screenshots on this page, you seriously need to proofread what you do and hold yourself to a higher grammatical and punctuation bar.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
My mistake, a mis-post.

Now that I have a post here though, I would have to say that even from the screenshots on this page, you seriously need to proofread what you do and hold yourself to a higher grammatical and punctuation bar.

If I didn't have restrictions on lines and knew more about pointers, I could do better than that. It painstaking when you have so many letters to fit on so many lines for a dialogue box. My know-how on expanding sentences in those situations is very limited :P.

demilich

• View Profile
Thank you for wonderful translation, guys. Just wanted to ask: do you by chance intend to finish translation of Gaiden 4 that was publsihed here a couple of weeks ago?

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Thank you for wonderful translation, guys. Just wanted to ask: do you by chance intend to finish translation of Gaiden 4 that was published here a couple of weeks ago?

Sorry for the late reply on this, just caught this one. Currently the project is on hold till we find someone able to work on the larger font dialogue. We have a translator ready to work on it but we are stuck on the ROM hacking part of it... Currently looking for any volunteers who would like to help us out on that one!  :angel:

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Good news, should expect a release on Wizardry Gaiden II real soon :) Just wrapping up a few small odds and ends.

arromdee

• View Profile
Apparently this fan translation doesn't work on hardware.  I tried it on my shiny new Everdrive and on an EMS GB 64M card and neither worked.  The original ROM worked, and so did the fan translation of Gaiden 2.  I verified the checksum of the original ROM, patched it again and the result was identical to my patched ROM.  Furthermore, the patched ROM, while it didn't work on hardware, works on Mednafen.

Trying to run it on hardware just shows the Game Boy logo and then freezes.