News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: ROLL♥CHAN - Mega Man Player Sprite Hack Released!  (Read 8372 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: ROLL♥CHAN - Mega Man Player Sprite Hack Released!
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:07:25 am »

Update By: Zynk Oxhyde

In celebration of Mega Man's 26th Anniversary, Zynk releases ROLL♥CHAN! Roll-chan is a player sprite hack which replaces Mega Man with his sister Roll.

Like any other "Roll fan" out there, Zynk has always wanted to play as Roll as her brother's stead.

Inspired by the Rockman 1 cell phone game, and likewise, the WIP fan-game called "Roll-chan" by Tarbo, Zynk finds a way on how to get Roll in the game.

Just back then Zynk discovered romhacking by watching several "Roll Chan" titled games that are actually romhacks. The hack was particularly made by YUIFA and she hacked Rockman hacks from 1 to 5.

Not fond of YUIFA's Roll design, Zynk made his own Roll sprites. Zynk based his design on Mobile Roll, but her sprites are taller than Mega Man so Zynk used Roll's original sprite from the NES games. However, for an added effect, Zynk made a few custom sprites for Roll (specifically, jumping & damage sprites).

With palette limitations set aside, Zynk has completed ROLL♥CHAN! Zynk made two types of Roll: the Classic & MM8 costumes.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14617.0.html)

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
Re: ROM Hacks: ROLL♥CHAN - Mega Man Player Sprite Hack Released!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:41:07 pm »
For a moment, I thought I was being a complete idiot when I couldn't find the hack, and instead just saw some Youtube links.  But the link to the RHDN project page doesn't appear on the main page, only on the forum topic page.
Maybe throw in another link.
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:49:13 pm »
Eeeee!  I got all excited when I saw this on the front page.  And then I played it.  And I was not disappointed.
But then I noticed on the other link that a similar thing is being done for the second game...

As awesome as this was, I'm looking forward to the next game.  And if is continues, the third game!!  X3

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:53:14 pm »
Good job with this Zynk, I really appreciate the effort you did putting this together. I'm using the MM8 version of roll for the regular Rockman & I'm using the Classic Roll for the hack Rockman RX, I never beat RX so now I have a reason to.

:beer: