News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VIII Steam Release  (Read 10365 times)

xander

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VIII Steam Release
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 10:43:25 pm »
Actually you're correct,it was Chrono Cross and Xenogears which shared a similar engine. Maybe thats why theres tools already to translate those games but none for FFIX till recently.

It would be great to have a trilogy steam release with IX but thats wishfull thinking.
xander

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 11:43:49 pm »
Here is a bit of an idea of what you can end up with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e18Ay2kJE4#t=183
My my, that is impressive.  They even got rid of the charmingly ear-piercing cursor squeal.  Are those all mods available from http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/ ?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »
Yes, qhimm's is the place to go. Everything can be installed via the Bootleg Configurator program. Some of the mods are huge such as video recodes and there are many many different ones. So, I ended up downloading a 10 or 20 gig torrent with all of the available mods so I could pick and choose quickly and easily between all of them in Bootleg Configurator. You will have to do some reading over there to figure it all out, but it's worth it! My FF7 PC purchase has more value than ever now all these years later! :)
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »
I guess this means finalfantasy7pc.com isn't particularly up-to-date anymore, then.  That's unfortunate; it is indeed kind of hard to sort out what's what from the forums alone.

Does this mean that the efforts to rebuild the engine from scratch eventually picked up some momentum?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 08:00:09 pm »
I guess this means finalfantasy7pc.com isn't particularly up-to-date anymore, then.  That's unfortunate; it is indeed kind of hard to sort out what's what from the forums alone.

I don't know. The thing is with Bootleg Configurator, it automatically handles installation of the whole mod package you choose. It's far easier than installing all the mods on your own. You can fairly quickly try out and mix and match the mods of your choosing. It also has handy presets to help you select from the otherwise daunting selection.

Does this mean that the efforts to rebuild the engine from scratch eventually picked up some momentum?

I wonder what happened to that myself.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 08:18:24 pm »
I took a look at that forum... yeah, there were some impressive screenshots, but not only was discussion very slow, they are using OGRE of all things. If you want contributors that is a very good way to Shrek yourself.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger