News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Ninja Burai Densetsu Sega Mega Drive/Genesis cheats  (Read 3274 times)

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
Ninja Burai Densetsu Sega Mega Drive/Genesis cheats
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
Hey guys, I've come with special news that last night i'd happened to find two cheat codes for this particular Trpg! So if anyone is interested test them out yourself here:

1) Sound Test

At the title screen menu press the C button 30 times then press start once done and then it'll take you the menu ;)

2) Skip scenario/chapter

At the clear conditions screen press & hold Up, A, B, C then start then it should let you be able to skip chapters :)

Enjoy!!  ;D P.S if I find anymore cheats or secrets for this game I'll be sure to update this thread.

Source: https://sakuhindb.com/howtoj/7_Ninja_20Burai_20Densetsu/TCC/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:45:39 pm by DSwizzy145 »

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Ninja Burai Densetsu Sega Mega Drive/Genesis cheats
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:39:46 pm »
I assume you did not just randomly press buttons to figure these out*, or if you did there are similar things on this game/one from the same dev/same game on a different system to point you in the right direction to begin with.

*I have seen people do this for phones/tablets and unlock screens there but there is a bit more to them.

To that end if you were making use of emulators beyond savestates (even something as basic as noting the c press count via a cheat search) it might make a pretty nice tutorial. Indeed if I decide to expand my stuff on controls this would probably make a great jumping off point (that it also inevitably ends up in hidden and disabled for release menus and the like is just icing on the cake).

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:21:24 pm »
No, this actually really worked! If you press the C button 30 times on the menu then start button after, it takes you the sound test menu screen. If you like I've took a photo of that screen just recently after discovering it!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:21 am »
I don't think he was doubting your claims.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
oh, i'm assuming he's meant if i'd made a rom hack to easily access the sound test menu & to his answer No, this works on a original Japanese rom/cart by itself it's a real cheat code ;)

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:50 pm »
Sorry that was not clear. I really should stop writing things before I fall asleep.

I thought it was a real/non cheat hardware activated thing. I was just curious as to how you found it and assuming you did not sit there pressing random buttons to find it then chances are you at least observed things in an emulator. Such a hack is not commonly done and is an interesting way of thinking about things as far as game logic goes-- it is not really anything you encounter in text hacking, in graphics hacking, in level hacking, in music hacking or even in remapping controls.
If you did not use an emulator's nice memory viewing and did brute force it I imagined you instead saw that the devs/publisher have a history of such codes, that said menus were present in other regions/platforms or something similar.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »
I was just curious as to how you found it

Given that at least one of these is on gamefaqs, I'm assuming he dug through various websites for them. You'll note in his initial post that he never said anything about actually discovering them in the game, just that they worked.