News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chinese Translating PAL5  (Read 3760 times)

djlpap

• View Profile
Chinese Translating PAL5
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:19:53 am »
Hi, I am just wondering if there are any people able to do some Chinese translating (Mandarin),
As a side hobby, been working on translating a Chinese RPG game (Xian Jian V). I don't
know much Mandarin, however my wife is a translator and we have translated the first 5 minutes of the game script so far.
Let me know if you can help

Thanks  :)

w7n

• View Profile
Re: Chinese Translating PAL5
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:23:03 am »
As a native Chinese, I believe I have quite enough knowledge even on the classical Chinese language field, however this is not guaranteed. It's a pleasure if I could help, but I'm not that good at English, so I can only offer rough translations.
It's OK to call me if you really need help on the Chinese script, but I don't expect massive text; I still have some Rom hacking projects that I need to finish.
PS: I've only played PAL1 and PAL4 and have my characters in both games at Lv.20 or so, I don't really know a lot about the PAL series itself.

djlpap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:33:40 am »
That will be of a great help!  谢谢 :)

March 08, 2013, 07:38:11 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
As an update for people who are interested, I have extracted the mainline script and have added some translation. I have also injected it back into game and looks great, so all that is needed is some translating work.

djlpap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »
Anyone interested in helping with the translation? I am able to do the rom hacking but are not able to do the translation. Are there any Chinese translators that can give up some time to translate some of the script? I would most appreciate it.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »
Is this the MS-DOS version of the game correct? :)

djlpap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:56:25 pm »
Hi, Not the Dos version, its the windows version, Xianjian Qixia Zhuan 5 (The Legend of Sword and Fairy 5) released back in 2011.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:32 pm »
Hi, Not the Dos version, its the windows version, Xianjian Qixia Zhuan 5 (The Legend of Sword and Fairy 5) released back in 2011.
aww, i wish i was the dos version ;) but no matters lol btw sorta off topic but have you guys seen these Korean rpgs before? http://oldg.tistory.com/category/%EB%8B%A4%EC%9A%B4%EB%A1%9C%EB%93%9C/MS-DOS some of these games looks awesome imo so far! :D