News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: KingMike's Translation projects.  (Read 56116 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: KingMike's Translation projects.
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2018, 01:30:14 am »
Been so long since I updated.

RPG Maker 1 since basically finished. Sample game fully playable, Turbo File menus quickly tested and working. (don't know about the more esoteric error messages that probably won't show up in emulation, like corrupted file or dead batteries).
Title screen not translated but that's it. Compression itself is pretty standard, it's just odd that they stored tiles flipped or rotated and I'd kind of like to look at how, for completion sake.

I have hopefully just finished the last of the ASM hacking I needed to do on Crimson.
Got all of what I think needed done to it: graphics ripping/insertion to replace the font, DTE, VWF. I even fixed up the laser-line printing effect I'm still not sure about keeping (it prints the correct pixel length now, based on the DTE and VWF). All in and seem to be working fine (as though the game has several text routines, they seem to all funnel into the one core print routine I modded.) Now it is the actually translation. I have a machine-aided translation I can put in (though I have been studying Japanese mainly this year so hopefully in time my skill can improve but it could be a nice "first time" piece). I just need to write a script inserter but at this point I've written enough of those it shouldn't be a big deal.
Title screen needs insertion but when I get to the point, the sequel has an English title screen already that I can probably look at importing or recreating into this game.
(though if I wanted to look at the sequel later, that might be another learning step. As I'm doing the cartridge version of this game and the sequels are disk-only games. But hopefully it's kind of like the jump from NES to FDS.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

selodaoc

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »
Hey Mike

Just wondering, did you ever get into translating Battle Zeque Den or Zig Zag cat.
Saw you mention it somewhat in another forum some years ago :P

releasethedogs

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2018, 12:25:37 am »
I'd be ecstatic for any monster maker video game to be translated.
I have the card game and I have translated that with google translate, well translate it enough to get the main idea.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2018, 01:46:17 am »
Yes, Monster Maker 1 GB is another I'll work on too as a "short" game. But I think I've already spoken on that one. Seems like another game where battle is heavily dictated by RNG, but maybe I'm just kinda dumb at the game. (still it's system of basically needing to plan your MP usage AHEAD of time is kind of backwards)

I think that is most of the MM games but 3 seems to be the one exception which plays more like a standard RPG (though just from glancing at the manual, I expect new game mechanics to show up in later chapters), possibly because I hear it was based on an anime spinoff.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018