News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children RELEASED!  (Read 42389 times)

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children RELEASED!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 10:51:33 am »
Hi. I'd like to report something that I wonder whether it's a bug or not. Right after the battle with Dyne, Dio, the owner of the Golden Sauce fairground, gives you a vehicle which with you can cross rivers, allowing you to reach your next destination. The problem is: while driving that vehicle, if you press the A button you get out, but then you cannot get into it again no matter which button you press (or at least I haven't been able to find the way), so you end up getting stuck in the game (needless to say, if you make a save then and don't have any other savestate as a backup, you're screwed).

PD: Lol, my fault. You can get into the vehicle again, but you have to press the A button when your sprite is in FRONT of the vehicle, not above it, hehehe. Sorry, folks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:02:02 am by aqualung »

altoiddealer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »
After I defeated Palmer and got Cid in my party, I got a ship to take out on the water. I docked the ship on the sand and went into the Canyon village to heal my party and when I went back to the world map the ship was gone. Is this a game breaking glitch or is it supposed to disappear and I'm missing something? I've walked up and down the entire coastline and the ship is definitely gone and I'm trapped now with nothing to further advance the storyline.

I parked the Tiny Bronco on the coast just southwest of Wutai.  After going into Wutai and coming out, the plane dissapears when getting within 3 tiles of it, and it cannot be boarded.  When I step back it reappears.

Fortunately I had a recent save to revert to.

My advice: Try to save while you're on the water as much as possible b/c it sounds like an unpredictable little glitch

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 11:32:45 am »
PD: Lol, my fault. You can get into the vehicle again, but you have to press the A button when your sprite is in FRONT of the vehicle, not above it, hehehe. Sorry, folks.

Yeah it took me a while to figure that one out too!

And I had the same disappearing Broncho glitch while exploring the Wutai area.

Killa B

• Fallen Angel
    • View Profile
    • Killa B
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 04:33:23 am »
Cool, looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the release!
I always dreamed of doing a Pokemon hack

freshman

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 11:57:54 pm »
This is so awesome. Thank you, Lugia!
Btw, i noticed  that some enemies can cast 2 different spells (Fire1 and Ice1, for example). Is it possible to make the characters able to do the same thing, by wielding 2 materias instead of 1?
(PS: Sorry for any grammar errors, my English haven't been very good. ;D)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:11:19 am by freshman »

Lindblum

• Sometimes... Sometimes the diaper leaks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 04:19:30 pm »
Great job, guys! It looks gorgeous!
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:25:40 am by Chpexo »

altoiddealer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 10:23:13 am »
Where are the secret bosses?   :-X

neomerge

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 08:59:13 am »
I just wanted to congratulate everyone on the work that was done. I remember being super excited about this game being released. I got even more excited and started to finally play it when I found about the english patch, but then I found out a lot more work was going on it through lurking the romhacking forum. I decided to wait even longer due to how promising everything was going. Now I can finally give this the chance it deserved. Congrats.

KenjiMinato

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »
I've encountered a MAJOR problem, if I exit the Dune Buggy, I can never re enter it again... and I've saved so I can't reload and ignore Gongaga.

February 26, 2014, 02:23:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've encountered a MAJOR problem, if I exit the Dune Buggy, I can never re enter it again... and I've saved so I can't reload and ignore Gongaga.

Never mind, I'm an idiot, just read that Aqualung had the same problem, I gotta stand infront of it. *facepalm*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:23:55 pm by KenjiMinato »

suloku

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »
UPDATE: for anyone just about to read this long post, Lugia2009 answered me in a mp, so I'm gonna leave the answers to my questions in this post here for reference:

1.- Is it possible to find anything aside from the Lunar Harp at Bone Village?
2.- How do I revisit Lugia2009 at the Shin-Ra building?

These two questions are related. One would think that to revisit Lugia2009 at the Shin-Ra building one needs the key to sector 5 (or was it 7?). That's a missinterpretation, Lugia2009 is found at another place, one can't enter Midgar again in FF7 nes.

3.- Where are the 8 secret bosses? Is any of them permanently missable?

They are all together at the same place Lugia2009 is, and none of them is missable.

4.- What is the reguard at the battle arena at gold saucer? I'll quote myself for this one:

By the way I wen't to the battle arena, the prize is 10.000 gil for those who where wondering, but therere are other "hidden" prizes...I'll explain: the best weapons in the game can only be obtained from enemies, but you need to have every other weapon first for the enemies to drop a weapon that can't be bought, since they are dropped in order (from least powerful onwards). Now here's the trick: the bosses in the battle arena seem to always drop an item, so near the end of the game the fights are easy and makes getting the "ultimate weapons" a lot easier. Not that I'm interested in doing a 100% save for FF7nes, but I think the best weapon for cloud (and probably all the other ones) is a +255 at level 1, wich is what the rune sword (best buyable weapon) might be around at level 20 (I had that sword trough all my gameplay and I only leveled it to level 16 or so (+196)).
But again, leveling that +255 sword might be a pain, but one-shot killing sephiroth is always fun  :laugh:; I wonder if it is possible with a level 100 cloud with best weapon at level 20. I don't know what his total HP is, but I once made 11000 damage, so since there's no limit it may be possible.

5.- Regarding the temple of ancients bug, It is not really a bug. Yes, the temple of ancients and the cutscene still play at that area, but there's a reason for it, but contains spoilers:
Spoiler:
Lugia2009 and the 8 secret bosses are accessed trought a teleportation tile at the temple of ancients first screen. I guess since Lugia 2009 added these secret bosses at the last moment he forgot (or couldn't) disable the cutscene or add the tile to the destroyed temple of ancients map. Anyways, I'm just gonna go with "The temple of ancients still being there when it shouldn't is a hint that Lugia2009 is hacking the game and he is in that area, so look for him". The reward for beating Lugia2009 and the bosses is 25.000 gil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome, 6 years after learling about Lindblum's translation it seems the time has come to play this game.

I tried to play when the 99% patch came out, but for some reasons I didn't progress much. I'm sure I'll really enjoy this version, lots of thanks for your work!

EDIT: Well, I've read the 77 pages of the old thread... and I have to now that I'm even more amazed at the amount of work and effort put on the game. Now I remembered why I didn't continue playing  Lindblum's 99% version: because it didn't feel like FF7, but I am now at Bone Village and... it's been just like playing the original, congratulations.

In Bone village, it's happened to me that if you don't find the Lunar Arp at first try the next time you set the dig points you can't talk to the "chief digger" and I got stuck. Luckyly I had a previus savestate and nothing happened.

Also, the gil and experience dropped by the bosses is too low when the game advances, it's not really an issue though.

By the way I have 4 questions, which may have to be answered as a spoiler:

1.- Is it possible to find anything aside from the Lunar Harp at Bone Village? So far it doesn't seem to matter if I select normal treasure or lunar harp, Lunar Harp can always be found at the same spot.
2.- How do I revisit Lugia2009 at the Shin-Ra building?
3.- Where are the 8 secret bosses? Is any of them permanently missable? I'd really like to fight them, maybe I have and haven't noticed.
4.- What is the reguard at the battle arena at gold saucer? Is it always the same? (I'll probably solve this one by myself)

ps: For any interested it works perfectly fine on retroarch for android using FCEU 2.20 core.

EDIT2: I noticed a couple more things:

1.- In the water materia, Cure3 is in fact Cure4 (not important, but if a 1.2 patch comes out it won't hurt to change that)
2.- There's a bug that makes the first event at the temple of anciets always repeat when entering it, even after beating it (the event where aeris reads "K.E.Y.S.T.O.N.E." and you are pointed out to search for the house at the south of gold saucer (which then makes you go to gold saucer). To reproduce it:
a.- After the party decides to go to the temple of ancients, go directly to the house of the owner of the key stone.
b.- Go to gold saucer and get the key stone
c.- go to temple of ancients and beat it

UPDATE: I tried the sequence: temple->house->gold saucer museum and after the temple it still happens

Now whenever you reenter the temple of ancients the first event takes place (if you reach the top of the pyramid), instead of warping to the map where there's no temple anymore. The problem is that I did not visit the temple before obtaining the keystone. So far it doesn't seem to affect

And also a question: Mideel wasn't done in the end as an accessible map (like Wutai) right? There's a village at the island, but no warping to anywhere.

And another one: recommended level for the gaea cliff? I beat Schizo at level ~45, but only with patience because it attacks only a member at a time, as this makes boss battles easier than normal random battles, which are pretty though at this point of the game (but again, I think I have only 3 bosses left in the game and they might not be too difficult at my current level, just attack, cure, repeat).

I think there was another thing I wanted to ask, but I can't recall it now.

EDIT3: At the end of the game, when entering the crater and at Nibelheim, there's a typo: the dialog says "Sephiot"

EDIT4: Awesome game, the ending is fantastic and it doesn't feel awkward at all to end it directly at gaea's cliff. Everything is wrapped up and explained, it didn't leave me with any "what happened with..." question. The final bosses can be pretty challenging without leveling up, but at that point of the game money isn't an issue, so Hi-Mega is the key to victory since the damage dealt by the bosses isn't massive. I didn't know my teams would split at the final fights, so one winged angel fight was a cloud vs sephiroth since my team was cloud-cid-caith sith, but i overpowered them to level 60, so no problems. I really think the game can be beaten at around lvl 45 with that team and the help of Hi-Megas, Barret was lvl16 and tifa and redXIII were around lvl 30.

I think the "summon" spells should have more castings, at least 3. Two casts makes it too tedious to level them up, and the limited amount make them not that much usable in battle (cast 2 times, use ether... your are almos better of using the lvl4 spell, at least with bosses).

Also I don't know why the bosses give so little experience. If the amount can't be changed for any reason, maybe it should be reasonable to atomagically level up the characters after a boss fight (I don't know if it is technically possible). That would seem pretty fair, and if the lvl up was for all characters it would make it less tedious to level up the other 3 party members (they should get around 15 "free" levels, so they wouldn't be so behind the main party). If you were just about to level up... well, I guess it's bad luck.

By the way I wen't to the battle arena, the prize is 10.000 gil for those who where wondering, but therere are other "hidden" prizes...I'll explain: the best weapons in the game can only be obtained from enemies, but you need to have every other weapon first for the enemies to drop a weapon that can't be bought, since they are dropped in order (from least powerful onwards). Now here's the trick: the bosses in the battle arena seem to always drop an item, so near the end of the game the fights are easy and makes getting the "ultimate weapons" a lot easier. Not that I'm interested in doing a 100% save for FF7nes, but I think the best weapon for cloud (and probably all the other ones) is a +255 at level 1, wich is what the rune sword (best buyable weapon) might be around at level 20 (I had that sword trough all my gameplay and I only leveled it to level 16 or so (+196)).
But again, leveling that +255 sword might be a pain, but one-shot killing sephiroth is always fun  :laugh:; I wonder if it is possible with a level 100 cloud with best weapon at level 20. I don't know what his total HP is, but I once made 11000 damage, so since there's no limit it may be possible.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:52:56 pm by suloku »

vegoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:23 am »
How is everyone playing this? My setup:

- fceux-2.2.2-win32
- Final Fantasy VII (China) (Unl) [En by Xaronyr EnCardier v0.97].nes
(The NJO63 file doesn't even get past the loading screen before resetting itself infinitely)
- Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Finished Version) Ver.1.1.ips
- Lunar IPS
- Windows 7, 64 bit

I followed the instructions and everything, I copied the hack over the original ROM just fine. Though I hacked the English hack and then the Full Hack over right after.. is that what I'm doing wrong, should I only hack the Full Hack on top?
I apologize for my overuse and also probable improper use of the word 'hack,' I suppose I could have used 'superimpose' instead.. anyways.

As soon as the game tries to load the first battle the game freezes. I tried moving Cloud around and that was all good, but as soon as the soldiers march up and the screen transitions to battle mode, it busts.
The original ROM can play just fine, without busts, so it's not a faulty ROM.

How can I fix this?

vegoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 01:17:11 am »
Bump  :huh:

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 01:22:03 am »
should I only hack the Full Hack on top?
Yes.
There has to be a better life.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 10:43:54 pm »
Wow.

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »
Positives:
-No need for a hard to find donor cart
-FF VII NES in full english and in an actual famicom cart
-Actually works

Negatives:
-DAT FUCKING $300 PRICE TAG

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 10:55:23 pm »
It's an asshole move. At least one person bought it.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 10:57:41 pm »
At least with PSP translations there's no chance of bootleg copies.

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »
When i first saw this, i got super excited and was going to buy it so i can just turn a famicom converter Gyromite into an FFVII cart. But then that stupid pricetag appears right in my face and now i am just pissed. I've wanted this in a physical cart since the translation came to be. I was even seeing if it was possible to recreate the mapper on an NES cart. But who knows, maybe another english cart might pop up and be WAY cheaper.