News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Legend in VBA GX (Emulator for Wii) - save issue  (Read 2933 times)

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
Hello, everyone. I recently added the homebrew channel to my Wii, and it's quite fantastic! I'm very grateful to the scene for getting this started in the first place. One of the first apps I downloaded was Visual Boy Advance GX, and of course I moved the majority of my GameBoy, GameBoy Color, and GameBoy Advance games there. Among that bunch was The Final Fantasy Legend. At first, everything was fine--the game played normally with no problems.

Then I decided I wanted to rename it "Final Fantasy Legend I.GB" (From the old "Final Fantasy Legend, The.GB") so it would fit numerically on the game selection list. I also deleted the old "Final Fantasy Legend, The Auto.SAV", opting to make a new one instead. This is where things started to go downhill real fast...

"Final Fantasy Legend I.GB" would no longer recognize my save file if I saved in game, then returned to the game selection menu. I could go into the emulator menu and choose the "Save" option to save a SRAM and load it again with the "Load" option, but this wasn't satisfactory for me, so I continued to try and work on a solution.

Eventually, even saving via "Save" in the emulator menu didn't work anymore, and all my hard work was for nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here? This problem seems to be unique to me, unfortunately.

I've also tried putting a .SAV file from the PC emulator Visual Boy Advance-M onto my SDHC card and trying to load it with the emulator menu's "Load" option, but it tells me it's an invalid save file.

Thank you very much in advance and have a wonderful day. :)
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Starscream

• View Profile
Re: The Final Fantasy Legend in VBA GX (Emulator for Wii) - save issue
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:21:33 am »
I'm not familar with this problem, but here is what I would do:

1) Try a "fresh install"of  VBA-GX, meaning you delete everything related to it of the card, then put a new installation and your relevant save files back there.

2) Check how the alternatives behave. Wii Mednafen, Gnuboy, Rin and Retroarch all have the capability to play Gameboy games.

fairdenizen

• America's Individuality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 05:53:08 pm »
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/6861-RetroArch-Wii-0.9.8.2-is-released

use this masterpiece of an emulator instead. Everything is set up for a dozen of so emulators from that one download, just make sure you have the right core selected for the ROM type you load.

fairdenizen

• America's Individuality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 06:08:39 pm »
hmmm.... could have swore i just took the time to reply here... weird, and why are my post needing approval anyways?

The suggestion to use Retroarch is a viable one, seeing as how it's new, and few people know that the emulators are more up to date than the actual releases.