News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Capcom Games Editor (NES)  (Read 33531 times)

Imaynotbehere4long

• View Profile
Re: Capcom Games Editor (NES)
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2018, 08:03:59 pm »
This project definitely looks promising. I'd imagine that getting compatibility for all of those games isn't an easy feat, even with help.

However, if I may make one suggestion: please try to add collision editors for what's already there rather than focus on adding more tile editors. We can't do much if we can only change how the levels look.

(I wanted to try out the Little Samson editor, but I can't figure out how to edit the level, just the tiles)

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2018, 07:45:58 pm »
Can you provide the location of collision data in ROM file for level 1?
I'll add physics layer editor with it.

Imaynotbehere4long

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2018, 11:39:26 pm »
Sorry, I don't know where the collision data is. I'm a complete newcomer when it comes to ROM-hacking; I know how to patch files, but if I actually want to make anything myself, I need to rely on front-ends like level editors.

P.S. One bit of feedback that may be helpful: the current editor for Little Samson shows the final boss's room in the middle of stage 1 instead of the actual screen that goes there (and since the room is displayed with stage 1's tiles, it looks corrupted).

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2018, 04:09:04 am »
I already found physics data and render it with one of the features of the editor (I used it to debug settings and check ideas)

There are not many games with collision data at separate layer (little samson, battletoads/bt&dd, journey to silius, maybe 1-2 others from supported list), but I can add ability to describe and edit this layer for those games in next release, thanks.

azoreseuropa

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:40 am »
Awesome editor.. Keep going. Good job.

By the way, I know it is NES editor but is Rockman Mega World aka Mega Man: The Wily Wars possibly ? Or it will need someone to created a new Sega Genesis/Sega Mega editor for this game ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 03:23:54 pm by azoreseuropa »

Imaynotbehere4long

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2018, 11:44:37 pm »
I can add ability to describe and edit this layer for those games in next release
Awesome; now I just need to wait for the other levels to be added.

By the way, if you plan on finishing the Little Samson plugin soon, can you add an option that changes where the player is sent after reaching the end of a level? I'd like to be able to make a hack that doesn't force the player to fight the same bosses as in the original game (without me having to learn assembly code).

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2018, 02:49:06 pm »
By the way, I know it is NES editor but is Rockman Mega World aka Mega Man: The Wily Wars possibly ? Or it will need someone to created a new Sega Genesis/Sega Mega editor for this game ?

Editor has plugin for building SMD graphics, so it can be used for editing this game, but you need someone, who can make configs for it. I'll add this games to my list, but I have no time to develop editor for now.

azoreseuropa

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2018, 07:46:04 pm »
Editor has plugin for building SMD graphics, so it can be used for editing this game, but you need someone, who can make configs for it. I'll add this games to my list, but I have no time to develop editor for now.

That's cool. Thanks.

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »
The way that some of these superheroes survive in the 8-16 bit games is that, even though they, or one can be reduced to low health, it is not completely annihilated. Some are even converted to non-human entities. It's very confusing to understand in visual aspects, but the sprites can be compressed and decompressed to work even in 32-bit or 64-bit graphics.

"I have no cash, but at least the memory of my computer operates efficiently." - Alan Turing
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2018, 06:53:22 am »
https://github.com/spiiin/CadEditor/releases/tag/v5.2

Release with updates gui, support of physics layer (as in Little Samson) and Game Boy games (1 config only for 1 level of Darkwing Duck GB). This features will used in next releases.