News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Capcom Games Editor (NES)  (Read 17189 times)

spiiin

• View Profile
Re: Capcom Games Editor (NES)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »
If you describe level format (start addresses for screens' descriptions and/or format of the objects (adresses of the xs,ys and types for 1st object for example), in ROM or in RAM, if compression used), I can connect this games to the editor easy.

For Lost Vikings I can do research by myself.

RetroHelix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 03:32:43 pm »
For Lost Vikings I can do research by myself.
:o Keep us up to date with your progress please.

azoreseuropa

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »
What about Rockman Mega World aka Mega Man: The Wily Wars ?

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 09:57:02 pm »
How about support for Bonk 1 and 2, for PC-Engine?

Bonk level hacks would rule.

I like the idea of a universal editor that you can create a file for a specific game and it allows you to edit the game with the appropriate information.

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 10:32:57 am »
First step, dump editor, is ready (with small bug around start point). But I have no compressor for insert dump back into the rom

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 06:32:43 pm »
I like the idea of a universal editor that you can create a file for a specific game and it allows you to edit the game with the appropriate information.
Years ago on an early version of acmlm, someone released a program called Nightmare. It was similar in idea, and was essentially a GUI frontend for a hex editor. You could  create text modules which would explain at range data could be found and what that data was, and then Nightmare would simplify the process for the user by making a makeshift editor with dropboxes and other neat stuff. I ended up sharing this program with the Fire Emblem community around 2005, and now it's the main tool used by English-speaking fans to edit versions of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. I haven't seen it adopted anywhere else, so I guess it sort of died off except where I shared it :o

A universal map editor also seems really snazzy. I'm seriously impressed with the amount of games this program already supports  :beer:

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »
Years ago on an early version of acmlm, someone released a program called Nightmare. It was similar in idea, and was essentially a GUI frontend for a hex editor. You could  create text modules which would explain at range data could be found and what that data was, and then Nightmare would simplify the process for the user by making a makeshift editor with dropboxes and other neat stuff. I ended up sharing this program with the Fire Emblem community around 2005, and now it's the main tool used by English-speaking fans to edit versions of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. I haven't seen it adopted anywhere else, so I guess it sort of died off except where I shared it :o

A universal map editor also seems really snazzy. I'm seriously impressed with the amount of games this program already supports  :beer:

Yeah that's what this is looking like to me which is great.  Another "universal editor" I'd like to see is one for graphics since a lot of games I've mucked around with have graphics compression.

MrFaust

• Noob Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 10:15:46 pm »
Any chance of adding Metal Gear?1?
I feel asleep

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 06:58:06 am »
I dont have time for reverse and add new games for now, but if game already reversed, I can add it with minimal effort or you can add it by yourself using existing configs as examples (It will be fast then wait my updates).

MrFaust

• Noob Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 08:06:18 am »
Its cool. That's a bit past my skill level. Anyhow, great work.
I feel asleep

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 08:13:15 am »
I dont have time for reverse and add new games for now, but if game already reversed, I can add it with minimal effort or you can add it by yourself using existing configs as examples (It will be fast then wait my updates).

That's what I meant, making a piece of software that's easy for people to add games themselves.

lukas2288

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 08:32:55 am »
Thanks for this awesome utilil.i´m waiting for full Flintstones Rescuo of Dino And Hoppy support.I hope that somebody will made support for double dragon 2 too.

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:42 am »
Thanks for this awesome utilil.i´m waiting for full Flintstones Rescuo of Dino And Hoppy support. I hope that somebody will made support for double dragon 2 too.

Ok, if you or someone make test level for Flintstones in cadEditor, I'll add support for all other levels  ;)

lukas2288

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »
Ok i will make one.It will be done this week.

Jonesy47

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »
I dont know if this would help with adding Metal Gear to this, but yeah. Here's something snarfblam started for me when i was hacking metal gear into the nes game (i actually succeded, then proceeded to lose all my work in a hard drive crash...sigh)

Anyways, there's this.
http://snarfblam.com/files/GearTool.zip

If that helps, I secretly hope metal gear uses the same compression as Snake's Revenge. I've had DREAMS of hacking that game into a proper Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake MSX2 port or at least as close as I could come to it. All it would need after sprite and dialogue editing would be some asm to add a crawl and a soliton radar screen, maybe a few hacks for new weapons.

lukas2288

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 02:03:14 am »
Hello,here is the flintstones hack.There are some graphic glitch,but the level is playable.I will fix the graphic glitches but only if this game will be fully supported(all levels).
Here is the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/q8CxK6wIce/Flintstones_hack.html

PS:Sorry for late,but i haven´t got much time.

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »
lukas2288, ok, I look at your level and make enemy editor after a week, I don't have time for now. But I already make configs for levels 1-7 - https://github.com/spiiin/CadEditor/tree/master/CadEditor/settings_flintstones_rescue_of_dino_and_hoppy
(for CadEditor version 2.7 https://github.com/spiiin/CadEditor/tree/master/Release)

Jonesy47, I have a list of games that I want to add to CadEditor, but there are many games in list for now (at first, I want to make configs for all levels of some games, that are already connected). Maybe after 2-3 releases I'll add your request too. Sources will be very helpful for me.

Jonesy47

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 11:54:22 pm »
I believe gear tool is open source. At least snarfblam made it so I could write program for it. As  is, it decompresses grapics on a page by page basis but i dont think it does anything else. Anyways, its the most effort anyone has done on a metal gear level editor to date so there's that.
Anyways, good luck with your progress. This truly is one of the most promising romhacking tools I can think of at the moment next to black magic.

spiiin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:24 am »
Editor update. Version 3.0.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/967/
All supported games:
https://github.com/spiiin/CadEditor/blob/master/CadEditor/cad_editor_supported_games.txt
(rus)

It also support all levels from Chip & Dale 2 and Flintstones Rescue Dino And Hoppy.

All games from request will be added later.

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »
sorry for the bump, just wanted to say this looks awesome and seems like a dream coming true to those newbie hackers that need tools to work