News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Suikogaiden Vol.2: Duel at Crystal Valley English Translation Released  (Read 5036 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Raww Le Klueze

Six months after the release of the patch for Vol.1: Swordsman of Harmonia, here comes the patch for Vol.2: Duel at Crystal Valley.

Suikogaiden Vol.2 is a Visual Novel spin-off to the Suikoden series and takes place about 6 months after the end of Suikoden II, featuring the continued adventures of the hero from Vol.1: Nash Latkje.

Fans of the series won't want to miss out on this chance to see what some characters from Suikoden II did right after the Dunan Unification War, and fans of Vol.1 will want to see the continued misadventures of Nash.

The patch was created by old and new members of the Suikogaiden Translation Project, this time led by Raww Le Klueze with significant help from Kestrel, Graeme Howard and Magi on the translation side and Pokeytax on the coding side.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://ramsus-kun.webs.com/Suikogaiden/Home.htm)

vincent_vincent

• View Profile
Finally the whole series  :thumbsup:

krdskrm

• View Profile
THANK YOUUUUU  :crazy:

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Absolutely amazing stuff guys :beer:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Pokeytax

• View Profile
    • Cavespeak
You're welcome!  We're super happy to have been able to do it (and super happy it's finally done).

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
Amazing work! I played thru the first one on my PS2 thanks to their efforts and was saving the save file for this. The time has finally come!

I hope we can see Echo Night 2 and Dragon Quest Monsters I&II translations some day also :)

Bregalad

• View Profile
I am trying to go to the alternate path in chapter 3, the path that requires you to gain 10 LP. The problem is that I can never ever gain 10 LP no matter what I do. I am following scrupulously the FAQ at GameFaqs by Rufas Wan (there's only one of them).

The game refuses to give me 1 LP after question 1-6 (go with Gijumu's team), and after Question 2-2 (you insult Lena in the jail). This makes me miss 2 LPs at the start of chapter 3, and no matter what I do, the game will never give me those 2 missing LPs.

EDIT : I checked on the original japanese, and the same problem appear. I really don't understand how one is supposed to reach the alternate path in chapter 3 ! Are you supposed to import LPs from Suiko Gaiden 1 ?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:48:24 pm by Bregalad »

Pokeytax

• View Profile
    • Cavespeak
I believe that the guide on Suikosource should be accurate: http://suikosource.com/games/gaiden2/guides/flow.php. Raww went over it while testing routes.

Bregalad

• View Profile
Thank you VERY MUCH.

It's definitely extremely hard to get all 10 LP, but is possible with one particular sequence.