News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: First Post  (Read 1683 times)

Brick Bro.

First Post
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:15 pm »
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post, and I have a question about a utility hosted here, and wanted to say hello to everyone.

My question is regarding SMBar utility found in the utility section of the site.

Is there anyway to undo the modifications that this utility creates? When I used this utility on a ROM HACK I was working on, it caused the game to freeze whenever I jump on certain enemy's.

I found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJIR8mFrFJ4 with the comment below.

pokemonfan4000 7 months ago

I think I figured out what's causing the freezing. I changed the glitch king's colors back to the original, and it stopped freezing. I was using SMBar to change the colors. I put the color changes back in, and it started freezing again.

If that's the case, why would changing Mario's colors make jumping on enemies freeze´╗┐ the game?

After reading this comment I have tried to use SMBar, and Beauty Salon to correct the color pallet as suggested by pokemonfan4000, but the game is still freezing. I don't believe that the issues is a pallet issue.

Please help as I have lost all my hard work, my most recent backup is too old, and my break my interest in completing the hack I am working on.

Thanks in advance,

There should be a warning packed with this utility, as it can destroy your hard work in a single click.  I have also noticed that the utility is missing the default pallet colors when you try to change Mario's colors back to their defaults. This utility is also listed as a level editor, witch is clearly is not. ;)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:57:36 pm »
Welcome. Sorry to hear about the loss, but the #1 rule of ROMhacking is to always make backups. :)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Brick Bro.

Re: First Post
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »
Thank you ;)

I have moved on and restarted the project.