News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: FF4kster v0.4  (Read 4315 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: FF4kster v0.4
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »

Update By: pinkpuff

FF4kster, the all-in-one editor for Final Fantasy 4, has finally received a large update. Some major bugs were fixed and some significant components have been added:

The new monster editor allows you to change the details of individual monsters, including not only their HP, Exp, Gil values, battle stats, and elemental and other special properties, but also their item drops, and even their AI behaviour and reaction scripts.

In addition, there is now a formation editor which allows you to edit particular battles, including what groups of monsters are fought, as well as various other properties such as whether you can flee from the fight or not, or whether you will get game over from losing the fight or not.

Finally, the new encounters editor allows you to manipulate what groups of monsters you can randomly encounter in what areas.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/914/)

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
Re: Utilities: FF4kster v0.4
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:31:15 am »
I haven't bothered to go into any depth of research, so feel free to ignore me, but has compatibility with the Japanese release been addressed yet?
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

pinkpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »
No it has not, and probably will not be for quite some time.

Currently, only FF2US v1.1 roms, either clean or modified only by FF4kster are known to be safe. Graphic editing is also safe (mostly) and certain patches are known to work. Any patch or editor that either expands the rom or moves data or code to other locations is definitely not safe.
Let's dance!

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:52:57 pm »
You may want to consider moving the hardcoded offsets out to a .ini or so to be read. That way people can adjust the offsets themselves, and someone could then publish a .ini for the Japanese ROM.

pinkpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 02:02:41 pm »
That's a good idea! I might just do exactly that.
Let's dance!