News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translation hack for Clock Tower (The First Fear) [PSX]  (Read 11921 times)

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
Re: Translation hack for Clock Tower (The First Fear) [PSX]
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 02:27:22 am »
VRAM can't use 1 or 2 BPP as the graphics need to be upscaled to something memory can understand, so you must apply a 4 BPP picture there (which really gives you a lot more detail you can put into those graphics). You could probably use a copy of the SNES font and make it variable by indenting it. What I would suggest you is to have a TIM texture loaded where you found that empty block in the exe, put some code in the same area to call LoadImage and DrawSync in order to transfer to VRAM both texture and palette(s), and then you're set with text rendering almost entirely. The only remaining steps would be dropping the original upscale code, find some room for the width tables (maybe where the upscale code is currently stored), suppress the extra vram uploads to the font area, and finally replace rendering seek to account for the variable widths.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 02:52:47 pm »
Did you ever think of doing the pc version? Its a port of this version, has native mouse support and has already been translated into Chinese. I can provide it if needed.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 07:19:30 pm »
Did you ever think of doing the pc version? Its a port of this version, has native mouse support and has already been translated into Chinese. I can provide it if needed.

Isn't there already an English patch available for the pc port?

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:49 pm »
Isn't there already an English patch available for the pc port?

Not as far as I'm aware. Took a look at it though a while ago and it didn't seem too difficult to hack.

arcraith

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:40 pm »
Cool, it might be around my level then, I'd gladly give it a shot once I'm done with the PSX version. I'll probably try and get this business with the font out of the way first.

August 30, 2013, 03:10:58 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Can anyone suggest any custom fonts that may be suitable for this patch?

@Gideon: I just realised that you are the guy behind the SFC patch. So, Aeon Genesis is like the project group name you use or something.
I've contacted you about the font you used.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:10:58 am by arcraith »