News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Zelda3 HP hack  (Read 5389 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Zelda3 HP hack
« on: August 17, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »

Update By: puzzledude

This HP hack is intended for rookies, who just don't have the skill to play (or finish) Zelda3 hacks. You can apply the patch to original ALTTP or any Zelda3 hack which has no header (patching to any headered ROM will corrupt it, without the possibility to fix it again).

You can choose between 10 or 20 heart containers, Armor3, the brand new "fire sword" and the new "super sword". The first one has the power to burn enemies with the spin attack (if the sword is level 3 or 4), the second one makes level-1, 2, 3 swords stronger, while adding the fire effect to all swords, if you use the spin attack. However, if you use the stab attack (hold the sword and walk into the enemy) they will freeze.

The HP hack was released specially because of the many complaints of Parallel Worlds being too frustrating and Goddess of Wisdom being too difficult; while Parallel Remodel (which is quite easy in my eyes and fairly easy according to majority of players) has turned someone into a "frothing madman".

So if you are a 12 year old kid, an ultra rookie, a Zelda3 newbie, or just want to have fun while playing, this is the hack for you.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1529/)

dmace81

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Zelda3 HP hack
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24:42 am »
I suck at zelda games so maybe ill try this. :-[

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:49:51 pm »
Since you are inexperienced in Z3 (as you've said), I assume you've died in the Guardhouse of Parallel Worlds (as did 70 percent of all players who tried it). The other 28 used save states, only around 2 finished it completely on real hardware. Basically the HP upgrades will now allow you to see the rest of Parallel Worlds.

I was also amazed that around 50 percent of all players who started Goddess of Wisdom, never managed to come pass Arghus boss (at least not without the save state abuse), while a lot quit all together with Vitreous boss. This is strange since I've tested the difficulty in beta testing (but I guess we would need multiple beta testers with different playing abilities).

Hopefully now all Zelda3 hacks can be beaten for everyone, since the HP is turning all Z3 games into easy type (however it can not reduce the initial backtracking or intellectual problems of the game).

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:33:10 pm »
This has to be the most patronizing description for a hack ever. That's awesome that you're so good at playing your own hack and Z3. ;) I never knew 12 year old kids were so inept & unintelligent. Funny, I was that age when I first played & beat Z3, as I'm sure a lot of us were. I'm surprised you didn't add retarded fish-frog-squirrel to that list.

Cool hack, nontheless!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:01:36 pm by Gi Nattak »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »
I believe one of the bigger rules of making a difficulty hack, if you're the creator, don't judge it on how YOU play it.  You, of course, would be able to play it better than the others as you've played/tested it multitudes of times.  You would definitely need many other beta testers to fully understand how difficult it is.  It's bad to judge it on your own accord and pretty harsh to judge others on that.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »
This has to be the most patronizing description for a hack ever. That's awesome that you're so good at playing your own hack and Z3. ;) I never knew 12 year old kids were so inept & unintelligent. Funny, I was that age when I first played & beat Z3, as I'm sure a lot of us were. I'm surprised you didn't add retarded fish-frog-squirrel to that list.

Cool hack, nontheless!

I was 10 when I first beat the game, but then again I also got Prima's strategy guide for the game before I got the game itself.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »

Cool hack, nontheless!

I guess making an age reference was a wrong thing to write. Should be something like: "if you want to enjoy all Z3 hacks". Or maybe that these patches bring the difficulty down from current complex hacks to Alttp or easier. Did you know, some actually hate the game, if it is to easy. So I was trying to point out, that it is not for them (I was certainly not trying to insult the beginners, but I guess it sounded this way).

dudejo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:39:19 am »
Maybe Eiji Aonuma will be able to beat this one :P

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:08:33 pm »
Parallel Remodel (which is quite easy in my eyes and fairly easy according to majority of players) has turned someone into a "frothing madman".

That was me, heheh.

(For the record, I did manage to get further in the game. Eventually.)