News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Born of Dreamers - formerly Secret of Evermore 2  (Read 34461 times)

relenting1

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Evermore 2 Born of Dreams
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2016, 10:57:11 pm »

See more artwork by clicking the link below
http://relenting1.wixsite.com/nathanielk

Thank you all so much!
=]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:21:48 pm by MathOnNapkins »

Merr Man

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 04:19:50 pm »
Been a fan of the first game, really liked the Gothic tone of the game plus the strange, but diverse, sets of worlds to explore, and thought about a sequel to it, of course if I like a game I would always say that I would like a sequel. Following this thread, here, I am actually pretty excited for this game to exist, so good luck!

SkyFlames

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 04:39:42 am »
Thank you for making this, I've almost shed a tear by seeing the update images. This game was my first epic adventure, and I felt really empty when I finished it eleven years ago. Hope you can finish it some day, and please don't doubt about posting in-game screenshots when you feel like it.

Thank you again for this, to you Utopia and your team. Best wishes.

Utopia

• Born of Dreamers
    • View Profile
    • Born of Dreamers
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for your continued support, we are happy to announce we finally have a soundcloud page for the project!

https://soundcloud.com/user-554482690

We have uploaded quite a few demo tracks for you to sink your teeth into  :thumbsup: so enjoy!

Our focus has been developing our story more and more and we are looking into adding some really exciting ideas to help make the game even more dynamic. All this aside we have been having a bit of trouble with locating a pixel artist who can handle the creation of map design, so this has slowed us down dramatically. This isn't stopping us though, look forward to more updates from the team coming soon. I will do my best to post weekly updates from this point on.

Please check my posts for official links to the project. At this point in time, I am the only one who will providing such information.

Cheers :beer:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:16:02 pm by Utopia »
Always looking to hear from the fans! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at BornofDreamers@gmail.com

Utopia

• Born of Dreamers
    • View Profile
    • Born of Dreamers
Big News
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2019, 12:37:46 am »
Hi friends  :crazy:

What a journey, its been a long time but I finally decided it was a good idea to come back and make a post on this thread. Yes, I know that bumping old threads isn't usually a good thing but in this case it needed to be done. I have been receiving lots of emails from fans who through their journeys on the internet brought them to this thread. Searching for any sort of information around Secret of Evermore and possible spiritual sequels, fan projects, and so on, they began having questions that needed answers. So here I am, ready answer to these questions as well as give the full story and updates regarding what happened with the project.

I should begin with the current state of the project and what has been happening over the last few years. The game had been developed quite a bit from scratch in Unity. We had reached a point where we had developed a few maps and a handful of unique enemies. Building the code from the ground up was essentially the same as building an indie game, instead of editing the original rom. We wanted to create a game that was going to stand on it's own. We started discuss the project's future and decided that as we developed content that the game simply was becoming more and more ambitious. It was a hard decision to make but I decided that I no longer simply wanted to create a sequel to Secret of Evermore but instead to create an entirely new game. Of course their was plenty of inspiration that I still had from Evermore and that can be seen in what we are currently working on.

The team I had at the time was disbanded, it was best for everyone and we all learned so much from working together. Shortly after this happened, I began working on this new project. I developed everything again from scratch and began drawing inspiration from many other games as well as Evermore. This was the game I wanted to build all along. I worked for about a year and half building art, code and other assets and had made decent progress. Unfortunately at this point, there was a tragic turn of events. The home I was living in at the time had a terrible house fire and destroyed everything I owned including the entire the project. Nothing was backed up on a Cloud server, only on physical drives all of which were lost. I spent the last 2 years working on getting back on my feet after this happened. It hasn't been easy but I never gave up and I told myself that when the time was right I would begin game development again.

It's heartbreaking and I feel the pain every single day but I'm stronger then I ever have been and today marks 6 months of code development on our new game "Born of Dreamers".  This new game I have slowly been developing concept art and pixel art work for the last year and half and made incredible progress. I finally have begun working with a veteran in the industry of game development, a true professional who specifically works with small indies to bring high quality projects to life. We are a solid team, very small, yet very focused. That brings me to the current state of the project. We are currently in pre-development and it is going very well. We are working towards our first playable demo with some sort of short video trailer, a short gameplay trailer which we would like to do from time to time. After that we will begin updating the fans regularly on new builds.  Once we are finished with pre-development we plan to release a kickstarter trailer accompanied by the kickstarter campaign.

For fans of Evermore and the fan project we worked on prior to the current game we were building, here is some insight to our style.  Inspiration is being taken from Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Terranigma, Chrono Trigger and a few others. Those 4 game are our pillars of influence and Evermore is still my biggest of the four without a doubt.  I hope everyone who continues to have passion and love for Evermore that this game will be what they have been waiting for and even more then ever could have imagined.

If you have interest in following us and learning more we have some social media links I can provide here and I can also update the initial post for this thread with the same links. Currently, we have not been using social media up until a few weeks ago. Also all of the old posts I had made were deleted due to the content being wiped out by the fire. That being said, as I mentioned above, we have tons of content just waiting to be revealed (I'm talking lots  :laugh: ) but we have been keeping quiet about posting content.  Development has been the priority over the last 6 months but the time has come to start rolling out updates and art for the fans. Builds of the game in action are also very close so after discussing it, we decided to get on social media and start talking about it.

Please feel free to follow us at the following social media links:

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bornofdreamers/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/BornofDreamers
IndieDB - https://www.indiedb.com/games/born-of-dreamers
Facebook page - Coming soon
Steam - Coming soon

Also, below is an old mock up piece that was put together around the time of the conception, building the early concept for the game. I only had one character and a single map and keep in mind this is over 2 years old. This is simply to give you an idea of the art style without spoiling any new content that we have yet to post.

For now I think that about covers everything. I don't want to ramble on and on. We are looking forward to hearing from more of you and I want to say a huge thank you to all who contacted me personally. All the fans who showed me love and support. You reminding me of the passion that inspired me to create a game that I wanted to play for the love for the old school gamers like myself. That there are plenty of people out there who want this to play this game and share that same passion. In those hard times, it was you who kept pushing me forward. I really appreciate you from the bottom of my heart. We are working hard to make the best possible game for every single of one of you and I promise we won't let you down.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:49:55 am by Utopia »
Always looking to hear from the fans! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at BornofDreamers@gmail.com

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Re: Born of Dreamers - formerly Secret of Evermore 2
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2019, 04:40:29 pm »
"new" mockup looks good! Good luck with this.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.