News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.09.2)  (Read 303288 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Alright, 2 more for you (Using FF3USME Dialog Line):

When Ramuh is talking line 1086, the "Espers" is not capitalized:

Ramuh: That doesn't mean we can't live here, too. espers come in a variety of forms.<EOP>
My appearance is similar to yours, so I can live among you not worrying about anyone finding out the truth.

And the description for Kaiser Claws:

Set of spiked knukcle claws...

Espers have been uncapitalized for a while now. Like human, esper is not a proper noun.

As for Kaiser Claws (Knuckles). That was also on purpose. There is only so much space for the name of an item. It was in an earlier version KaiserKnucks, but I got a few complaints about the name of it. So Kaiser Claws it is.

octorox

• View Profile
I think you misinterpreted. It seems like they were pointing out that esper should be capitalized in that instance because it begins a sentence, not because it's a proper noun. Also the second issue wasn't the name Kaiser Claws but the fact that the word "knuckle" is misspelled in the description.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I think you misinterpreted. It seems like they were pointing out that esper should be capitalized in that instance because it begins a sentence, not because it's a proper noun. Also the second issue wasn't the name Kaiser Claws but the fact that the word "knuckle" is misspelled in the description.

My mistake. I was reading it on my phone and responded too quickly. I'll have those two fixed soon. I'll wait to release the next update though until you've finished the game.

kjinn22

• View Profile
Sounds very fair! Working on that in the next few weeks.

And my bad, especially for the second one I definitely could have been a little more clear.

kjinn22

• View Profile
Okay, done! I just found one more...

The Minerva Bust says it provides a 25% bonus to maximum HP instead of MP in its description.

Thanks for the fun run! Was a great translation, added a lot to the vanilla experience, and all the bug fixes and addons were great as well!

Chrono 199X

• View Profile
Hello Rodimus, congrats on the great hack. Someone recently asked me about FFVI hacks and since i haven't played TWUE since a quite older version (I'm going through Namingway 1.98b now and it's great) i felt like i couldn't give them a correct answer, because the question was about the script and i haven't gone through TWUE since you added Mato's work.

How accurate to the japanese is the script right now compared to other hacks out there? Because a few new hacks appeared since the Legends of Localization videos, it's hard for me to know how different they are without playing all. Is TWUE now basically accurate script + Woolsey's fan favorite lines while the other hacks are the same without his lines or are all hacks scripts very different at the moment?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Okay, done! I just found one more...

The Minerva Bust says it provides a 25% bonus to maximum HP instead of MP in its description.

Thanks for the fun run! Was a great translation, added a lot to the vanilla experience, and all the bug fixes and addons were great as well!

Thanks again for finding those. They've been corrected and I have submitted Version 2.09.2 for approval!

EDIT - Okay 2.09.2 is available to download!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:55:14 pm by Rodimus Primal »