News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.01)  (Read 135256 times)

edale

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 1.98)
« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2018, 01:30:29 am »
If you're wondering about the Updated Opera, I chose to release this with the option for people to use the OLD translation for that section of the game as its a preference thing. Square currently uses the updated lyrics in their live performances as they BETTER match the actual melody of the song.
I can verify this after all my work on the different opera versions for the MSU patch. The updated lyrics match almost perfectly with the spoken lyrics in most of the versions, and the spoken parts match up to the point that the lip flaps match up once the song is timed properly.

Hey hey. :)  I have never ever played FF VI and now I'm deciding to take it by the horns.
Might I suggest trying out the Dancing Mad MSU-1 patch as well, it's 100% compatible with this patch, and massively enhances the audio.
https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/releases
(run the Dancing Mad installer targeting an unmodded unheadered 1.0 ROM, then apply the Ted Woolsey patch on top of that)

An MSU-1 patch basically allows the SNES to play CD quality audio. It is playable through RetroArch using the "lr-snes9x (current)" emulation core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHT98HBgpE
This video shows an example, and is from MUCH earlier in development than it is now (it's essentially finished atm, and pretty much all the bugs have been eliminated, and is on a public beta), but gives a good idea of the improvement on the music (and yes, the music has been properly normalized since that video was made).

There are several options for pretty much every track, so if you don't like a particular version of a song you can just replace it with a different one. Also, if you find a version of a song online that you'd like converted for use with the MSU-1 mod, just PM me and I'll convert it for you. (For the closest to the original, select "OST" as the music option, it's the offical remastered FFVI soundtrack CD released by Square; One thing, I'd use the OTH version of the opera, rather than the ost one if you go this route, sooo much better with actual vocals)

https://mega.nz/#F!PJZg1IRb!kS3ECIgKhAkc-qHWkVGRAg
This is a little mod I made, called the 'Cut Songs Restoration mod', that is applied after the Dancing Mad patch which seamlessly reintroduces 4 songs from the FFVI Special Tracks album, which were written for FFVI, but not implemented in the final game.

https://mega.nz/#!3UR0nShJ!6V6FlV9kgMGIztJ5oGjS8C1QoojhaOrxtdtqZzP5crM
This is a version of Madsiur's Music Player mod (the same one included with the Ted Woolsey patch) altered to be fully compatible with both this patch and the MSU-1 mod. Credit to Madsiur for coding it. There is also a version in there with the songs from my mod added to the music player, should you choose to use my patch as well. Apply this patch after the Ted Woolsey patch.

Patching order for all 4 patches would be:
1. Dancing Mad
2. Cut Songs Restoration
3. Ted Woolsey
4. Music Player
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:12:25 am by edale »

Dispo96

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2018, 06:21:12 pm »
That music sounds unbelievable to be honest, for a video game, I have Sen 550's, sounds stellar.  I'm already like 5 hours in to the game though and don't want to restart or I would have done that. :)

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 13, 2018, 04:34:53 pm »
That music sounds unbelievable to be honest, for a video game, I have Sen 550's, sounds stellar.  I'm already like 5 hours in to the game though and don't want to restart or I would have done that. :)
You should be able to apply the MSU-1 patch, and carry the save (.srm file) over from your current playthrough to the new ROM. You'll lose any savestates, but you don't want to use savestates when changing the coding in the ROM anyways (that way lies glitching and madness).

*edit- The .srm will be compatible even if you need to switch emulators to get the MSU-1 mod working.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:07:58 pm by edale »

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:03 pm »
Hey Rodimus! So, I'm using the Updated Opera patch and noticed that The Dream Oath, when Draco crashes Ralse's ball, still uses the old lyrics when Draco and Ralse declare they'll duel for Maria's hand.

I actually re-timed that sequence, as well as portions of Spoons' updated Aria, and it matches up really well now. I can send a video over of how it matches up, if you'd like.

Take care.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2018, 06:22:46 pm »
Hey Rodimus! So, I'm using the Updated Opera patch and noticed that The Dream Oath, when Draco crashes Ralse's ball, still uses the old lyrics when Draco and Ralse declare they'll duel for Maria's hand.

I actually re-timed that sequence, as well as portions of Spoons' updated Aria, and it matches up really well now. I can send a video over of how it matches up, if you'd like.

Take care.

I would. If we are updating the Opera, might as well do it the best we can. I was also thinking about looking into other smaller lines in game that might need some tweaking. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2018, 07:58:39 pm »
https://youtu.be/bNoxvkJQzqw

Here's the video example. I even replaced the speaking parts with (Abbreviated for space) versions of the GBA script. Sorry about the audio popping and I apologize for using speedup in parts where there isn't singing, but I attempted to record this 5 times and something went wrong for 4 of them... I was kinda getting sick of it lmao

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »

Here's the video example. I even replaced the speaking parts with (Abbreviated for space) versions of the GBA script. Sorry about the audio popping and I apologize for using speedup in parts where there isn't singing, but I attempted to record this 5 times and something went wrong for 4 of them... I was kinda getting sick of it lmao

Nice. I think I will update that part. I actually like the timing on the lines there a lot better. In the meantime, was there anything else you might have noticed that needed a bit of tidying up in the script so far?

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2018, 05:02:19 am »
It all looks pretty solid to me. I've been dabbling off and on in it.

I'll post a Pastebin in a bit of the retimed singing sections. Do you want the speaking parts too or no?

samuricex

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2018, 10:11:49 am »
Is there anyway to get the 1.97a version?  I was running the 1.97 version, got the the Gerad bug, installed 1.98 over it but it's not recognizing my saves.  Hoping 1.79a would change that.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 16, 2018, 12:48:09 pm »
It all looks pretty solid to me. I've been dabbling off and on in it.

I'll post a Pastebin in a bit of the retimed singing sections. Do you want the speaking parts too or no?

Yeah that works. Just send me a PM.

Is there anyway to get the 1.97a version?  I was running the 1.97 version, got the the Gerad bug, installed 1.98 over it but it's not recognizing my saves.  Hoping 1.79a would change that.

ALWAYS install onto a clean unheadered ROM. Don't patch over an already patched ROM. It should work then.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 16, 2018, 01:07:40 pm »
Never, ever patch a newer version of the same patch on top of another for anything unless it says specifically that you can.  That's why anti-patches exist for bugfixes, and also one reason why some patches check for checksums.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:38:53 pm by Chronosplit »

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 16, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »
*Has flashbacks of after he sent his 4th revision of PCM's for the Opera scenes to Insidious for the MSU-1 patch, and then realized he had only fixed the timing on the Aria, he hadn't even touched on the rest of the spoken parts, let alone matching the musical cues up to the action on the non-spoken parts...*

Ah... Good times.

Love the new lyrics in there.

I'll have to keep an eye out for when/if this makes it into the patch, and check to make sure I don't need to tweak the audio in the Dancing Mad MSU-1 patch to keep everything matched up properly (in some cases I had to edit the tempo of the music word by word to make things match up).

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 21, 2018, 06:36:46 pm »
*Has flashbacks of after he sent his 4th revision of PCM's for the Opera scenes to Insidious for the MSU-1 patch, and then realized he had only fixed the timing on the Aria, he hadn't even touched on the rest of the spoken parts, let alone matching the musical cues up to the action on the non-spoken parts...*

Ah... Good times.
Love the new lyrics in there.

I'll have to keep an eye out for when/if this makes it into the patch, and check to make sure I don't need to tweak the audio in the Dancing Mad MSU-1 patch to keep everything matched up properly (in some cases I had to edit the tempo of the music word by word to make things match up).

I hope it all works when its all said and done. In addition to those lines during the opera, I am also polishing a few lines in a few spots. I'm hoping that if anyone has any suggestions as to what lines could use some TLC to let me know.

I've also been doing additional tweaks in preparation for the next release. I've found that there are some empty tiles I can use to help with some of the longer monster names that look a bit off when abbreviated. I don't think I can go as crazy as I did for Namingway Edition, but squish tiles like it, ti, il, li, and ll will come in handy. For example, The Cloud Wraith is currently called Cld Wraith, but can fully say CloudWraith when finished.

The Platinum Dragon and Phantom Train in battle will be called PlatinumDgn and PhantomTrn respectively.

Further, I'm going to fully write out name changes for folks wondering what guide to use. This will be similar to the list in Namingway Edition, but will say SNES - GBA/Mobile/Steam - TWUE so people know where the names come from.

Again, to those who've played through this recently, if there are any lines you think could use some sprucing, please do so soon!

UltimateX34

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »
Just installed the latest version of this patch alongside the music player onto an unheadered ROM. Everything was working great but I've noticed one small issue and one MAJOR one.

The small issue is that there's an accessory that changes slots to gil toss. The "Heiji Jette" or something. In the description it reads however "changes slots into G@ toss" or something to that effect.

The big issue is that the sketch glitch is back. I made it up to the 3rd Ultros fight and when I attempted to sketch it freaked out with graphical glitches, random status effects, and 99 daggers, the whole nine yards. I'm going to attempt to re-apply a lone bug-fix patch on top of this one and see if it will help. But I thougt this should definitely be brought to your attention.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2018, 09:33:07 pm »
Just installed the latest version of this patch alongside the music player onto an unheadered ROM. Everything was working great but I've noticed one small issue and one MAJOR one.

The small issue is that there's an accessory that changes slots to gil toss. The "Heiji Jette" or something. In the description it reads however "changes slots into G@ toss" or something to that effect.

The big issue is that the sketch glitch is back. I made it up to the 3rd Ultros fight and when I attempted to sketch it freaked out with graphical glitches, random status effects, and 99 daggers, the whole nine yards. I'm going to attempt to re-apply a lone bug-fix patch on top of this one and see if it will help. But I thougt this should definitely be brought to your attention.

Are you playing with bugfixes or not? I just want to make sure. According to my records I should have applied it to all versions but it's possible I only did so for the bugfix version.

Speaking of bugfixes, I am honestly considering scrapping the non-bugfix version and only giving the option of the updated opera or the original. This way there isn't 6 patches to choose from and since so MANY bugfixes are already applied, this would make sense. Also, going by my current list of applied bugfixes, is there anything ELSE that I should add?

Here's the current list so far of patches that are already applied without bugfixes.

-Original Final Fantasy VI Title Screen (Yazoo)
-B Button Dash (Master Zed)
-Gogo Yellow Streak (assassin17)
-Restore Ability Names (angelo)
-Kefka Final Battle Tiers Graphics (Dr Meat)
-Extended item names (Dr Meat)
-Esper Battle Menu MP Fix (Lenophis)
-Tritoch Graphical Fix (Madsuir)
-Auction Chocobo Fix (Madsuir)
-Inconsistent Gungho (assassin17)
-Gerard and Sabin (Leet Sketcher)

Below are what's in the bugfix patches

-Elemental Display (Lenophis)
-Border Crossing (Imzogelmo, Lenophis, Novalia Spirit)
-Homesick Gau (Djibriel)
-255 hours Display (Leviathan Mist)
-For What Ails Ya! (Lenophis)
-Bad Decoration (Lenophis)
-I condemn thee to hell! (Lenophis)
-Suplex wrongfully splits damage fix (assassin17)
-Allo Ver (Death Warden) fix (using FFUSME)
-Step Mine (Traveler) missing digit fix (assassin17)
-Some MP changes don't update menus fix (assassin17)
-Pink Gogo bugfix (Imzogelmo)
-Reflect barrier shown on bodyguards fix (assassin17)
-Running Popsicle / Lead-footed Esper fix (assassin17)
-Mine Cart Fix (Imzogelmo)
-Deceptive Tapir (assassin17)
-Evade Bug Fix (Terii Senshi)
-Rippler Bug Fix (Terii Senshi)
-FC 05 Bugfix (Master ZED)
-sketch Glitch Bugfix (assassin17)
-Invisible Chests on Phantom Train fix (Shaded Magus)
-Frozen Terra Fix (Madsuir)
-Jump/Launcher and Jump/Super Ball fix (assassin17)

The Add-Ons patch also includes the Rewards Display (Hatzen08) and the Blitz Screen Names in Menu (Leet Sketcher).

So far, in my next update, I've gone through the script and fixed a lot of lines that just didn't work grammatically. Also, thanks to vivify93 and Spooniest, all of the lines in the Updated Opera have been updated, including the lines by Draco and Ralse.

I've also updated a lot of monster names too. (EDITED. Cannot change weapon and item names due to VWF).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:14:48 am by Rodimus Primal »

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 26, 2018, 11:45:36 pm »
I'd just appreciate the bugfixes in the first place without having to wade through godknowshowmany l33tsketch revisions!

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 27, 2018, 12:31:44 am »
Put my vote in the DON'T scrap the non-bugfix version pile, you've taken the bug fixes to far, I much prefer the non-bugfix version.

UltimateX34

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2018, 05:17:51 am »
Are you playing with bugfixes or not? I just want to make sure. According to my records I should have applied it to all versions but it's possible I only did so for the bugfix version.

Speaking of bugfixes, I am honestly considering scrapping the non-bugfix version and only giving the option of the updated opera or the original. This way there isn't 6 patches to choose from and since so MANY bugfixes are already applied, this would make sense. Also, going by my current list of applied bugfixes, is there anything ELSE that I should add?

Here's the current list so far of patches that are already applied without bugfixes.

-Original Final Fantasy VI Title Screen (Yazoo)
-B Button Dash (Master Zed)
-Gogo Yellow Streak (assassin17)
-Restore Ability Names (angelo)
-Kefka Final Battle Tiers Graphics (Dr Meat)
-Extended item names (Dr Meat)
-Esper Battle Menu MP Fix (Lenophis)
-Tritoch Graphical Fix (Madsuir)
-Auction Chocobo Fix (Madsuir)
-Inconsistent Gungho (assassin17)
-Gerard and Sabin (Leet Sketcher)

Below are what's in the bugfix patches

-Elemental Display (Lenophis)
-Border Crossing (Imzogelmo, Lenophis, Novalia Spirit)
-Homesick Gau (Djibriel)
-255 hours Display (Leviathan Mist)
-For What Ails Ya! (Lenophis)
-Bad Decoration (Lenophis)
-I condemn thee to hell! (Lenophis)
-Suplex wrongfully splits damage fix (assassin17)
-Allo Ver (Death Warden) fix (using FFUSME)
-Step Mine (Traveler) missing digit fix (assassin17)
-Some MP changes don't update menus fix (assassin17)
-Pink Gogo bugfix (Imzogelmo)
-Reflect barrier shown on bodyguards fix (assassin17)
-Running Popsicle / Lead-footed Esper fix (assassin17)
-Mine Cart Fix (Imzogelmo)
-Deceptive Tapir (assassin17)
-Evade Bug Fix (Terii Senshi)
-Rippler Bug Fix (Terii Senshi)
-FC 05 Bugfix (Master ZED)
-sketch Glitch Bugfix (assassin17)
-Invisible Chests on Phantom Train fix (Shaded Magus)
-Frozen Terra Fix (Madsuir)
-Jump/Launcher and Jump/Super Ball fix (assassin17)

The Add-Ons patch also includes the Rewards Display (Hatzen08) and the Blitz Screen Names in Menu (Leet Sketcher).

So far, in my next update, I've gone through the script and fixed a lot of lines that just didn't work grammatically. Also, thanks to vivify93 and Spooniest, all of the lines in the Updated Opera have been updated, including the lines by Draco and Ralse.

I've also updated a lot of monster names and I may go through the weapon and armor names as well. I've already fixed Kiku-Ichimonji so I think this is a no brainer.

It's in all the current ones. I'm not sure about the other bug fixes, though I believe the evasion bug is fixed in the current ones, so maybe the sketch glitch bugfix is missing because of an oversight? Or did something get switched back in the updating process?

A couple more things, in any future bug fix updates will you be including the vanish/doom bugfix as well? Also a couple of years ago I played a previous version of this patch and some of the names of Final Kefka's moves seems to have been changed into something entirely different. I distinctly remember "Trine" being changed to "Holy Triad" and "Goner" being changed to "Nova of Darkness". I have yet to reach the end in any of the current versions but have they been changed to the current official names of those attacks? It just threw me off so much when I first got to that part after being so familiar with the SNES/GBA names for those moves.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2018, 10:10:33 am »
I know the feeling, this is why I'm keeping things at four for CT until later. I'd rather not see non-bugfixes go at the same time though.

I may have a way to alieviate this problem a bit.  I have been looking at making a base and a method from which one could in theory make both all and nothing patches when it comes to bugfixes.  It would require a total rebuild of all textual things that aren't abilities however (export/import of script still works, so this crud wouldn't be totally from scratch).  You would also need yet another music player.  Everything after that would be less of a hassle though, as it would also completely nix the need for addon builds (and would also open it up to more addons, renaming Cyan's skills and Mini-Maps Upgrade anyone?)

I'm still kinda working out a couple of what-ifs though, since I've been working on CT as of late I'll need a tiny bit more time.  It should be ready for the next version if you like the idea?

I'd just appreciate the bugfixes in the first place without having to wade through godknowshowmany l33tsketch revisions!

Things have been stablizing a lot on that front as of late.  Another reason why this can work out.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:19:23 am by Chronosplit »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2018, 11:53:17 am »
It's in all the current ones. I'm not sure about the other bug fixes, though I believe the evasion bug is fixed in the current ones, so maybe the sketch glitch bugfix is missing because of an oversight? Or did something get switched back in the updating process?

A couple more things, in any future bug fix updates will you be including the vanish/doom bugfix as well? Also a couple of years ago I played a previous version of this patch and some of the names of Final Kefka's moves seems to have been changed into something entirely different. I distinctly remember "Trine" being changed to "Holy Triad" and "Goner" being changed to "Nova of Darkness". I have yet to reach the end in any of the current versions but have they been changed to the current official names of those attacks? It just threw me off so much when I first got to that part after being so familiar with the SNES/GBA names for those moves.

I don't know if it was an oversight, but just to be sure I used the reverse patch, and then patched it again on ALL versions last night.

I'm going to double check the spell names again to make sure, but if the aren't correct I will change them to match their current naming. I think I may have realized what happened. What makes many of the spell names expanded is angelo26's original and unoptimized Restored Abilities patch, which I edited MANY of his naming choices. I probably didn't restore them as I didn't realize it. I'll be going through that as well.

EDIT- I was right. The names of those spells are different. I'm going with the modern names for these, so Holy Triad will be restored to Trine and Nova of Darkness will be Forsaken (instead of Goner). I think the later fits Kefka a bit better. I'm going through the rest of the spells to be sure. I'm also thinking of a compromise for Sabin. Other than Bum Rush, I went with modern names for his Blitz attacks. I'm thinking of calling Meteor Strike as Meteor Suplex.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:38:22 pm by Rodimus Primal »