News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.01)  (Read 123371 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Did you end up updating the Opera lyrics to match the English performances?

I made a ROM with the lyrics changed to match, however when I made the patch it wasn't compatible with the ROM made from the MSU-1 Installer. I haven't tested yet, but I am going to try and make another that will match the words better. Also, I don't know if you intend to fix the names in the Music Player.

edale

• View Profile
I made a ROM with the lyrics changed to match, however when I made the patch it wasn't compatible with the ROM made from the MSU-1 Installer. I haven't tested yet, but I am going to try and make another that will match the words better. Also, I don't know if you intend to fix the names in the Music Player.
What's wrong with the names in the music player? IIRC the music player patches in the MSU mod are fine.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
What's wrong with the names in the music player? IIRC the music player patches in the MSU mod are fine.

The actual player isn't the issue, it's the song titles. The spacing in the ROM incorrectly places 3 end song bytes to the apostrophe. So now, songs like Locke's Theme or Kefka's Tower are cut off just saying Locke or Kefka. I corrected this with the Music Player included with TWUE, but to my understanding you are using a modified version to be compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

This can be easily remedied by editing it and making a new patch for the Music Player. I can do it but the MSU-1 Installer still uses Version 2.00 of TWUE instead of 2.01. Once that's made I CAN make a patch with the live English performances that should work if I test it out.

edale

• View Profile
The actual player isn't the issue, it's the song titles. The spacing in the ROM incorrectly places 3 end song bytes to the apostrophe. So now, songs like Locke's Theme or Kefka's Tower are cut off just saying Locke or Kefka. I corrected this with the Music Player included with TWUE, but to my understanding you are using a modified version to be compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

This can be easily remedied by editing it and making a new patch for the Music Player. I can do it but the MSU-1 Installer still uses Version 2.00 of TWUE instead of 2.01. Once that's made I CAN make a patch with the live English performances that should work if I test it out.
I'll need to check, but I think those fixes are already in the MSU music player.

*edit- Hmmm, nope. Those tracks are displaying with the problem you described.

*edit2- https://mega.nz/#!iZ5HySCC!6BlSleNSEm50EkOQ5_X-qlOkphgO_M8a-eDpxAMsDjY
That's a link to the modified Music Player, including ASM files. Should make fixing the issue simple.
We only use the main menu versions in the Dancing Mad installer.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:39:13 am by edale »

Madsiur

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • FF6 hacker
    • View Profile
I dunno the cause of these apostrophes bugs in song names. Maybe the ASM file text encoding is the cause or maybe it's an xkas thing or something related to my PC but assembling the hack on my PC (and same for you?) cause this bug. The apostrophe is part of the table, just change the 3 bytes in a hex editor, it should be fairly simple.

Isao Kronos

• ???
    • View Profile
How shifted are values regarding Gau's Rages? I missed Stray Cat so I was going to maybe look into hex editing it into my srm's inventory or something when I get Gau back. I found a set of AR codes but they modify more than one rage at a time for some reason.

EDIT: Turns out I wasn't too far, had to do the Veldt loop before going to Kohlingen.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:24:40 am by Isao Kronos »

Digitsie

• View Profile
Is this something significant enough for you to look at?

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4084/

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Is this something significant enough for you to look at?

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4084/
IIRC, TWUE already has Bannon Riding.  I forget, would this add in anything that you'll actually see in-game on a chocobo?

Digitsie

• View Profile
From reading the description, it's not compatible with the Bannon riding thing, and it fixes up sprites of other things as well.

In Final Fantasy VI, there is a semi-famous bug called the “Chocobo Riding Glitch”. Though it is only possible to trigger this glitch with Banon in an unhacked game, it can actually affect any sprite beyond the Main Characters, Vicks/Wedge, and the Imp. It affects not only Chocobos, but Magitek armor as well.

This patch completes the spritesheets of the 5 guest characters that are controlled by the player over the course of the game, allowing anyone who is ever in your party to ride a chocobo or use Magitek. The expanded sheets are Leo, Banon, Ghost, Merchant, and Esper Terra. A full explanation of how it was done is provided in the readme.

It also fixes a few other issues present in the game: (1) Esper Terra now has a tent, and her eye shading was fixed on 2 rarely-used sprites. (2) The Ghost’s tent was recolored to bone-white. (3) The “surprised” face for the Soldier Sprite (never used in the base game) has been redrawn so as not to look like a glitch. (4) The Formation Palettes for Esper Terra and Kefka, which were incorrect in the base game, have been corrected.

This hack is intended to be used by anyone who is tinkering with Final Fantasy VI, whether it’s as small as using a save state editor to change the character graphics, or as large as writing a hack to add in new characters.

It is not compatible with any other patch that attempts to fix the chocobo riding glitch, including CV Reynolds Compilation and Bugfix Patch or LeetSketcher’s Banon Riding Patch.