News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.01)  (Read 134529 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 1.98)
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »
Mug was one of the biggest bugs that GBA never fixed.  Though it's especially weird given that the Valiant Knife and Ultima Weapon are influenced by this, we can only guess at intent here.  I wonder if the mobile/PC version actually looked at this later or just fixed GBA-only issues like new equipment problems?  The FF Wiki doesn't detail mobile/PC much outside of images.

I'm hoping that the issue with FF3USME is fixed too.  I wonder if Shadow's Status also doesn't do the same thing now (that was the other one that went kaboom with FF3USME editing, wasn't it)?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:32:35 pm by Chronosplit »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 04, 2018, 09:24:45 pm »
Mug was one of the biggest bugs that GBA never fixed.  Though it's especially weird given that the Valiant Knife and Ultima Weapon are influenced by this, we can only guess at intent here.  I wonder if the mobile/PC version actually looked at this later or just fixed GBA-only issues like new equipment problems?  The FF Wiki doesn't detail mobile/PC much outside of images.

I'm hoping that the issue with FF3USME is fixed too.  I wonder if Shadow's Status also doesn't do the same thing now (that was the other one that went kaboom with FF3USME editing, wasn't it)?

It was. However, I was using the OLD version of Gerard and Sabin, before Leet Sketcher updated all of his patches to no longer use free space. I think what was happening is that FF3USME happened to write something into the ROM that interfered with his older code. After removing the older version, applying the new one, making an edit with FF3USME and saving, I tried out the scene with Gerard. It seems to work perfectly.

I'm still going to make tests as I apply patches, however once I've added everything in, I will need someone to play test it to make sure everything is working perfectly. I work full time so I won't have the necessary time to give it the time it needs in short order.

EDIT- Upon testing, most of Leet Sketcher's bugfixes (of what I selected) work without any issues. King's Robes causes a patching error no matter what I do. Color Wheel seems to tweak sections of altered code within TWUE and I'm not sure where. I am not using Map Mishap, Dead Hare, nor Shadow's Status as I don't want to cause any issues. Shadow's Statusis also currently NOT available on Leet Sketcher's website, so I would think it's for a good reason. I believe Randomosity Monster Random Enctounter and Auto Swordless Runic were the root to my previous issues and they have been left out just in case they actually are.

As of right now there are only two things left to do before I create the patches for release. The first is to fully play test the game from start to finish to ensure there is nothing left to tweak. The second has to do with the Music Player and Madsuir will be getting that to me soon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:44:26 am by Rodimus Primal »

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 05, 2018, 09:24:38 am »
The patching error with King's Robes is that Leet was able to free up a byte in their routine, and it looks like what they did was literally go into the patch with a hex editor and removed that byte, as opposed to making an actual new patch. So when patching it, Lunar IPS will read it as an error--but it seems to work fine overall.

If you wanna test for compatibility, I could whip something up for ya?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:54:15 am by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 05, 2018, 10:13:46 am »
I've noticed this with Shadow's Status too.  It was never taken down from RHDN or Slick, so this may be just an error?  It's still in the anniversary packs I think?

I don't blame you for wanting to take it safe with it though.  I would probably be doing the same.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:19:22 am by Chronosplit »

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2018, 03:38:34 pm »
The second has to do with the Music Player and Madsuir will be getting that to me soon.
Could I ask what needs to be changed in the Music Player? Basically, should I be contacting Madsiur for an updated Music Player patch for the MSU-1 mod to maintain compatibility with the new version of TWUE?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »
Could I ask what needs to be changed in the Music Player? Basically, should I be contacting Madsiur for an updated Music Player patch for the MSU-1 mod to maintain compatibility with the new version of TWUE?

It's a song name issue. There was an error in an earlier version with the Main Menu patch because of the 255 hour clock patch and Madsuir fixed it. He also moved the song names to another location in the ROM for Free Space issues with other patches. When he did, he used an older version of the song titles by mistake. This happens to be the version that is with 1.98. He got back to me and will have it before I'm ready to release the update anyway, so there shouldn't be any worries.

The patching error with King's Robes is that Leet was able to free up a byte in their routine, and it looks like what he did was literally go into the patch with a hex editor and removed that byte, as opposed to making an actual new patch. So when patching it, Lunar IPS will read it as an error--but it seems to work fine overall.

If you wanna test for compatibility, I could whip something up for ya?

I can test to make sure it works, but if you're willing to try it out, that would be most helpful.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:00:53 pm by Rodimus Primal »

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2018, 06:45:00 pm »
So, I made a patch for King's Robes that appears to be friendly to Zephyr/mblock129's Patch Conflict Finder, but TUSH can't detect the header of a ROM patched with either the original King's Robes nor my new patch, citing that the ROM is corrupt despite it actually being fine aside from some kind of checksum change. I do know King's Robes in general is FF3usME-friendly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3j6e83s16bf811/King%27s%20Robes%20%28NH%2C%201.0%2C%20no-corrupt%29.ips

Zephyr also made Edgar Revealed, but it adds an event and is not FF3usME-friendly. (The game will hang when Edgar throws off his Gerad disguise.)

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2018, 08:16:02 pm »
It's a song name issue. There was an error in an earlier version with the Main Menu patch because of the 255 hour clock patch and Madsuir fixed it. He also moved the song names to another location in the ROM for Free Space issues with other patches. When he did, he used an older version of the song titles by mistake. This happens to be the version that is with 1.98. He got back to me and will have it before I'm ready to release the update anyway, so there shouldn't be any worries.
Hmm... Well I have all the changes made to the version of the Music Player in TWUE 1.98 already (given I'm the reason most of them were made, lol); so it's just a few song names are being changed?

Eh, I'll take a peek at the new music player's song titles and compare them before deciding whether to bug Madsiur for an update to the MSU-1 version.

Oh, and you keep spelling his name "Madsuir", it's "Madsiur".

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2018, 10:31:04 pm »
Hmm... Well I have all the changes made to the version of the Music Player in TWUE 1.98 already (given I'm the reason most of them were made, lol); so it's just a few song names are being changed?

Eh, I'll take a peek at the new music player's song titles and compare them before deciding whether to bug Madsiur for an update to the MSU-1 version.

Oh, and you keep spelling his name "Madsuir", it's "Madsiur".

I don't know why I keep misspelling it. I guess the ui is easier to type than iu.

The older list created 3 spaces instead of typing an apostrophe so if you look at it in HEX, you'll see Terra 00 00 00 s FE (for space) Theme. So when you scroll down the list, it will simply say Terra.

Grand Finale is named Grand Final #3. Another World of Beasts is Beast. Dancing Mad is supposed to be in 3 parts. Dancing Mad I, Dancing Mad II, and Dancing Mad III. Instead you will see Dancing Mad 1, ? , and Dancing Mad # 4.2.

These will be corrected upon release.

So, I made a patch for King's Robes that appears to be friendly to Zephyr/mblock129's Patch Conflict Finder, but TUSH can't detect the header of a ROM patched with either the original King's Robes nor my new patch, citing that the ROM is corrupt despite it actually being fine aside from some kind of checksum change. I do know King's Robes in general is FF3usME-friendly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3j6e83s16bf811/King%27s%20Robes%20%28NH%2C%201.0%2C%20no-corrupt%29.ips

Zephyr also made Edgar Revealed, but it adds an event and is not FF3usME-friendly. (The game will hang when Edgar throws off his Gerad disguise.)

I think I'm staying clear of this one for the time being.

So far, I'm playing through a new game as we speak. Hopefully I can get through it quickly enough.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2018, 10:45:30 pm »
The older list created 3 spaces instead of typing an apostrophe so if you look at it in HEX, you'll see Terra 00 00 00 s FE (for space) Theme. So when you scroll down the list, it will simply say Terra.

Grand Finale is named Grand Final #3. Another World of Beasts is Beast. Dancing Mad is supposed to be in 3 parts. Dancing Mad I, Dancing Mad II, and Dancing Mad III. Instead you will see Dancing Mad 1, ? , and Dancing Mad # 4.2.

These will be corrected upon release.
Hmmm... Just labeling the character themes with the character names isn't a big issue, because it's consistent across them all. Dancing Mad has already been fixed in the MSU-1 version. So the only real remaining issue is "Another World of Beast".

Guess it's just down to how much of a perfectionist I want to be, probably not going to bother Madsiur for an update then, if it's just add 1 letter on.

Blasterfight

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 06, 2018, 10:46:24 pm »
I found those typos while playing the game. It was an older version of the patch, so I don't know they have been fixed already.
* during the banquet with gestahl he says "you're" instead of "your"
* during the fight between leo and kefka, one of kefka's words is cut out (missing the final letter). can't remember which one tho

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 07, 2018, 09:12:10 am »

Just saw King's Robes being updated on the hacks page, apparently due to 'length error making the patch unusable'. This what you fixed?

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 07, 2018, 11:58:09 am »
Oh wow, nope. That was an absolute coincidence. Maybe Leet was reading the thread?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 07, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »
I'm impressed he got to it so quick if this is true.  :beer:

Either way, holy heck look at that new conflict finder.  This might just replace Patch Checker completely, which would be great since I need to use a separate Wine wrapper for PC.  We can now apparently check patches with both TWUE and music player configs.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2018, 02:37:30 pm »
Interesting. I'm hoping that this new version works. I don't have a save file near that point if anyone is willing to test it out.

I found those typos while playing the game. It was an older version of the patch, so I don't know they have been fixed already.
* during the banquet with gestahl he says "you're" instead of "your"
* during the fight between leo and kefka, one of kefka's words is cut out (missing the final letter). can't remember which one tho

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I had fixed those. As I look for it, would happen to remember which lines? 

Okay. So I have tested King's Robes and it works as far as I can tell. I like this continuity fix. This will be in the Bug Fixes patches.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:59:32 pm by Rodimus Primal »

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2018, 05:25:11 pm »
I recently started FF6 over for this patch (I was playing BNW last year and got fed up with some decisions, then switched to gba then CV's bugfix patch) and so far I'm actually rather liking this. Think I'll try to finish ff6 again using it.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:31 pm »
Either way, holy heck look at that new conflict finder.  This might just replace Patch Checker completely, which would be great since I need to use a separate Wine wrapper for PC.  We can now apparently check patches with both TWUE and music player configs.
New conflict finder? I'm intrigued, can I get a link to this?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2018, 09:36:36 pm »
New conflict finder? I'm intrigued, can I get a link to this?
It's on Leet's site, but you can also find it in the Utilities' newest upload here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1386/

Blasterfight

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 09, 2018, 03:33:26 am »
I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I had fixed those. As I look for it, would happen to remember which lines? 
I don't have the old patched rom anymore, so i tried to re-play the scenes on the latest patch and indeed they seem to have been fixed.
About the exact lines i can't remember. I think the typos were::
their->they're
such->suc

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 09, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »
I don't have the old patched rom anymore, so i tried to re-play the scenes on the latest patch and indeed they seem to have been fixed.
About the exact lines i can't remember. I think the typos were::
their->they're
such->suc

I think I remember being told about them in an earlier version and I had fixed them.

So far in my playthrough, everything has been great so far. The Opera is timed really well, and currently I'm up to Vector. Hoping I can get to Thamasa soon.