News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 1.96)  (Read 68541 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
That's happening here too, no addons.

I didn't push it up right away because I didn't get to check, I've been focused on CT and FFT. XD

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Verified. Unheadered 1.0 rom with the "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95).ips" and the "Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95) + Bug Fixes, Updated Opera, & Add-Ons.ips". It is not corrected when adding the music player patch.

And just when you think you're done? BAM, a glitch shows up.. Though you've been at it longer, I feel your pain guys.

Edit; Not sure if it'll matter, but the patching utility I used was LunarIPS.

It's not you. I really don't know what caused it but I'll have it fixed tonight. That certainly is the strangest bug as I never touched that line.

EDIT- Version 1.95a has been submitted to fix that bug.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:38:01 pm by Rodimus Primal »

lexluthermiester

• View Profile

It's not you. I really don't know what caused it but I'll have it fixed tonight. That certainly is the strangest bug as I never touched that line.

EDIT- Version 1.95a has been submitted to fix that bug.
Ok. When it goes live I'll give it a try. Thanks RP!

BTW, Kinda curious, what bug would cause that kind of corruption? I got as far as meeting Edgar in the sand castle and didn't see anything else out of sorts.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
That's... actually a really good question.

Could the incident with fixpatches going out of whack and the bug in the intro be remotely related?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I really don't know what caused it. They only thing I can think of is that FF3USME could have scrambled the line wrong if I accidentally hit save twice in a row. Since I'm at the point where I'm only concerned with fixing line errors, I hope this irons out all of it.

It's been updated to Version 1.95a.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:54:36 am by Rodimus Primal »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
The problem continues, so I tested all the patches separately and Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95a) + Bug Fixes, Updated Opera, & Add-Ons.ips was the only one that kept presenting the bug.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:56:04 pm by darthvaderx »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
So it just went unfixed in that patch?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
The problem continues, so I tested all the patches separately and Final Fantasy VI (TWUE 1.95a) + Bug Fixes, Updated Opera, & Add-Ons.ips was the only one that kept presenting the bug.

Must have been an oversight on my part. Had some health issues to take care of IRL and was rushing to fix this before that happened. I've submitted an update with a fixed version of that patch.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition
« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2017, 06:19:33 pm »
Must have been an oversight on my part. Had some health issues to take care of IRL and was rushing to fix this before that happened. I've submitted an update with a fixed version of that patch.

Okay, okay, it's all right, just do not overdo it, you've done a lot for us ... :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:16:36 am by darthvaderx »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woosley Uncensored Edition
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2017, 11:35:03 am »
Okay, okay, it's all right, just do not overdo it, you've done a lot for us ... :thumbsup:

Thanks. I really appreciate all of your patience and help. I'll be recovering physically so anything that I can fix I can address right away. I thought I had fixed Cyan's dream text in an earlier version, however GeminiSunFall's playthrough on Youtube has been extremely helpful. Curly is now named properly and correct punctuation for all three Dream Stooges is fixed for when 1.96 gets uploaded.

If there's any other grammar or script errors let me know. I'd like the next version to be ironed out completely.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
I really don't know what caused it. They only thing I can think of is that FF3USME could have scrambled the line wrong if I accidentally hit save twice in a row. Since I'm at the point where I'm only concerned with fixing line errors, I hope this irons out all of it.

It's been updated to Version 1.95a.
Just briefly tried out 1.95b, everything seems fine. Very cool. And Thank You for all your hard work!

Otaku-2

• View Profile
Couple more errors that I've spotted from my recent sessions. http://imgur.com/a/GtAhq

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Just briefly tried out 1.95b, everything seems fine. Very cool. And Thank You for all your hard work!

Thanks. I've submitted version 1.96 with a couple of things I found in my last playthrough and hopefully that should be all.

EDIT- Version 1.96 is now live!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:54:10 pm by Rodimus Primal »

Zeikar

• View Profile
Thanks. I've submitted version 1.96 with a couple of things I found in my last playthrough and hopefully that should be all.

EDIT- Version 1.96 is now live!
This is great, I really should play through this again with 1.96.

vectorman

• I am VectorMan
    • View Profile
    • Code Isle Software
On that note, since I got TactText working on Wine I intend to get Patch Checker and IPSPeek going soon.  I won't have any guarantees for a good while, but I'm going to attempt to get some vague idea about the add-on patch that can be thrown into the .txt files.

Since for the most part this is probably going to be just looking up conflicts with space, I'm pretty sure not much will change but there will be a couple of notes.

EDIT: Rain check on that, this isn't working as well as I had hoped because both need the dreaded dotnet40.

Hi, I'm the coder of IPS Peek. Yeah, unfortunately it is incompatible with Linux due to its reliance on this: http://objectlistview.sourceforge.net/cs/index.html ... Other than that, it would pretty much work with Mono. My plan was to eventually support Linux + Mac too, but I had to put my plans on hold (working on a big project at the moment.) 

To get it running on Linux, I would either need to:

1. Find a ListView comparable to OLV with Mono support.
2. Completely rewrite IPS Peek in another language or UI technology.
Software Developer: http://www.codeisle.com
Technology News: http://www.ossoft.org

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Hi, I'm the coder of IPS Peek. Yeah, unfortunately it is incompatible with Linux due to its reliance on this: http://objectlistview.sourceforge.net/cs/index.html ... Other than that, it would pretty much work with Mono. My plan was to eventually support Linux + Mac too, but I had to put my plans on hold (working on a big project at the moment.) 

To get it running on Linux, I would either need to:

1. Find a ListView comparable to OLV with Mono support.
2. Completely rewrite IPS Peek in another language or UI technology.
Ah, I see.  Thanks a lot for this information!

octorox

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 1.96)
« Reply #456 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »
So I'm trying to follow the included guide on incorporating more bugfixes that are not included with TWUE but I'm honestly not sure where to find all of the mentioned fixes (they're not all on RHDN). Does anyone have a full list of download locations for the newest versions of all these additional fixes?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 13, 2017, 09:15:22 pm »
So I'm trying to follow the included guide on incorporating more bugfixes that are not included with TWUE but I'm honestly not sure where to find all of the mentioned fixes (they're not all on RHDN). Does anyone have a full list of download locations for the newest versions of all these additional fixes?

They really are scattered around the web since so many made fixes for this game. Personally, I think the ones I chose accomplish the ones that really need it and the rest aren't that necessary.

Voyaging

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »
Hey guys. I've played FF6 (the FF3 US SNES release) as a kid but never finished it and want to go back and play it all the way through, but I'm having a hard time deciding which version is best.

Is this considered the best version of the game? I'm looking, I guess, for the version that is truest to the original vision of the Japanese game designers, but  understandable (that is to say, literal translations sometimes aren't the truest to the original vision because they don't express the original ideas adequately in the new language).

I played this version a bit and it's my favorite just at a glance, the translation seems fantastic and little things like the font being better than the RPGOne version and the "class" names in the menu and SwdTech correctly being called Bushido are really great.

I don't want to play any of the GBA versions because I'm playing on a CRT and the different aspect ratio makes it look way worse.

I'm strongly leaning towards using TWUE one over any of the others, but just wanted input on how it compares to the official FF3 SNES release (side question: is there any difference between the v1.1 US SNES FF3 ROM and FF3 on Wii Virtual Console?) and the "Relocalization Project" (https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/ again, ugly font, but the translation otherwise seems to be of comparable high caliber to TWUE). Those are the 3 that seemed to be the most of what I'm looking for, dunno if I'm missing any really important ones. RPGOne is just ugly and I don't think I can handle all the literal name translations like calling Espers: Demons.

Also, I'll definitely be using the Bug Fixes if I use TWUE, but should I use the Updated Opera and Add-ons?

Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:18:23 pm by Voyaging »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 16, 2017, 09:00:53 pm »
Hey guys. I've played FF6 (the FF3 US SNES release) as a kid but never finished it and want to go back and play it all the way through, but I'm having a hard time deciding which version is best.

Is this considered the best version of the game? I'm looking, I guess, for the version that is truest to the original vision of the Japanese game designers, but  understandable (that is to say, literal translations sometimes aren't the truest to the original vision because they don't express the original ideas adequately in the new language).

I played this version a bit and it's my favorite just at a glance, the translation seems fantastic and little things like the font being better than the RPGOne version and the "class" names in the menu and SwdTech correctly being called Bushido are really great.

I don't want to play any of the GBA versions because I'm playing on a CRT and the different aspect ratio makes it look way worse.

I'm strongly leaning towards using TWUE one over any of the others, but just wanted input on how it compares to the official FF3 SNES release (side question: is there any difference between the v1.1 US SNES FF3 ROM and FF3 on Wii Virtual Console?) and the "Relocalization Project" (https://sites.google.com/site/ff6relocalized/ again, ugly font, but the translation otherwise seems to be of comparable high caliber to TWUE). Those are the 3 that seemed to be the most of what I'm looking for, dunno if I'm missing any really important ones. RPGOne is just ugly and I don't think I can handle all the literal name translations like calling Espers: Demons.

Also, I'll definitely be using the Bug Fixes if I use TWUE, but should I use the Updated Opera and Add-ons?

Thanks so much.

I took a lot of care to try and make Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition be the best version and a lot of people consider it as such. While it doesn't have the extras that the GBA and PC versions have, it takes the original US Final Fantasy III to being what it needs to be. I made sure the font was the same, with the exception of taking a pixel of space in between letters to give more text space overall. The translation used Woolsey's translation as a base, but I literally went line for line looking at the GBA, RPGOne, and a direct dry Japanese translation from Lina Darkstar as I edited it. Sometimes I inserted a GBA line, and sometimes I merely uncensored the lines.

I went for modern naming for spells (Thunder instead of Bolt 1), items (Phoenix Down instead of FenixDown), and monster names (with a few exceptions such as Bum Rush). This was done because that is Square's official naming currently and is what they are directly from Japanese. There are still instances of abbreviations which I couldn't get around for REALLY long names (like Litwor Chicken).

As for the opera, that is up to you. As much as I like the modern take (which is what Square has had people sing IN CONCERT), I decided it was best to include the original for people who prefer it.

I say the Bug Fixes and Add-Ons are worth it as well. You don't NEED to add the Music Player, but it's a nice addition for people who want something that the GBA version has. .