News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI SNES Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Updated - Version 2.09.2)  (Read 303280 times)

KIL913

• View Profile
Is there by any chance we can get an optional patch where there's only the uncensored graphics and retranslation? No bug fixes and B button dash. I'm looking to play all games as vanilla as possible and so far every translation i've come across all have bug fixes. Thanks

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Is there by any chance we can get an optional patch where there's only the uncensored graphics and retranslation? No bug fixes and B button dash. I'm looking to play all games as vanilla as possible and so far every translation i've come across all have bug fixes. Thanks

The only bugfixes in the Vanilla patch for TWUE were minimal at best because they are part of the uncensoring of the graphics. The only thing it has that isn't as Vanilla as you may prefer is the B-Button Dash itself. I can create an anti-patch if that's to your liking, or you could choose just not to use it.

CarnageMoon

• View Profile
I'm having trouble with the game loading the first battle. The battle music plays, but the screen remains black. I'm using SNES9x, FF3 Rev 1 Rom -- which gets successfully patched with TWUE 2.08 Bug fixes, updated opera, & add-ons. When I put the unpatched Rom into Tush it doesn't have a header. If I run the Rom without the patch it works fine as in I can play the first battle. So the patch seems to cause the issue. Any idea how to get it to work?

Sorry, I made some edits to my post as I wait for a mod to approve it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:29:47 am by CarnageMoon »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I'm having trouble with the game loading the first battle. The battle music plays, but the screen remains black. I'm using SNES9x, FF3 Rev 1 Rom -- which gets successfully patched with TWUE 2.08 Bug fixes, updated opera, & add-ons. When I put the unpatched Rom into Tush it doesn't have a header. If I run the Rom without the patch it works fine as in I can play the first battle. So the patch seems to cause the issue. Any idea how to get it to work?

Sorry, I made some edits to my post as I wait for a mod to approve it.

I think you have the wrong ROM patched. It has to be a version 1.0 (U) FF3 ROM, unheadered of course.

CarnageMoon

• View Profile
I think you have the wrong ROM patched. It has to be a version 1.0 (U) FF3 ROM, unheadered of course.

Thanks! Got it working past the first battle. Was a simple solution  :)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Recently this hack appeared:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5151/

Does your work already have something similar or do you intend to incorporate this as well?

Special

• View Profile
Is that a bug? No, then I doubt it's going to be added, his readme also lists all patches included in the hack, why not just give it a read? Lastly, you can always just add patches like that yourself to your version and make it how you want.

Homer177

• View Profile
Would you mind if I ported the script to GBA? You'll get credit of course.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Would you mind if I ported the script to GBA? You'll get credit of course.

Believe it or not, that is something I have thought of doing. If you want to do so, as long as I'm credited, you have my blessing.

Homer177

• View Profile
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
I noticed a minor grammar error in the very intro of the game.
"But now there are some who would enslave the world by reviving the dread destructive force known as "magic.""

It should obviously be dreaded.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
I noticed a minor grammar error in the very intro of the game.
"But now there are some who would enslave the world by reviving the dread destructive force known as "magic.""

It should obviously be dreaded.

Believe it or not, that's right grammar and was the original Woolsey line. I had changed it to dreaded at one point and later consulted with two English majors who pointed out to me that dread as an adjective means frightening or terrifying and that it's completely correct as used in that sentence.

kjinn22

• View Profile
Hey, just made an account to comment in this thread, absolutely love the work you've done so far!

Just two things stand out to me that I think are errors, and hopefully they aren't in this thread already (did skim through):

1) Snowstorm for Umaro with the Blizzard Orb is somehow translated as Holy Sword. Is that intentional?

2) The Thamasa's Soul's description states that it changes "Magic" to "Double" but my menu still says "X-Magic".

Would be great to be able to fix these, because this mod is otherwise perfect as far as I can tell!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Hey, just made an account to comment in this thread, absolutely love the work you've done so far!

Just two things stand out to me that I think are errors, and hopefully they aren't in this thread already (did skim through):

1) Snowstorm for Umaro with the Blizzard Orb is somehow translated as Holy Sword. Is that intentional?

2) The Thamasa's Soul's description states that it changes "Magic" to "Double" but my menu still says "X-Magic".

Would be great to be able to fix these, because this mod is otherwise perfect as far as I can tell!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have those two corrected soon! Let me know if you find anything else.

kjinn22

• View Profile
Thanks for letting me know. I'll have those two corrected soon! Let me know if you find anything else.

Thank you! Will do!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Okay guys. Version 2.09 has been approved and is available for download!

-I fixed the description for Thamasa Soul.

-Corrected the spell Umaro uses when equipped with a Blizzard Orb.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:58:25 am by Rodimus Primal »

kjinn22

• View Profile
Thanks, just checked it and they worked perfectly.

...but now I'm getting a bit greedy! This patch seems really awesome, but I can't get it to work with WUE:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3895.html

I'm a bit of a noob at these hacks at the moment, so is there any where in the patching order that could make this work?

kjinn22

• View Profile
Found an interesting one: If you don't name Shadow in South Figaro and then talk to him in Sabin's scenario, he will use the name Mogret (his mog filler) until you can rename him. In vanilla, it would just say MAN until you could rename him.

On FF3usME, it just requires changing dialog lines 452 from <A3> to whatever it needs to be.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:16:46 am by kjinn22 »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Found an interesting one: If you don't name Shadow in South Figaro and then talk to him in Sabin's scenario, he will use the name Mogret (his mog filler) until you can rename him. In vanilla, it would just say MAN until you could rename him.

On FF3usME, it just requires changing dialog lines 452 from <A3> to whatever it needs to be.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to look for the other instances that you meet Shadow and skip him and get this fixed right away.

Thanks, just checked it and they worked perfectly.

...but now I'm getting a bit greedy! This patch seems really awesome, but I can't get it to work with WUE:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3895.html

I'm a bit of a noob at these hacks at the moment, so is there any where in the patching order that could make this work?

It appears to use space in the ROM that is already occupied by other bug fixes or tweaks. Perhaps this is something to ask C-Dude or Bropeedio about.

July 06, 2020, 05:35:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've changed it to Man if you did not name him in South Figaro.

Version 2.09.1 has been submitted for this fix.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 05:35:35 pm by Rodimus Primal »

kjinn22

• View Profile
Alright, 2 more for you (Using FF3USME Dialog Line):

When Ramuh is talking line 1086, the "Espers" is not capitalized:

Ramuh: That doesn't mean we can't live here, too. espers come in a variety of forms.<EOP>
My appearance is similar to yours, so I can live among you not worrying about anyone finding out the truth.

And the description for Kaiser Claws:

Set of spiked knukcle claws...