News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PSP(CPK)/PS2 HELP] Mana Khemia 2  (Read 4130 times)

Nyxos

• ~ouisu!
    • View Profile
[PSP(CPK)/PS2 HELP] Mana Khemia 2
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:50 am »
Hello and good day,

I am working on a project based on Mana Khemia 2. And I direly need the resources of the game preferably the PS2 version. I have encountered various tools but to exract the files from the RPK.BIN but with no success, it seems that this tool: http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exar2.html (which is exar2rpk.exe) can open the RPK.BIN from the PS2 version, but this tool is designed for Ar Tonelico since the 2 games are made by Gust, I assume that both have similar formats and also headers which are similar on both games. They say that a program called "lilie.exe" can extract archives from GUST games but they say that it is a paid app but if anyone has it and is willing to share you can also PM me (no intentions mentioned xD) :)

My main problem and would like to accomplish (as stated before) is that I would like to extract the contents/resources of RPK.BIN from the PS2 US Mana Khemia 2 Fall of Alchemy but the tool that is provided is made for the game Ar Tonelico, but basing on the src that is with the extractor, you can alter the code. Further about that, is that, I am not much versed on the PS2 format and have recently started tinkering things. By analyzing the src the key parts are the Name_Table_Offsets and the Offset_Table_Offset, unfortunately I cannot locate them even though I dumped a lot of RAM dumps and searched and searched and searched, since I am not well versed on the PS2 area. I only require extraction on this area, no more no less.

Secondary problem is the PSP JAP Mana Khemia 2 Portable +, the DATA.CPK which is within the psp backup/iso is not a problem since critools can decrypt and pack the archive but the problem arrives when it comes to the other *.CPK's I did a lot of modifications and alterations to some files but to no avail, and after a while I found this tool: http://hcs64.com/files/utf_tab07b5_special.zip which can extract the remaining *.CPK's which I am glad, but the problem is the files are arranged generated by ID's and becomes "headerless" (unreadable headers are generated on each of the files) which the tool recognizes the *.cpk's to only have ITOC and with no @UTF Table which is kinda hard to identify each individual files. So if possible I would like to extract files within these CPK's properly (with proper folder assignments and names and also extensions) and if possible compression also (back to a readable CPK)

If anyone is willing to help then I would gradually appreciate it. I would like to solve the 1st/Main problem first before the secondary. I extend my thanks to those who would help and would like to repay them in such a way that I can handle.

Regards,
Nyxos
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:41:13 am by Nyxos »
"A horrendous monstrosity has forced its way into existence, and we are, as a species, worse for it"

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
Re: [PSP(CPK)/PS2 HELP] Mana Khemia 2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:02:07 am »
Secondary problem is the PSP JAP Mana Khemia 2 Portable +, the DATA.CPK which is within the psp backup/iso is not a problem since critools can decrypt and pack the archive but the problem arrives when it comes to the other *.CPK's I did a lot of modifications and alterations to some files but to no avail, and after a while I found this tool: http://hcs64.com/files/utf_tab07b5_special.zip which can extract the remaining *.CPK's which I am glad, but the problem is the files are arranged generated by ID's and becomes "headerless" (unreadable headers are generated on each of the files) which the tool recognizes the *.cpk's to only have ITOC and with no @UTF Table which is kinda hard to identify each individual files. So if possible I would like to extract files within these CPK's properly (with proper folder assignments and names and also extensions) and if possible compression also (back to a readable CPK)

You won't have any success with the file names there: CPK files containing an ITOC can reference files only by their index. If there were a standard TOC with folders and file names the tool you used would surely prefer that one. So your best bet is to work with the PS2 version; I can't help there, though, as I'm not familiar with the anatomy of Gust games.

Nyxos

• ~ouisu!
    • View Profile
Re: [PSP(CPK)/PS2 HELP] Mana Khemia 2
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:32:58 am »
You won't have any success with the file names there: CPK files containing an ITOC can reference files only by their index. If there were a standard TOC with folders and file names the tool you used would surely prefer that one. So your best bet is to work with the PS2 version; I can't help there, though, as I'm not familiar with the anatomy of Gust games.

I also thought about that during the lines of my research if only the CPK has a UTF table then this would be easier working with it is much easier than TOC and ITOC *sigh*.., I am also thinking of dropping the idea of since the other CPK files only contain Sound/Voice Files and only the DATA.CPK contains what I primarily want, but if there would be a way then I am also open for suggestions. My only problem on the PS2 is the extractors coordinates on the offsets I cant find them, so I need help. I'ts ok, were on the same boat I recently peeked on the GUST format and got the hang of things a bit but not to the extent that I could find pointers and specific table offsets xD. Anyhow thank you for the reply

Regards,
Nyxos

EDIT:
As per my speculation my progress on decrypting and having full access to the files are @:
PSP: 80%
PS2: 20%

I will release my work if this project pulls through. I can edit the gamefiles scripts and also view *.tm2/*.tim , BG, Overlay, Sprites etc.., this fact is only for the psp version of the game. The problem lays on the RPK.BIN which I cannot locate the Offsets. So if anyone is willing to help then I would gladly appreciate it

EDIT2: A breakthrough (a bit)!!!
I finally managed on ripping the sprites, bg, overlays on the RPK.BIN on the PS2 version. All I need is the IN-game scripts and some qv files. This really motivates me in finishing this now hahaha. Lets shift to the PSP version, when I extract the ITOC'd CPK files, I always end up with files ranging from 10-0kb, and when I try to load em on the Cube Player it always detects them as a RAW PMC sound file, and when I try to convert em' the resulting file ends up with a gibberish sound

EDIT3: A problem arises
While decrypting some files within the DATA.CPK on the PSP version. I came across files with a header "HSE" and "IECSsreV" considering their position which is in the fp folder (graphics folder) we can assume that the two files are images of some sort. Since my decryptor handles the decryption where you yourself must input the output extension and location, on that case I have no clue what is it's generic extension. Here is a sample of both: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b2oireb5e55o7f/unk_file_header.rar
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:01:24 am by Nyxos »
"A horrendous monstrosity has forced its way into existence, and we are, as a species, worse for it"