News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: It's Time To Enter the Deepest Dungeon  (Read 6504 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: It's Time To Enter the Deepest Dungeon
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

Update By: KingMike

KingMike has released a complete translation patch for Deep Dungeon III for the Famicom, completing his translation patches for the entire four-game franchise. This one improves on the second as being the first with multiple dungeons and the first with multiple party members and a wider magic selection. It is also the only one which allows the player to create their party.

Originally odino translated the scripts for both III and IV in 2008. The big holdup on this has been because KingMike had quite a frustrating time with the game's difficulty. After analyzing the code, he discovered the game had some bugs, including a severe one that can mysteriously nullify a party member's armor. So, this translation patch includes a few bug fixes as well as changing a few features he didn't like about the game, like how your characters could randomly fumble and de-equip their weapon in battle. But he has also included an offset list for those who disagree on his changes and want to make their own version.

At the last minute, KingMike on his own also made a hasty, largely machine-assisted localization of the manual. He'd really want to make you understand you should know the rules to this game when you're going to play it as does he. You might even pick up a few tips to make the game less painful to play than it was for him.

Note that the translation patch does require the ROM to be expanded first.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1996/)

RomanWarrior

• Pier Solar , Beggar Prince, Wukong ,Star Ody. MINE
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: It's Time To Enter the Deepest Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:17:48 pm »
im happy with this! thanks
Captain Tsubasa 3 , 4th most downloaded Spanish translation.  Possibly the first Jap to Spanish translation instead of English to Spanish. There is no English version yet

stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:55 am »
KingMike - What ever happened to your website?

Hubz

• LEVEL - 99++
    • View Profile
    • Spooky Tornado Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:09:39 pm »
Awesome job KingMike. I know this had to have taken a LOT of work.
- Hubz

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »
This game really frightens me, but congrats on getting it completed.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:45:26 pm »
This is very nice work.  I did never like that fumbled equipment part of the game along with the bugs in the original. :) I made a patch for some modified wall textures for after applying the translation for anyone interested in some better scenery while playing.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1319/

arromdee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »
This says:

This game requires an expanded ROM. Before expansion the ROM should have CRC32: 0x73f7e5d8 and ROM MD5: 0xf3e53123a4502701f9b04e75e902c066.

I used a No-Intro ROM and before expansion it has a CRC32 of 1658230f and a MD5 of b3db1f137b759d1c4fb0004abe190e8a .

The .bps patch applied to this ROM without errors.

Needless to say, applying mrrichard999's wall patch to this result produces a file that doesn't have the checksums he describes either.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 09:36:47 am »
My values come from FCEUX' Message Log, but it appears to be the same ROM as no-intro.

After checking, it seems FCEUX calculates the CRC after stripping the header.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:42:18 am by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »
This says:

I used a No-Intro ROM and before expansion it has a CRC32 of 1658230f and a MD5 of b3db1f137b759d1c4fb0004abe190e8a .

The .bps patch applied to this ROM without errors.

Needless to say, applying mrrichard999's wall patch to this result produces a file that doesn't have the checksums he describes either.

Those CRC values i posted were of a ROM after the expansion and translation were inserted, not of an original ROM. My patch has to be applied after KingMike's patch & expansion is done first otherwise may have issues with the ROM.